Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 19:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Last time I asked my passenger to time the run and I did chennai outskirts to hosur in 2hrs 45mins (~310 km). From there getting into bangalore took another 2 hours as traffic in E-City was terrible. If the traffic wasn't that bad, its quite easy to do chennai-blore in 4 hours.
. Last Sunday, I was in Poonamalle at 1.30 PM and entered the Karnataka border at 5.45 PM. Very much doable.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 21st October 2009, 15:45   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
. Last Sunday, I was in Poonamalle at 1.30 PM and entered the Karnataka border at 5.45 PM. Very much doable.

Cheers,
Rajan

The key to reach Bangalore early is the time of travel you choose. Reach Bangalore during the off-peak hours. If you are on Bangalore-Hosur road between 5 PM to 9 PM, then its gonna take you forever to cross that road. The idle time would be early hours in the morning or after 10 PM on Blore-Hosur Road. Plan accordingly.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

Although I have not taken the BMIC road, but I have seen clear indications on the Hosur road towards the BMIC. So any time you arrive in Bangalore, it would not be a problem to locate this sign on the Hosur road. (You will need to turn left)

Once you are on the BMIC road you will need to cross two main cross points. Bannerghetta and the Kanakpura roads.
The Bannerghatta crossing is not up and you will run into guided traffic through the mud roads. Once done you can zip through the Kanakpura crossing and arrive at the Mysore road junction. I hope there should be no confusion. Its the fastest way to get past Bangalore, even during peak traffic hours.

Hope this helps.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have a query on directions between Chennai and Coorg. Google maps is throwing up the following route for which i want some advice and suggestions.

Chennai-Vellore-Krishnagiri-Kaveripattanam-Denkanikottai-Sathanur(NH209)-Mysore-Kushalnagar-Madikeri.

Anyone attempted this route before, if so suggestions are appreciated. Or is a safe bet to take the regular route via Hosur which has been discussed earlier in this thread?
Old 21st October 2009, 19:15   #20
Team-BHP Support

I just checked in Google maps. At least the distance seems to the same (~590). I have no idea of this new route though.
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I have a query on directions between Chennai and Coorg. Google maps is throwing up the following route for which i want some advice and suggestions.

Chennai-Vellore-Krishnagiri-Kaveripattanam-Denkanikottai-Sathanur(NH209)-Mysore-Kushalnagar-Madikeri.

Anyone attempted this route before, if so suggestions are appreciated. Or is a safe bet to take the regular route via Hosur which has been discussed earlier in this thread?
The road between Denkanikottai & Sathnur it seems was pretty narrow and passes through forested areas. Don't expect any good roads here. Try this if you are driving an SUV and are driving during the day.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:05   #22

Mysore to Madikeri

Did this stretch recently. Roads are excellent upto Kushalnagar. Then onwards to Madikeri they have disintegrated and really slow you down. roads within Coorg are also really bad in patches unless you are in a SUV or high ground clearance vehicle.
Old 16th August 2019, 14:41   #23
BHPian

Re: Mysore to Madikeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil S View Post
Did this stretch recently. Roads are excellent upto Kushalnagar. Then onwards to Madikeri they have disintegrated and really slow you down. roads within Coorg are also really bad in patches unless you are in a SUV or high ground clearance vehicle.
Any updates on this route in the past 10 years? I might be planning a Chennai-Bangalore-Coorg road trip at the end of the month.
Old 16th August 2019, 15:01   #24
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Any updates on this route in the past 10 years? I might be planning a Chennai-Bangalore-Coorg road trip at the end of the month.
Is this a good time for a recreational trip to Coorg? Wasn't the area flooded quite badly?
Old 16th August 2019, 15:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Is this a good time for a recreational trip to Coorg? Wasn't the area flooded quite badly?
That's a good question. I'll relay that to my friends in Blr who are planning this.
Old 16th August 2019, 16:33   #26
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post

This is not a good time to visit coorg. Due to heavy rains the interior road are bad and hence you can not visit many of the sight seeing places.Please check before you actually fix your itinerary.I have coffee estate in coorg and could not reach my estate two days back even though it is on the main road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks