Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 23:44   #1

Mumbai to Baroda (Vadodra)

Anyone travelled on this route recently planning to go next month but heard that lot of traffic jams around Surat and also near Baroda due to six laning work. Also any idea if the Manor to Vasai stretch has improved compared to the nightmare it was about 3 months back
Old 5th February 2008, 00:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Had travelled to Surat a month back.Traffic jams around surat..Well yeah i did get into one but u can pass through the extreme left lane in most of the situations.Till surat its a dream.
Manor to vasai strech is okay.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:34   #3
BANNED

Have travel many times, total distance from Mumbai ( Borivali ) to Baroda is 439km, will suggest you to start early in the morning to avoid traffic, Get Fuel again refill at Surat , Will suggest you to chk your vehicle completely before starting the journey as roads are very lonely, Many times you wont find single house/shop/person for 10/15 km stretch at both sides, Put Yellow color Strip ( sticker) on right hand side headlight as that is compulsory in Gujrat else you will end up paying 100 Rs as a fine !

Keep lot of Change with you fo paying Tolls > There are 5/6 tolls

Happy Travelling,

Cheers !
Jitendra

Last edited by nicejits : 5th February 2008 at 09:36.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

As humyum mentioned, because of flyover and road widening work, you will encounter your first road block in the Surat bypass. You can escape serious traffic jams there in case you reach that point before 8 am. Evenings can be bad. There are 3 flyovers under construction, the worst is the first one from Bombay. From Surat onwards, road widening work is in progress, no traffic jams, but traffic is slow. Your next traffic block is in Ankleshwar town where things can get very messy especially in North-South direction - navigating the sides of the road also can be a problem in view of the cratered shoulders. Baroda bypass has 5 flyovers under construction but if you are going into Baroda city, you are advised to take the first turn off into the city. The traffic jams in Baroda bypass are not as bad as Surat and Ankleshwar, and the chances are that you will get through without much trouble.
Old 6th February 2008, 22:00   #5

Thanks guys for the replies but does anyone have a idea whether the road from manor to vasai which was in a total mess at least till november last year while coming to mumbai has been repaired or not
Old 8th February 2008, 16:17   #6

Did the Vadodra-Surat stretch on 25th Dec. Steered out of NE-1 around 0945 and was able reach Surat in less than 3 hours. Due the road-widening work, you would encounter frequent halts but I must say the traffic marshals do a good job. It never took more than 5 minutes at any junction.

I was back doing the opposite stretch on 6th Jan. This time I reached Surat aound 1230 and took it me 4 hours to do it - due to excessive traffic volume (or perhaps regular, since 25th Dec did seem a tad less).

Not sure about Vasai, but if it helps, it took me 4 hours from Bombay (starting from Bandra onto the Western Express) to Surat. The journey till I crossed Dahisar was pretty agonizing due to the traffic, but smoothened out eventually. The road conditions were quite all right till Surat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion View Post
Thanks guys for the replies but does anyone have a idea whether the road from manor to vasai which was in a total mess at least till november last year while coming to mumbai has been repaired or not
Old 8th February 2008, 22:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Vasai road sections are good going North, but still a little bad returning to Bombay south.
Old 9th February 2008, 11:13   #8

Thanks guys for the replies planning to go to nathdwara around 3rd week March but not decided yet whether by car or train keeping in view the traffic delays in baroda - surat. Usually go to nathdwara once or twice a year by car
Old 31st July 2009, 00:11   #9

Baroda-Mumbai Road Conditions

Guys, I'm planning to drive down from Vadodara to Mumbai on 3rd August. Can somebody please give a good idea about the route. I have checked the google driving directions and have gone through a lot of posts here and there as well. I'm now looking for the most recent update on the road conditions.
I have been trying to access the forum area for last week but my profile was awaiting approval and hence I could not post this before.
Looking for a really prompt reply. Cheers all!
Old 31st July 2009, 11:16   #10
BHPian

I did the drive a month ago. Except for some stretches around Surat and Ankleshwar, the roads are wonderful. I drove in the night and reached from Andheri to Vadodara in around 5.5 hrs.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Since then, a few updates:

- Road north of GHodbunder (Bombay border) has developed pot holes in Vasai-Virar area
- The toll gate after Virar is terribly inefficient, jamming up vehicles for upto 30 minutes, if not more
- Surat Bypass continues to be a jam point
- Ankleshwar town jams have become less
- Drive from Ankleshwar to Baroda is the best you can get on the whole trip, now that the 6-lane roads are complete.

For those staying in Central side of Bombay, it is not a bad idea to take the Thane-Bhiwandi-Wada-Manor road to avoid the delays on NH8, as long as you are leaving Bombay before 6 am.
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:16   #12
BHPian

Kumar has got it right,drove on the road on 25th july,filling in from Gulmarg,work is oing on at Tapti overbridge, after Kamrej take service road, rest is a breeze. Kumarji, even the Chittorgarh bp is ready you do not have to go to Kapasan circle now.
Old 14th September 2010, 13:11   #13
BHPian

I am planning to go mumbai by road from vadodara in this week. Have driven till surat so know the route till that but dont know how to go further. Can anyone help me with regard to the exact route so that i can move up without any hassle ?
Old 14th September 2010, 13:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
I am planning to go mumbai by road from vadodara in this week. Have driven till surat so know the route till that but dont know how to go further. Can anyone help me with regard to the exact route so that i can move up without any hassle ?
You do not have to enter Surat city, you continue on the bypass.
It is a lovely 6-laned highway all the way to Baroda via Ankleshwar (55 kms), Bharuch (17 kms) to Baroda city (45 kms). You can do it in 1.5-2 hours.
Expect heavy truck though.
YOu can go off the Baroda bypass at various points depending on which locality you wish to go to (Baroda city is to the west of the bypass).
Old 12th July 2011, 14:07   #15
BHPian

Re: Baroda to Mumbai

Check out my thread for the same route but from Vadodra to Mumbai on my Rx 135 - 5 Speed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...35-5speed.html

Most Viewed