Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 12:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Delhi-Agra-Japiur-Delhi Route/Hotel/Food Suggestions Required

As the the Title say, i'll be out with family this weekend for Delhi-Agra-Jaipur Tour. In between we'll be staying a night at Mathura.

We'll be catching the road early morning say 6 AM, and will follow the mathura road route till mathura and agra from delhi, there after leaving for jaipur. Will leave for delhi from jaipur via gurgaon

Any suggestions for route/Hotel/Good food joints on the way and on the places. Also, need information about the reliable petrol/cng bunks on the way. I suppose cng bunks are in Agra, but don't know exact location, any idea for the same ??
Old 15th January 2008, 13:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mathura road is in good condition all the way till Agra. Anyways u won't feel anything in the super comfort providing Optra.

Agra CNG stations.

SHAHEED JITENDRA FILLING STATION,
IOCL PUMP,
KAILASHPURI,
AGRA TEL : 0562 - 2605576.

AUTO ENERGY RUNKUTA - IOCL,
RUNKUTA, AGRA - MATHURA ROAD,
AGRA. TEL : 05613 - 271283.

Please call them n confirm once before leaving for Agra.

Last edited by kpzen : 15th January 2008 at 13:09.
Old 15th January 2008, 13:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Mathura road is in good condition all the way till Agra. Anyways u won't feel anything in the super comfort providing Optra.

Agra CNG stations.

SHAHEED JITENDRA FILLING STATION,
IOCL PUMP,
KAILASHPURI,
AGRA TEL : 0562 - 2605576.

AUTO ENERGY RUNKUTA - IOCL,
RUNKUTA, AGRA - MATHURA ROAD,
AGRA. TEL : 05613 - 271283.

Please call them n confirm once before leaving for Agra.

Thanks kp, it was quick Anyways we'll be in convey of around 3-4 cars including optra, innova and octavia as this is family trip rather then a personal trip. Thanks for the bunks contact no. any idea where they will fall.. ?
Old 15th January 2008, 13:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ashish
The AUTO ENERGY IOCL is on NH-2 between Mathura and Agra. For exact location pm kumar sir or call the dealer.

Anyways gas stations in Jaipur
Rajasthan H/Way
Transport Nagar
Jaipur
Phone:+91-141-2642683

This one is on NH-8 i think and u will be on NH-11 to Jaipur isn't it?
Old 15th January 2008, 14:26   #5
BHPian

There are a lot of Petrol bunks after crossing Mathura refinery.
There is also a McDonald on the way to Agra(Road side on the left, very near to Mathura Refinary).
You can also see a A1 Plaza somewhere near farah( between Agra & mathura).

You can take the Fatahpur Sikri/Bharatpur Road which takes you to Jaipur, The Road is not four Laned.

Last edited by greatDrive : 15th January 2008 at 14:27.
Old 15th January 2008, 15:23   #6
BHPian

Delhi To Mathura should be 2-3 hours at 6 Am, from Mathura to Agra its hardly 50Km, so add another hour. When in Mathura, try the Lassi and Tikki, they are very famous. Once you take the left turn from the Highway a market starts, and hardly half a kilometer from the turning point, you will see a huge crown on the left side of the road. Its actually a sweet shop whose Puri Chhole are very famous..

In Agra you can stay at Hotel Sheela, google is your friend. Its a very cheap, however good value for money accomodation, the only hotel located in the protected zone of Taj Mahal. I guess its right on the east gate of the monument. Good food is a problem in Agra, unless of course you are in a rated hotel.

From Agra get hold of the Bikaner Highway, it will take you to Fatehpur Sikri, which is good for couple of hours. After that follow the same road towards Jaipur, its a 2 lane road, however in excellent condition. I love driving on that road however on a different stretch.

I don't have much Idea about Jaipur, however when returning from Jaipur to Delhi there is a severe Dearth of good eating places. The only worthy option is the Rajasthan Governments Midway located in Behror. Its around 135 km before Delhi.
Old 15th January 2008, 17:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashish
The AUTO ENERGY IOCL is on NH-2 between Mathura and Agra. For exact location pm kumar sir or call the dealer.

Anyways gas stations in Jaipur
Rajasthan H/Way
Transport Nagar
Jaipur
Phone:+91-141-2642683

This one is on NH-8 i think and u will be on NH-11 to Jaipur isn't it?
Yes towards Jaipur I'll be on NH11, however from jaipur towards delhi I'll be on NH8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
You can also see a A1 Plaza somewhere near farah( between Agra & mathura).
Are you referring to Chauma Farah, Agra (googled) ??
Old 15th January 2008, 18:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Delhi To Mathura should be 2-3 hours at 6 Am, from Mathura to Agra its hardly 50Km, so add another hour. When in Mathura, try the Lassi and Tikki, they are very famous. Once you take the left turn from the Highway a market starts, and hardly half a kilometer from the turning point, you will see a huge crown on the left side of the road. Its actually a sweet shop whose Puri Chhole are very famous..
My family is going to love me for all this fooding information Can you recall the name of the puri chole shop, and are you talking about the turn taken for mathura, the steep left one from highway ?

Quote:
In Agra you can stay at Hotel Sheela, google is your friend. Its a very cheap, however good value for money accomodation, the only hotel located in the protected zone of Taj Mahal. I guess its right on the east gate of the monument. Good food is a problem in Agra, unless of course you are in a rated hotel.
How do you rate hotel Sheela's food ?

However, googled a bit and digged the information about hotel sheela

Hotel Sheela & Hotel Sheela Inn Agra - Website not working currently

Eastern Gate Taj Mahal | Agra 282001 | Uttar Pradesh | India
tel. +91 562 2333074 / +91 562 2331194 | hotelsheelaagraindia@yahoo.com

Quote:
From Agra get hold of the Bikaner Highway, it will take you to Fatehpur Sikri, which is good for couple of hours. After that follow the same road towards Jaipur, its a 2 lane road, however in excellent condition. I love driving on that road however on a different stretch.
May be we will be skipping fatehpuri sikri, How much time does it take to cross this stretch while skipping fatehpuri sikri?

Quote:
I don't have much Idea about Jaipur, however when returning from Jaipur to Delhi there is a severe Dearth of good eating places. The only worthy option is the Rajasthan Governments Midway located in Behror. Its around 135 km before Delhi.
Thanks for the info, every word is worth of it !!
Old 15th January 2008, 19:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For exact location pm kumar sir or call the dealer.
Can you be a bit specific about the used id as by searching for "kumar" there are around 15 user ids...
Old 15th January 2008, 20:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Search for Hvkumar. He is the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Can you be a bit specific about the used id as by searching for "kumar" there are around 15 user ids...
Old 15th January 2008, 20:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As the the Title say, i'll be out with family this weekend for Delhi-Agra-Jaipur Tour. In between we'll be staying a night at Mathura.

We'll be catching the road early morning say 6 AM, and will follow the mathura road route till mathura and agra from delhi, there after leaving for jaipur. Will leave for delhi from jaipur via gurgaon

Any suggestions for route/Hotel/Good food joints on the way and on the places. Also, need information about the reliable petrol/cng bunks on the way. I suppose cng bunks are in Agra, but don't know exact location, any idea for the same ??
Dabchick Resort (run by Haryana Tourism) is also a nice place to stop by for food between Delhi and Agra (exactly 75 kms from Delhi border at Badarpur).

Right at the Mathura Refinery Gate, there is a COCO petrol pump of Indian Oil - 146 kms from Delhi Border. 3 kms further down there is also a Reliance petrol pump. I confess that I do not know whether they have LPG/CNG.

In case you are also going to Vrindavan, you can turn off NH2 123 kms after Delhi border (prominent signages), and go on from there to Mathura after covering Vrindavan.

Agra town also has some petrol pumps (both Pure for Sure and Club HP credit card pumps) after you enter town.

Between Agra and Jaipur, on NH11, in the Bharatpur bypass there are a few good hotels (try Hotel Pratap Palace) where you can stop midway to Jaipur. There are also some good petrol pumps in the Bharatpur bypass.

Returning from Jaipur, please note that fuel is cheaper in Haryana (after crossing Behror), and there are several good petrol stations right on the Rajasthan-Haryana border.

You can PM me in case you wish to have detailed route plan for the Delhi-Mathura-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi route - I did Delhi-Vrindavan-Mathura-Agra-Jaipur in Sep 2005, Delhi-Agra in Oct 2006 and Jaipur-Delhi last month.
Old 15th January 2008, 22:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Dabchick Resort (run by Haryana Tourism) is also a nice place to stop by for food between Delhi and Agra (exactly 75 kms from Delhi border at Badarpur).

Right at the Mathura Refinery Gate, there is a COCO petrol pump of Indian Oil - 146 kms from Delhi Border. 3 kms further down there is also a Reliance petrol pump. I confess that I do not know whether they have LPG/CNG.
May be, i am expecting a CNG Bunk at RUNKUTA situated at AGRA MATHURA ROAD as specified by kp. i called at the no. provided but no one picked up as usual.

Quote:
In case you are also going to Vrindavan, you can turn off NH2 123 kms after Delhi border (prominent signages), and go on from there to Mathura after covering Vrindavan.
Point taken, but i will miss the poori chole breakfast at mathura, stated by shashank

Quote:
Between Agra and Jaipur, on NH11, in the Bharatpur bypass there are a few good hotels (try Hotel Pratap Palace) where you can stop midway to Jaipur. There are also some good petrol pumps in the Bharatpur bypass.
We are planning to stay at either mathura or agra.

Quote:
You can PM me in case you wish to have detailed route plan for the Delhi-Mathura-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi route - I did Delhi-Vrindavan-Mathura-Agra-Jaipur in Sep 2005, Delhi-Agra in Oct 2006 and Jaipur-Delhi last month.
Kumar, i must praise for the logs you have maintained, still how do wondering so much minute by minute report of kms covered, turns taken etc. It's actually fabulous. was astonished by the long trip you have been doing from 2005, and that too year by year. Really appreciable record maintaining ability.
Old 15th January 2008, 22:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Kumar, i must praise for the logs you have maintained, still how do wondering so much minute by minute report of kms covered, turns taken etc. It's actually fabulous. was astonished by the long trip you have been doing from 2005, and that too year by year. Really appreciable record maintaining ability.
Actually, I have log books from 1986 when I started driving around in a bike. Covers all parts of India. However, till 2000, I have only handwritte records, not yet Excel sheeted them, but all after that are soft copies. Happy to share them any time.

My co-passengers go through the "punishment" of writing down the log books - whenever I am alone, I write them myself on the move.
Old 15th January 2008, 22:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

Update: it is finalised that we will be moving at around 9 on thursday, 17 June, 2007

Any recommendation for jaipur staying friends ?
Old 15th January 2008, 22:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Pearl Palace - Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

immaculate service and rates. some 900-950 odd we paid for a family room (sleeping: 3 bed + 1 sofa) which had a single loo. AC and during full season. Good parking too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks