Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2008, 11:10   #1
BHPian

Alternate routes to Nelamangala?

Hi!
Any other route to reach Nelamangala other then the Tumkur road?
Has any one tried the Yelhanka - Hessarghata Road?
From Hessarghata is there a direct connect to the Dodballapur -> Nelamangala Road?
I was planning to drive down to Karwar, wanted to know any ways to avoid this route. Plan to start evening around 4:00pm and take a night halt at Davanegere. Worried about the time it will take to reach Nelamangala from Mekhri circle through the traditional road.
Old 11th February 2008, 12:37   #2
BHPian

Passing through Tumkur Road at 4 pm should not be a big problem. It should take roughly an hour to reach N'gala from Mekhri circle. Anyway, to avoid delays, turn right at BEL circle, proceed to Gangamma circle - take left - Air Force station - Ayappa temple - Jalahalli cross. This route you avoid Goraguntepalya and the railway crossing before that on Ring road.

If you wish to avoid Jalahalli Cross as well, take right after Ayappa temple onto pipe-line road ( Bad road - total distance - 2 km ) and proceed upto Bagalagunte on H'ghatta road, take left and join Tumkur road at 8th mile signal ( Reliance bldg ). From there on, drive to N'gala would be 15 - 20 mins.

Another option if you want to enjoy the greens, though very long, go to Yelahanka, proceed to Rajanakunte on Dod'pur road ( 9 kms ) take left towards Madhure ( Shanideva temple ) - 13km and then proceed towards Nelamangala ( 13 km ) - you will enter N'gala town.

There are other village roads between Yelahanka and H'ghatta road but not advisable as you may get misguided by villagers !

Have a good ride !
roamingrao - H'ghatta road.
Old 11th February 2008, 19:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
haripg : Hi!From Hessarghata is there a direct connect to the Dodballapur -> Nelamangala Road?
You can do Doddballapur - Nelamangala. It's a little round-about. Dont remember the exact route since it's been a very long time since I ventured that side.
Old 11th February 2008, 22:39   #4
BHPian

Please check one more thread on BMIC NICE road, I heard that this road is ready except for small portions near major road junctions. If you are starting from South Bangalore you will be able to get onto this road from Bannerghatta Road/Kanakapura Road/Mysore Road and directly come on NH4 near Neelmangala drastically reducing your travel time.

I am not sure exact details for entry on this road but I am 100% sure that you will be able to use it. Please check for latest news on this road and give it a try.
Old 11th February 2008, 23:46   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Deepak, I guess Hari's question is because of the work being done on Tumkur Rd, till way beyond Himalaya drugs factory. The ring roads & NICE road all join Tumkur Rd much much before that.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:32   #6
BHPian

Condor is right.
I will be coming in from North Bangalore.
roamingrao's info should be very useful.
Thanks a lot!

Regards
Hari
Old 12th February 2008, 14:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Deepak, I guess Hari's question is because of the work being done on Tumkur Rd, till way beyond Himalaya drugs factory. The ring roads & NICE road all join Tumkur Rd much much before that.
sorry missed that part. I guess my suggestion is not pertinent here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks