Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2012, 11:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada View Post
rki2007, I would be leaving to Mantralaya tomorrow; just curious to know how was the climate there and the water level in the river during your recent visit! Also, how is the road condition from Gooty to Mantralaya, particularly the route via Madhavaram - if that is bad, I can take the Yemiganur route. How much time you took to cover the distance from Gooty to Mantralaya. Thanks in advance.
I went through Gooty-Pattikonda-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam. Except for initial 2-3 km from Gooty, rest of the stretch is great and minimal traffic. It took me somewhere around 2 hrs change with some 10 min break.

Weather was hot, but manageable would more or less be like Bangalore in mid-end June.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:47   #77
BHPian

Thanks for the reply, narayans80, though it was a bit late; I would have been somewhere near Adoni at the time you posted your reply! I started from Bangalore (K.R. Puram) at 6:30 a.m. on Sep 1st and reached Mantralaya at 1 p.m. with a 30-min breakfast break - 380 kms exactly. Fortunately, I took the route suggested by you and it was indeed good except for a small stretch after Pathikonda (which has been the same for ages) and another small stretch between Yemiganur and Mantralaya - both less than 500 mts. The place was indeed hot on Saturday and Sunday, but started raining from Monday early morning and there was a constant drizzle for about 100 kms from Mantralaya.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:14   #78
BHPian

Bridge getting inaugurated today

Hi,

The bridge across the Tungabhadra river near Mantralaya which was washed away in 2009 floods, is now complete and will be formally inaugurated today by the Karnataka CM. This bridge will connect North Karnataka to Adoni district and enable smooth transfers to Bellary and further south.

BHPians can now plan for trips beyond Mantralaya.

Prasad
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Visited Mantralaya via the Bangalore-Anantapur-Gooty-Adoni route.
Its a breeze until Gooty/Guthi (took about 3.5 hours) on the NH7 and then slows down considerably on the State highway after Gooty through Adoni took 4 hours for this stretch, so total driving time of 7.5 hours. State Roads via Adoni are pretty OK but can't go fast. Total distance about 390 KM.

Then crossed the new bridge to Raichur.
When returning, tried the Raichur Kurnool SH road. Wouldn't recommend the Raichur-Kurnool SH stretch as the roads are pretty broken, but after reaching Kurnool, its a breeze down the NH7, took about 8 Hours from Raichur to Bangalore.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Wouldn't recommend the Raichur-Kurnool SH stretch as the roads are pretty broken
Curious to know, how is Mantralaya-Raichur?
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Mantralaya-Raichur is pretty decent SH road, takes about an hour of liesurely drive with the new bridge in place.
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Mantralaya-Raichur is pretty decent SH road, takes about an hour of liesurely drive with the new bridge in place.
The road is decent. Not great. The only problem is crossing Tungabhadra bridge. Last month when we ere there, we had to go under the bridge on a make shift barrage. It may be tough for small cars. I hope they have reopened the bridge now for traffic.
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:41   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
The road is decent. Not great. The only problem is crossing Tungabhadra bridge. Last month when we ere there, we had to go under the bridge on a make shift barrage. It may be tough for small cars. I hope they have reopened the bridge now for traffic.
The new bridge was formally inagurated around 10th Sep.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 16:50   #84

I went to Mantralayam last weekend just thought of sharing my experience.

Started Bangalore at 5:00AM. Reached Mantralayam at 12:30PM. Started. Back at 10:30
AM next day, reached Bangalore at 5:30 PM. Route : Bangalore, chikabalapura, Ananthpur, Gooty, Adoni, Mantralayam.

Road till Gooty is excellent, after that its single road but could drive at 60-70Kms.

We managed to get temple accommodation (AC room) which worked out better.

Hope this helps.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

We visited Mantralaya over weekend via Bangalore-Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur. We started on Friday afternoon at about 3PM from Bangalore but made a stay at Anantapur (around 225KM from Bangalore) due to my 2 year old daughter. We reached at 7PM and stayed in Hotel Sapthagiri Balla for the night, an OK hotel for a night, except for not so clean and smelly bathrooms . Next morning we started at around 9AM and reached at Mantralaya by 12.30PM to have the prasada. That day we stayed at Temple accomodation which was easy to get at the central reception (Rs. 200 per day for non AC room and Rs. 200 as deposite, which was returned after check out).
We started on Sunday at around 12PM and reached to Bangalore by 8PM. We travelled in Estilo, so was maintaining decent 85KMPH on NH-7 till Gooty and then average of 60KMPH on road between Gooty-Mantralaya. Overall roads are fine (no doubt about NH-7 till Gooty and later also except for some bad patches here and there and some speed breakers)
Old 7th March 2013, 20:38   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranms View Post

We managed to get temple accommodation (AC room) which worked out better.
Can you please tell me how did you manage to get temple accommodation. Because whenever we go to Mantralaya we don't get temple rooms. They say we need to book them in advance at Bangalore itself. I don't know where to book for accommodation in Bangalore.
Old 7th March 2013, 22:16   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Can you please tell me how did you manage to get temple accommodation. Because whenever we go to Mantralaya we don't get temple rooms. They say we need to book them in advance at Bangalore itself. I don't know where to book for accommodation in Bangalore.
can you try here http://www.raghavendramutt.org/about...-accommodation
Old 8th March 2013, 07:58   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I had tried booking from the mutt's website that you have pointed to but no luck. I was told that they will get back to me and that never happened.
Old 8th March 2013, 07:58   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
This was my first visit to Mantralaya, I had one lodge in my mind which was near to temple, unfortunately there was road repair on entire stretch of temple street. So I was forced to inquiry room at temple guest house and I did get a room as some one vacated just before. Overall it was just a co-inside and luck.
Old 8th March 2013, 14:28   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranms View Post
So I was forced to inquiry room at temple guest house and I did get a room as some one vacated just before. Overall it was just a co-inside and luck.
I will try the same this time too. If I get one well and good else will have to settle for a private lodge. But the temple administration needs to improve a lot and learn from other temples' management such as Dharmasthala and Sringeri.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks