Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 08:46   #151
BHPian

Re: Alternative routes - Mahabalipuram to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If its Mahindra world city for a start, the other option is: Singaperumal Kovil-Orgadam-Walajaad-Sunguvarchatram. This route is a 4-lane except at the start (exit on GST to go past the railway line)
This route is also under consideration but wanted to understand if it is more peaceful driving thru the Thiruvannamalai route instead of taking this route which I generally take that is also riddled with diversions.

Also I am going all the way to South Goa via Charmadi Ghat - Udupi - Murudeswar - Canacona and returning via the Yellapur - Haveri route. Hosur is the first stop-over on a Friday night. Udupi is the second stop over phone on Saturday night and the next two days will be in south Goa.
Old 2nd January 2024, 09:09   #152

Quote:
How is this bridge on Palar? Is it in good condition? Google snaps show this up like a submergible bridge. Hence my question.
My mother's hometown is in this locality, Yes, this bridge is very much commutable and very much in use. While coming from Tindivanam, It provides a straightforward detour directly to Tirukazhukundram, bypassing Chengelpet town and saving valuable time.
vijayper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:31   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
My starting point is Paranur railway station (Mahindra World City).
Your advise on driving (keeping the speeds on lower side) on not a very roads is well taken.
If your starting point is Mahindra world city, then head via Tiruvannamalai - Krishnagiri without any worries.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is this bridge on Palar? Is it in good condition? Google snaps show this up like a submergible bridge. Hence my question.
Absolutely no worries, as a matter of fact this bridge was one of the options for detour when the Palar bridge work was happening a year or so back
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:00   #155

Took NH48 to NH42 on the way back from Mahabalipuram to Bangalore. Would prefer this route as it has a lot less traffic and was mostly 6 lane highways throughout. It has quite a few diversions due to ongoing construction, a few potholes, and more tolls(₹410 vs ₹285) but since it is a larger highway, overtaking or being overtaken is not stressful.

You find a lot of restaurants and go through smaller towns that can make for good pit stops as well. Additionally it would be preferred if you are starting early morning or late night for the better visibility.
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:30   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoyal9 View Post
Took NH48 to NH42 on the way back from Mahabalipuram to Bangalore. Would prefer this route as it has a lot less traffic and was mostly 6 lane highways throughout. It has quite a few diversions due to ongoing construction, a few potholes, and more tolls(₹410 vs ₹285) but since it is a larger highway, overtaking or being overtaken is not stressful.
Can you please chart the entire route on Google maps? That would help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks