Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 22:31   #31
BHPian

How about places to stay? I could break my journey into 2 days and stay overnight at Gooty or Kurnool. What are the general accomodation rates? I'll need some secured parking space and room rates to be between cheap to reasonable.

Prajwal
Old 15th October 2008, 23:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Fabulous suggestion! I looked up the Google maps and the route runs parallel all the way till Anantpur. After that, it makes better sense to follow NH7 till hyd.

My usual cruising speeds are around 70-75kmph. I just hope the State highways are in good shape coz I ain't an iron-butted build.

Any places to break on the parallel route? I am guessing Hindupur is a fairly big town to break?

Prajwal
Bangalore-Hindupur stretch, I did around 2 years ago. Used to less than average in KA(70+ speeds), and good(100+ speeds) in AP.
After Hindupur, you need to cross over to right side of NH from left.
Check out mapmyindia.com for better view
See directions from Bangalore to Hyderabad, and zoom in, to see detailed route of what I suggested.
From Hindupur, you need to go towards Dharmavaram following villages like Kothacheruvu, Kanumukkala.
This is a very good stretch. I did this route 2 months back, and in excellent shape.
Hindupur may not be ideal for break.
For chai breaks etc, you can even stop at Doddaballapur or Gauribidanur on the way to Hindupur.

For longer break you can stop at Dharmavaram or Anantapur.

On reaching Anantapur suburbs, check with locals for by pass to reach NH.

Quote:
How about places to stay? I could break my journey into 2 days and stay overnight at Gooty or Kurnool. What are the general accomodation rates? I'll need some secured parking space and room rates to be between cheap to reasonable.

Prajwal

At Kurnool, AP tourism has a hotel. Otherwise, there should be pretty good places there.
No personal experience though.
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:13   #33

Quote:

Prajwal
Hi Prajwal,

What is your feedback on the road condition now, as you seem to be the last travelled on this road. Feedback would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Prasant.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Bumping this thread for an update on the current conditions of the roads between Bangalore and Hyderabad.

Any pointers from anyone who made trip recently????
Old 13th October 2010, 15:08   #35
BHPian

Another thread on the same topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Bumping this thread for an update on the current conditions of the roads between Bangalore and Hyderabad.

There is another thread on the same topic which is more active and upto date on the conditions. Here is the URL:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...onditions.html

Mods: Suggest closing this thread.

Cheers,
Old 14th October 2010, 18:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

The road is in excellent condition (NH7 - Hyd - Kurnool - Bangalore). I have done this route 3 weeks ago. You will find a km bad stretch near Kurnool. Apart from that, one can constantly maintain an average speed of 90 kmph. (You can imagine the top speeds you can attain on this road).
But be ready to pay a lot of tolls in between.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 14th October 2010 at 18:05.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:56   #37
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hyderabad Road Condition

Did Hyderabad - Bangalore over the weekend 29-30 Jan 11. The highway is complete and is a Runway. Your speed is your limiting factor.

Reliance Pump and Dhaba on outskirts of Kurnool are the best pit stops both ways for a One Stop journey. Did not feel the need to stop more than once. Was traveling with Wife and Sister.

I maintained regular speeds of 100-110kmph. Crossed Hyderabad Airport at 4:45am and was at Kurnool by 7:00am. 30 mins break for Fuel and Chai and off to Bangalore. Crossed BIA at around 11:00am.

MaSh
Old 21st March 2011, 08:35   #38
BHPian

Excellent to know that the road is complete now. Have tolls also started after Kurnool? If so, could you let us know how much you paid one way? Also, if any one have done recently, please update us with latest conditions. I am planning to go to Munnar via Bangalore sometime in couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 21st March 2011, 09:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnraghu78 View Post
Excellent to know that the road is complete now. Have tolls also started after Kurnool? If so, could you let us know how much you paid one way? Also, if any one have done recently, please update us with latest conditions. I am planning to go to Munnar via Bangalore sometime in couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Hi Raghu,

Check this link, it has all the latest updates

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...itions-28.html

Cheers
Raghu
Old 7th July 2011, 12:43   #40
BHPian

Can someone update me on the present road conditions between Devanahalli and Hyderabad. I get conflicting timings some say the Volvo buses take 10 hours, some say by car at 100 Kmph you can do this in 6 hours .
Never ever done this route by car, so some inputs and pointers will come in handy. What is the best time to leave Devanahalli and also return what is the best time to leave hyderabad.
Cheers...
Old 7th July 2011, 12:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Can someone update me on the present road conditions between Devanahalli and Hyderabad. I get conflicting timings some say the Volvo buses take 10 hours, some say by car at 100 Kmph you can do this in 6 hours .
Never ever done this route by car, so some inputs and pointers will come in handy. What is the best time to leave Devanahalli and also return what is the best time to leave hyderabad.
Cheers...
The road is completely 4 lane with toll being collected for all the section (Devanahalli-Shamshabad airport).
No deviations unless for some minor repairs.
I consistently cover 600 kms from HAL to Mehdipatnam (through PVN expway) in 8 hrs.
If you are staying towards E-City or Marathahalli, it would be better to avoid Hebbal-Devanahalli road, and directly go to Devanahalli through Whitefield.
I normally leave before 7 AM to avoid traffic, either way.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 12:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
The road is completely 4 lane with toll being collected for all the section (Devanahalli-Shamshabad airport).
No deviations unless for some minor repairs.
I consistently cover 600 kms from HAL to Mehdipatnam (through PVN expway) in 8 hrs.
If you are staying towards E-City or Marathahalli, it would be better to avoid Hebbal-Devanahalli road, and directly go to Devanahalli through Whitefield.
I normally leave before 7 AM to avoid traffic, either way.
Thanks for the info. I will be leaving from BIA and heading to a hotel near the Lumbini garden. I guess 7 am is the perfect time to get out. Now the other important ?'s.
What is all this NOC stuff for outstation vehicles to ply in Hyd roads. Is this true? What is the best way to get out of these situations without bribe .
Are there any speed demons or automated radars on this route?
These will come in handy when I am on the hitting hard on the pedals.
Cheers...
Old 7th July 2011, 14:02   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will be leaving from BIA and heading to a hotel near the Lumbini garden. I guess 7 am is the perfect time to get out. Now the other important ?'s.
What is all this NOC stuff for outstation vehicles to ply in Hyd roads. Is this true? What is the best way to get out of these situations without bribe .
Are there any speed demons or automated radars on this route?
These will come in handy when I am on the hitting hard on the pedals.
Cheers...
That is close to Hebbal I guess. In that case, 6 would be better than 7. Upto airport you need to be careful with speed limit. There may be cops with radars enforcing speed limit of 80. After airport no such stuff.
There is no restriction for out of state vehicles to ply. Normally no one stops. It would be good to store your toll receipts, as officially if you have shifted to a new city, you need to get new plates within 6 months. So the toll receipts may be handy just in case. But I never encountered that situation.
Old 7th July 2011, 14:36   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is all this NOC stuff for outstation vehicles to ply in Hyd roads. Is this true? What is the best way to get out of these situations without bribe
I presume your here only for a short visit. Just keep the toll tickets as evidence and that should suffice.

Btw, HTP is quite lenient compared to other city traffic police. So you can relax.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 14:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I presume your here only for a short visit. Just keep the toll tickets as evidence and that should suffice.

Btw, HTP is quite lenient compared to other city traffic police. So you can relax.
That is true. they don't bother about anything, but as Mr.Murphy would smile at it, I was stopped last time while leaving Hyd below the airport-ORR flyover and asked for pollution certificate. It was expired a week before and paid 300 rs.
In another visit, I was stopped at Chaderghat bridge to check for seat belts . But as a personal habit I always wear seat belt, so it was their turn to be surprised.
Always non local vehicles are easy targets for checks(read official extortion) which they may not do for local vehicles. So keep your toll receipts and all required(mandatory) documents, which is more than enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks