Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 11th January 2021, 15:23   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai to Kerala : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Which one would you guys prefer?
None of the above. Bombay-Bangalore-Salem-CBE bypass-Pallakad-Thrissur. Would suggest optimizing Bombay-Kolhapur and Tumkur-Hosur crossing times. Would suggest a 3am Bombay start and stay Hosur for the night (Salem if you have the enthu), this way day 2 is a piece of cake.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 15:59   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
None of the above. Bombay-Bangalore-Salem-CBE bypass-Pallakad-Thrissur. Would suggest optimizing Bombay-Kolhapur and Tumkur-Hosur crossing times. Would suggest a 3am Bombay start and stay Hosur for the night (Salem if you have the enthu), this way day 2 is a piece of cake.

I second this; did Mumbai - TVM - KTYM - Mumbai in the 1st week of Dec.

While going did Mumbai - Bangalore - Salem - Madurai - Nagercoil - TVM; took a halt at Attibele. Left Navi Mumbai at 12 15 am and reached Attibele at 3 pm, then left at 5 am next day and reached Neyyattinkara/TVM at 3 pm.

While returning did KTYM - Thrissur - Pallakad - CBE Bypass - Salem - Bangalore - Mumbai; took a halt at Davangere. roads are beautiful except the usual Kuthiran mess. Left KYTM at 5 30 am and reached Davangere at 9 pm, Left 4 30 am the next day and reached 4 pm home.

Cheers
cn.vishnu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 13:50   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn.vishnu View Post
I second this; did Mumbai - TVM - KTYM - Mumbai in the 1st week of Dec.

While going did Mumbai - Bangalore - Salem - Madurai - Nagercoil - TVM; took a halt at Attibele. Left Navi Mumbai at 12 15 am and reached Attibele at 3 pm, then left at 5 am next day and reached Neyyattinkara/TVM at 3 pm.

While returning did KTYM - Thrissur - Pallakad - CBE Bypass - Salem - Bangalore - Mumbai; took a halt at Davangere. roads are beautiful except the usual Kuthiran mess. Left KYTM at 5 30 am and reached Davangere at 9 pm, Left 4 30 am the next day and reached 4 pm home.

Cheers
Thank you for your suggestions, I will take the Bangalore-CBE-Palakkad route only. Shall target Salem, if I get late then I will halt at Bangalore.
Any checks related to Covid on Kerala border? Do I need a covid negative certificate?
Old 12th January 2021, 16:14   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Thank you for your suggestions, I will take the Bangalore-CBE-Palakkad route only. Shall target Salem, if I get late then I will halt at Bangalore.
Any checks related to Covid on Kerala border? Do I need a covid negative certificate?
Hi Dean,

I was carrying a TN transit Pass & KL Short visit pass (Both were instantly approved) for my trip.

Although no one bothered to check at both TN & KL, no need for Covid negative certificate if you are on a short visit trip i.e. 8 days.

Let me know if you need any other info.
cn.vishnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 22:15   #170

Hey guys,

I am planning for a road trip from Mumbai to Thrissur (Kerala) with family (kids aged 9 & 4) in 2 weeks.

My current plan is as follows:
Day 1: Mumbai - Pune - Tumakuru (Google indicates approximately 14 hours)
Day 2: Tumakuru - Hosur - Erode - Thrissur (Google indicates approximately 11 hours)

Kindly advise if Davanagere would be a better place to split this journey at; or to stop earlier and do the same across 3 days.

Will be applying for the Kerala State e-pass (short visit) accordingly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th April 2021, 19:01   #171

Hello All,

I did my trip from Mulund (MH) to Thrissur (KL) on 30th Jan 2021 and returning back on 05th Feb 2021.

The co-passengers included my wife and two kids aged 9 and 4 in our 2018 Honda City.

Onward journey:
Day 1: Mulund (MH) - Chitradurga (KA)
Day 2: Chitradurga (KA) - Thrissur (KL)

Since I had traveled to Kerala for some personal work, was too tired to drive an entire day. Keeping safety in mind decided to break the return trip in three days.

Return journey:
Day 1: Thrissur (KL) - Salem (TN)
Day 2: Salem (TN) - Kolhapur (MH)
Day 3: Kolhapur (MH) - Mulund (MH)

Since I was traveling with kids, I had not made any prior reservations for our stay. All bookings were made during our evening tea / dinner breaks; primarily keeping the preferences of my wife and kids. Do follow all the mandated Covid protocols, including the state passes, test results, etc as needed.

When traveling with kid(s) between the ages (3 - 10), considering the following would be a good idea:
1. Be open to stop when the kids need a break. My younger child had motion sickness and we had to make several unplanned breaks when traveling to Kerala.
2. Get a new toy and give it to them a few hours into the journey as they start to get a little bored. Your first day of travel would be blissful.
3. Carry a roll or two of kitchen towels, with at least one roll placed in an easily accessible place within the cabin. Keep a few plastic bags handy within the cabin.
4. Carry extra pairs of clothes for the kids in a something like a backpack so you would not have to unpack your suitcase by the side of the road.
5. Travel light and carry enough water.

And most importantly - travel safe. If you are tired, take adequate breaks.
thevadakan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed