Team-BHP - Suggestion needed for a day stay at Kalahasti
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Suggestion needed for a day stay at Kalahasti (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/34283-suggestion-needed-day-stay-kalahasti.html)

Hi all,
I'm visiting Kalahasti this weekend and would like to know any good hotels to stay for a day? Is temple lodging available in Kalahasti? if yes, is online booking available. Please advice.

Thanks,
Ramki.

better to stay at tirupati for both accomodation and food purposes.it is only 30-35km from tpty.very good road.

Hi rkg,
Thanks for your suggestion. But i'm going by KSRTC direct bus to Kalahasti. therefore i want to stay in Kalahasti itself. Suggest me some good hotels and near by places if we finish the pooja soon. My return journey is also booked.

Ramki

Your best bet is to look for accommodation with APTDC's hotel at Kalahasti.

It still shows up under the 'New Projects' list though, don't know if it is ready.

APTDC :: New Projects

AFAIK, There is no descent places to stay @ Kalahasti. Buses are available a plenty to tirupati, and will take you an hour only. Better stay at Tirupati. If u are still adamant @ Kalahasti, and not able to locate any place urself, do give me a call @ 9704446660 I'll try to find out.

Found this on a Geocities page:

Swarna Residency No. 46/49, Car Street Srikalahasti 517644 08578 223065 / 67 / 68 / 224415 It is just 2 minutes walking distance from the main temple.

srikalahasti

There are lots of hotels at Srikalahasti very close to the temple. Decent enough if you only want to spend the day. Passed through this town on Saturday. Sorry I don't remember any names though.

Would suggest a hotel nearby the temple. Guess we stayed at one that cost us 200or 300 per day.

Dont buy stuffs from vendors inside temple. The pooja items are sold by temple people at their counter. Felt funny they way they had AC as well as non-ac places to do the pooja. AC version costs 800or 1000 Rs and you do "pooja" in an AC room while the rest does it inside the temple on its floor.

I lost count of the Siva lingas I saw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 689993)
Felt funny they way they had AC as well as non-ac places to do the pooja. AC version costs 800or 1000 Rs and you do "pooja" in an AC room while the rest does it inside the temple on its floor.

I Guess most Big temples under TTD has A/c Shrinesagree: . Still dunno whether its a good thing or bad thing.May be thats their version of professionalism.

Anybody has got good recent suggestion for stay at Kalahasti. we are planning for a trip next month.

Any suggestion would be great

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 4627896)
Anybody has got good recent suggestion for stay at Kalahasti. we are planning for a trip next month.

There is one Hotel MGM Grand within walking distance of the temple. I have not stayed there, just visited their restaurant. A friend says it is decent and he stays there everytime he visits the temple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 4627896)

Any suggestion would be great

Please visit & there're plenty of options. OTOH, if I may ask why? Reason being, Tirupati is only 45 minutes of drive (including traffic, speed breakers, point to point lazy drive) & you're going to have zillions of options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 4628691)
There is one Hotel MGM Grand within walking distance of the temple. I have not stayed there, just visited their restaurant. A friend says it is decent and he stays there everytime he visits the temple.

I have also visited only their restaurant but the staff are friendly & courteous, it seems to be a good hotel. I also park my car here whenever I go to Kalahasti.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 4628691)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ike (Post 4628963)
I have also visited only their restaurant but the staff are friendly & courteous, it seems to be a good hotel. I also park my car here whenever I go to Kalahasti.

Its a good chain. I have been to Bangalore and Conoor properties. They are quite decent. Good to note there is one in Kalahasti too.

OT:
Hotel Link : http://www.mgm-hotels.com/mgm-hotels-and-resorts
They also seem to have at Ranipet (which now I remember seeing on the highway) and at Velankanni.