Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 00:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I wanted to know if the road Bridge between Mantralaya and Raichur has been completed and open to traffic.
Found this Deccan Herald article searching about it. If it is ready, it should help me for my trip as well
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:49   #62
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Today's Indian Express (Bangalore Edition) mentions that the bridge will soon be inaugurated by the Karnataka CM.
Link
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Today's Indian Express (Bangalore Edition) mentions that the bridge will soon be inaugurated by the Karnataka CM.
Link
This is great news. Helps to club visiting other neighboring places, not to mention the great economic benefit of folks in that region.

Prasad
Old 23rd August 2012, 18:52   #64
BHPian

Hi friends i am planning to go to mantralaya for the first time this weekend. Please give me updates on the dharshan timings. My plan is to start at morning on saturday (this week) and reach at around 3 pm. I need to know the dharshan timimgs and approx time taken for the dharshan. Also please give me some updates about good stay. Also do anyone have any idea about the Navabrindhavan which seems to be very close to Mantralaya.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends i am planning to go to mantralaya for the first time this weekend. Please give me updates on the dharshan timings. My plan is to start at morning on saturday (this week) and reach at around 3 pm. I need to know the dharshan timimgs and approx time taken for the dharshan. Also please give me some updates about good stay. Also do anyone have any idea about the Navabrindhavan which seems to be very close to Mantralaya.

Thanks in advance.
- Roughly from 6AM to 1PM and then 5PM to 9PM. It gets closed for 30-45 mins around 8AM for general darshan when they perform some rituals.
- Unless its a special day, the general darshan should not take more than 30mins in the worst case. If you are wearing a white dhoti, it can be lot quicker too, as there is a different Q. In general darshan is not a problem.
- There are many private lodges, govt guest houses and properties of mutt (including A/c ones). I normally go there and pick-up something. Again, unless there is some special thing like aradhana etc., you'll get good accommodation easily.

Navabrindavana is an island off Anegondi near Hampi. Assuming that the bridge that connects Raichur is opened, is about 190+kms via Raichur, Manvi and Sindhanur. You need to take a boat to reach the island from Anegondi. Given that this is rainy season, water levels could be high and boats may not be available. Please see if you can talk to someone in Anegondi.

If the bridge is not open, you will have to reach Anegondi via Adoni, Bellary and Hampi. There may be a shorter route though.

Let me know if you need more info.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Also please give me some updates about good stay.
Please approach Central Reception Office at Mantralaya ( Main circle ) to stay in cottages run by the Mutt - very economical. Else, Karnataka Bhavan ( next to Hotel Punnami ) is also an option. Please do not go to private lodges or have food there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Navabrindavana is an island off Anegondi near Hampi. There may be a shorter route though.
rki2007, adding to Prasad14 notes - Navabrundavana is about 5 hour drive from Mantralaya and shortest on this route -

Mantralaya - Adoni - Harivanam - Siruguppa - Sripuram cross ( or junction )( near Sindhanur ) - Gangawati - Anegundi : about 160 kms.

Harivanam to Siruguppa stretch ( border area ) is bad for about 18 kms ( 30 to 40 mins ). At Gangawati, ask for directions to Anegundi. This 11 km stretch is narrow, but good. At Anegundi, park car close to the boat jetty and a 10 min boat ride takes you to Navabrundavana.

You can also approach Anegundi from Hampi side - park car at Vijaya vittal temple parking and take a boat to Anegundi. A long walk to another boat ride.

Suggest, plan Navabrundavana from a trip to Hampi.

Last edited by roamingrao : 23rd August 2012 at 22:25.
roamingrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 03:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
echoing Mr Rao's words, its best that you go to the central reception directly and enquire. Assuming that you plan to reach by 3 PM, I would suggest you to book some seva tickets for the same evening , there are numerous ones . Please visit the website for more information
Sri Raghavendra Matha |
Old 24th August 2012, 08:48   #68
BHPian

Friends, the best road I always suggest everyone in the forum from Bangalore to mantralayam would be Blr -> Gooty -> kurnool -> mantralayam. The road to kurnool is a perfect four lane highway and can reach in 5 hours from bangalore. Another one hour or 1.5 hours to mantralayam
Old 24th August 2012, 09:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

The temple closes between 2pm and 4pm not 1pm and 3pm. This I know 'cos we reached Mantralaya past 1pm and had our darshan. Infact the parking guy told us that the temple will be open till 2. We were in and out under 5-10 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Blr -> Gooty -> kurnool -> mantralayam.
Why go all the way to Kurnool, when Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam itself is in great shape ? Except maybe the signages are pretty non-existent. I just drove this way about a week back, it took about 2 hrs to reach Mantralayam from Gooty NH7 exit.
Old 24th August 2012, 17:21   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Why go all the way to Kurnool, when Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam itself is in great shape ? Except maybe the signages are pretty non-existent. I just drove this way about a week back, it took about 2 hrs to reach Mantralayam from Gooty NH7 exit.
Thanks for the info. Good to know the route is in good shape but I guess it makes a half-an-hour extra if you go via kurnool. Irrespective of the time and season, kurnool to mantralayam road is kept in good condition.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:13   #71
BHPian

Hi friends just completed weekend trip to Mantralaya. I took Blr- Anathpur-Gooty-Adoni-Madhawaram-Mantralaya route. The roads from Bangalore to Gooty is superb.The rest are village roads but manageable.I also visited Navabrindavan by taking Mantralaya- Raichur-Manvi- Sidhanur-Gangavathi- Anegondi (Majority of the roads were good).No idea whether the Raichur bridge is officially opened , but still i travelled on the same.

While returning back to Bangalore i took Hospet- Chitradurga- Blr route.Overall the trip was very tiring but indeed enjoyable. I couldn't visit Hampi due to shortage of time

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th August 2012 at 18:17.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 20:08   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends just completed weekend trip to Mantralaya. I took Blr- Anathpur-Gooty-Adoni-Madhawaram-Mantralaya route. The roads from Bangalore to Gooty is superb.The rest are village roads but manageable.I also visited Navabrindavan by taking Mantralaya- Raichur-Manvi- Sidhanur-Gangavathi- Anegondi (Majority of the roads were good).No idea whether the Raichur bridge is officially opened , but still i travelled on the same.

While returning back to Bangalore i took Hospet- Chitradurga- Blr route.Overall the trip was very tiring but indeed enjoyable. I couldn't visit Hampi due to shortage of time
Nice to know that you completed the trip as planned. Hope you had good darshans in both places. How is the road upto Raichur? It was pretty bad a couple of years ago when I went.

I read in the newspaper that due to floods the makeshift bridge got washed away and they had no option to let the traffic on the new bridge, which will be formally inagurated by the Karnataka CM shortly.

BTW, can you also please tell how easy or difficult it is to hire boats from Anegondi? Are boats available thru the day?

Prasad
Old 27th August 2012, 23:35   #73
BHPian

@prasad14

The road from Mantralaya to Raichur is good, except few small stretches. All new tar roads has been asphalted. The Raichur bridge was actually open for travelling. I am not aware whether it is officially been inaugurated.

In Navabrindavan the motor boats are operated during the day from 9 am to 5 pm except on heavy rain days. Normally these boats are not operated during Aug and Sept, but this year since there is very less rain, the boats are operated. You should not be having any problem if you are planning your trip now.The travel time in the boat is hardly 5-8 mins. The fare for to and fro is Rs.40/- per passenger and the boat is easily available.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th August 2012 at 23:39. Reason: spelling errors
rki2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 09:53   #74
Senior - BHPian

Wish I had known this before I left for my trip. While Alur-Bellary was a known disaster, The NH63 stretch from thereon to Hospet was also bad :( Infact Alur-Bellary till AP-KA border is a dream run, I wish the KA side gets done.
Old 31st August 2012, 15:55   #75
BHPian

rki2007, I would be leaving to Mantralaya tomorrow; just curious to know how was the climate there and the water level in the river during your recent visit! Also, how is the road condition from Gooty to Mantralaya, particularly the route via Madhavaram - if that is bad, I can take the Yemiganur route. How much time you took to cover the distance from Gooty to Mantralaya. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed