Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 22:58   #46
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys any update on the mud bridge across river tungabhadra on raichur side.We are planning to visit raichur after mantralayam and the shortest way to go is via this temporary bridge.Is the mud bridge in working condition despite these heavy rains?
I guess the bridge is broken. There was a report on TOI this week that Mantralaya - Raichur Route that the temporary bridge has been shut and the only way to reach Mantralaya is through Bellary Route
CRV2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 09:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I guess the bridge is broken. There was a report on TOI this week that Mantralaya - Raichur Route that the temporary bridge has been shut and the only way to reach Mantralaya is through Bellary Route
I read in Kannada news paper too that this bridge is washed out after heavy discharge from TB dam.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 15:02   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
I read in Kannada news paper too that this bridge is washed out after heavy discharge from TB dam.

Prasad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post

Thanks guys for the update.

There goes my plans in tungabhadra water(pun intended) :(

Only hope is that the water levels recede in another week or so and the bridge be still motorable even after that! I dont think that is possible
Old 20th August 2011, 13:32   #49
BHPian

Any updates on the road to mantralayam folks?
Planning to go there coming friday
Old 20th August 2011, 13:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Any updates on the road to mantralayam folks?
Planning to go there coming friday
Just look for the Pavankadam's travelogue thread and you should get proper update on the status of road.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:27   #51
BHPian

Just came back from this trip 2 days back. I took the same route in both directions
Bangalore-C'balapur-Anantpur-Gooty-Guntkal-Adoni-Mantralaya

B'lr to Gooty is awesome. it is about 240 kms and I had covered that distance in about 2.15 hours. My average speed on the display showed 100 kmph.
Gooty to Guntkal is also ok. the roads inside the towns are pathetic.
Guntkal to adoni is also ok but very narrow, so we have to slow if another vehicle come in the other direction. again the roads inside the town is very bad shape.
the road to mantralaya is ok in patches and bad in patches.
from my house it is excatly 390 kms and while coming back i left at 9.00am and was in my house at 3.00pm including a 1 hour break @ kamat upachar near c'balapur.

btw that is the only place to eat until you reach Mantralaya(I mean a veg place)
Old 6th September 2011, 14:48   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Just came back from this trip 2 days back. I took the same route in both directions
Bangalore-C'balapur-Anantpur-Gooty-Guntkal-Adoni-Mantralaya
Is there any reason why you went via Guntakal? There was a direct road from Gooty to Adoni via Pattikonda. This was in decent shape as well.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Is there any reason why you went via Guntakal? There was a direct road from Gooty to Adoni via Pattikonda. This was in decent shape as well.
While going it was intentional, because we had to go via Chippgiri.
While returning back we could have taken that route, but did not know about it and did not bother to enquire also. :-) (just followed the same route back).
Old 5th December 2011, 18:29   #54
BHPian

Just back last night from Mantralayam. This was my first drive to the holy shrine.

Took the Blr(Vijaynagar)->Ananthapur->Gooty->Adoni->Yemmiganur->Mantralayam route - total distance covered ~800kms (796kms to be precise). Overall I would say the condition is quite good.

Started from Blr @6.45am on the 3rd and reached M'layam @1pm just in time for lunch. Blr->Gooty the roads are simply awesome with hardly any traffic. Thereafter the interior state roads are good with just a few small bad stretches. Some stretches the roads clearly seemed to have been patched and there are some newly laid roads as well - all in all the roads are good to for speeds between 80-100kmph.
Main grouse is that these roads are really lonely with hardly any human signs between villages, not to mention the fact that there are no places to eat and also very few fueling joints! It is best to tank up (if needed) at Gooty just before exiting the highway.
On the way back, we started @1pm and didnt realise the drive would be such a pain with the sun beating down with all his might upon us. Even with the ACC set to 20deg, it didnt help much to cut down the fatigue! Anyway, we stopped in Gooty for lunch - fairly decent place called Hotel Rajashri, where we managed to get decent veg thalis. With this hour long stop and another half hour at Kamat before Chikballapur we managed to reach @9pm!
The number of devotees seems to keep increasing every year I visit Mantralayam! Thankfully getting acco was not difficult considering we had arrived in the afternoon, when many people typically finish darshan and lunch and prepare to leave. Also with a lot of construction work happening at the shrine, the main entrance has been closed and the entrance has been shifted to the side adjacent to the Manchalamma temple.
royalcruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Visited Mantralayam over last weekend (May 19th). We started at 10.15AM (HSR Layout), were bit late and could not avoid the city traffic. It was 12PM until we passed the new Airport at Devanahalli. We took the route Bangalore-Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam. It took almost 2.5 hours from Gooty to Mantralayam due to

1. Roads are very good but single lane roads, cannot exceed 80KMPH due to suddenly appearing speed breakers without any roadsigns.
2. Couple of bad pactches wherein you need to go at 10KMPH
3. On roads passing through towns you need to be very careful due to careless people crossing the roads
4. Police checkup near Yemmiganur wherein they will ask you to open bags as well (even AP vehicles are not spared). But if you say that you are going to or returning from Mantralayam, they will let you go quickly .

For rest of NH-7, you can easily maintain 110-120KMPH as at many places the speed limit is 100KMPH (never saw this before). You cannot miss any road as there are directions everywhere. We reached Mantralayam at 5.30PM with a 45 min. lunch break at Gooty (Hotel Ravitheja with fine Andhra style food). I had booked a room at Pavamana Udupi Residencey already but accomodation is not an issue. As soon as we reached, a couple of people started asking if we need any accomodation.
On Sunday afternoon after having the prasadam we started back at 2PM. We took exact same route back. With a 45 min break at Kamat Upachar at Chikka Ballapur we started back and reached home by 9.45PM.

In short very good road conditions and doable over a weekend with approx 400KM on either side from HSR Layout.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 23rd May 2012 at 14:18.
rajivtelang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 20:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to know if the road Bridge between Mantralaya and Raichur has been completed and open to traffic.

I believe it was under construction and was supposed to open in July - August 2012. Any update on the bridge status would be helpful.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th July 2012 at 20:36.
Old 18th July 2012, 06:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

I had travelled to Mantralaya in April from Bangalore via Bellary and thought of updating the road condition all the way. From Bangalore to Bellary via Challakere is an excellent road, the road deteriorates from Moka cross in Bellary upto the border, from Andhra Pradesh road has been relaid and it is very good till Mantralaya. There are no sign boards inside Adoni town and a new comer may miss the turn to Mantralaya, better to ask localites for the direction. The road from Bellary to AP border is 31km in total and is horrible to drive and at some places there is no road at all. It takes 1 hour to cover this bad stretch. I have attached a few photos of the road condition. The total distance from my home to Mantralaya is 461km and was able to cover in 7 hours.

Moderators, please remove the low resolution photos
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img489.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img508.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img503.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img507.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img501.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img504.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img509.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img494.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img498.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 18th July 2012 at 07:14.
Old 18th July 2012, 07:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

I have attached higher resolution photos, sorry for putting small resolution pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img489.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img508.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img507.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img504.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img501.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img500.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img498.jpg  

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-img494.jpg  

Attached Images

deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 10:35   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The road from Bellary to AP border is 31km in total and is horrible to drive and at some places there is no road at all.
The route from Bellary you took is Bellary-Alur-Adoni-Mantralayam? There was an update that the Guntakal-Alur-Adoni road is better though a bit narrow.
Old 18th July 2012, 10:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I took Bellary-Alur-Adoni-Madhavaram-Mantralaya route, I took this route intentionally to know the road condition. One advantage I found was except a few trucks nobody were there on this route.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks