Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 01:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats what I also felt. In my case, I can easily get on to NH7 beyond silk board as I stay in that area. Since I start early for most my drives, I dont take any deviations. Within 10 minutes from home, I am on the highway running at-speed !

And also for any road barring NH7 towards Hyderabad, I can take the Hosur road for all practical purpose and hop on to the NICE road. May the target be Kanakpura, Magadi, Mysore or Tumkur road ! Works very well for me.
Well I have not tried this road, but while comming from Krishnagiri side, I have seen the Bagalur--> crossing from NH 7 itself, didn't see any flyover going over the road. Tomorrow I am going to hosur, will check the road carfully.

Kumar- If I knew your timinging I would have met you in Attibele, my house is 5 km from that junction
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

I have traveled this route a couple of times.
From Devanahalli town take left towards Hoskote.After travelleing for about 4-5kms you get a T junction with amber light signal take right here and it goes adjacent to the Banglore airport to Budigere.
After crossing Budigere you will reach the Banglore - Hoskote road you have to take left and travelling for 1-2 kms you get a flyover take a U turn beneath it and before the flyover ends you have a left turn to Whitefield but but there are no sign boards but once you enter the road the signbord comes as towards white field.
After this cross Saibaba temple and the railway gate this area is called Kadugodi.
Then travel straight upto Forum Value mall,Whitefield.
After this take a left towards Varthur you will cross the Varthur lake.
This road will touch Sarjapur road take a left and proceed towards Sarjapur.
Once you touch the Sarjapur town there is a T junction and you have to take a right turn to Attibele.I think this is the same as hvk sir has described.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Kumar- If I knew your timinging I would have met you in Attibele, my house is 5 km from that junction
At 12 noon when all of you would be in office at work? Thanks anyway, let us catch up on the next occasion.

Gajdonga, you could not have put it better.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
.After travelleing for about 4-5kms you get a T junction with amber light signal take right here and it goes adjacent to the Banglore airport to Budigere.
After crossing Budigere you will reach the Banglore - Hoskote road you have to take left and travelling for 1-2 kms you get a flyover take a U turn beneath it and before the flyover ends you have a left turn to Whitefield but but there are no sign boards but once you enter the road the signbord comes as towards white field.
described.
The amber light (presently not working) is visible only if you are coming towards Devanahalli and you may not be able to sight it while coming from Devanahalli.

After reaching NH 4 (Old Madras "BLR-Hoskote" Rd) , the turn off towards whitefield is exactly 1.5 Km but you cannot turn there, as there is flyover construction at that location. Either turn onto the service road before the flyover work starts or travel ahead make a U turn and come back.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:11   #50
BHPian

Update : Whitefield level crossing is closed for the last few days due bridge construction work , vehicles need to divert to the east via FCI godown road.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:58   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Update : Whitefield level crossing is closed for the last few days due bridge construction work , vehicles need to divert to the east via FCI godown road.
I hope, when its opened, the bridge is opened as well !
Old 10th April 2010, 12:53   #52
Team-BHP Support

There has been quite a marked improvement in NH207. Today I saw even the Sarjaur - Baglur stretch being patched up. Its in a pretty decent state now.

The only issue is that the Sarjapur by-pass is nothing short of a 4WD experience. (I mean the Sarjapur road to NH207)

Its pathetic.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:12   #53
BHPian

Just back from trying this road to BIAL as a Sunday morning experiment . I live in CV Raman Nagar area, so hit the Old Madras Road at Big Bazaar and turned right towards KR Puram. Over the flyover, little bit of congestion at KR Puram itself, thereafter a reasonable run to Hoskote (construction for road widening going on). Left at the very well marked road for BIAL / Devanahalli, and a fantastic drive thereafter all the way to Devanahalli. Left again onto NH7, and good to go. Total distance from Big Bazaar on OMR to the exit Ramp for BIAL on NH7 was 47.2 km. The road was in good condition, very well signposted, and with minimal Sunday morning traffic. Returned by the classic Yelahanka > Hebbal > ORR > NGEF > Big Bazar was 41.3 km. Well worth the extra 6k in my opinion. Will upload the GPS track shortly once I can get my Garmin 60 to download .
One query here - short of BIAL, where the y fork takes you around the airport perimeter, wouldnt it have been much simpler for all concerned to directly connect the road with the airport terminal and parking (shown as A) in the attached Google Earth screenshot. Instead, we have to trudge all the way round (B), thus wasting much time and fuel. Any gyaan?
Attached Thumbnails
NH207: Road Status and Route Details-bial-direct.jpg  

Old 6th June 2010, 21:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
Returned by the classic Yelahanka > Hebbal > ORR > NGEF > Big Bazar was 41.3 km. Well worth the extra 6k in my opinion. Will upload the GPS track shortly once I can get my Garmin 60 to download .
One query here - short of BIAL, where the y fork takes you around the airport perimeter, wouldnt it have been much simpler for all concerned to directly connect the road with the airport terminal and parking (shown as A) in the attached Google Earth screenshot. Instead, we have to trudge all the way round (B), thus wasting much time and fuel. Any gyaan?
The route A does not directly connect to the Airport, but goes through some narrow village roads, has some very rough streches ,has quite a few confusing turns and ultimately ends up on NH7 just short of the trumpet flyover. Route B is in excellent condition and much faster, though a little longer.

Secondly for people proceeding to the airport form East /South Bangalore the following road is now reccomended. The route has been recently widened and is quite fast. ORR > turn right onto Hennur Road (widening work in progress ,slow but not bad) proceed 8 Km till "Kannur" > turn left proceed 2.5 Km > Turn right onto Thanisandra road via Reva eng college > Turn left at T jumction onto Bagalur road > Turn right on NH7 > follow normal route to the airport. Route is clearly marked by signages and easy to follow.

After Kannur village the road is a double road and in excellent condition. It should take about 45 min from KR puram to the Airport.

However this route is not as enjoyable as the route via Bagalur.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:05   #55
Team-BHP Support

The thread reminds of the earlier post. Is the Varthur road open now at the Whitefield railway station?

Once I did the BIAL road, but diverted in between to hit Bagalur and come on to NH7 some 2 Km ahead of Yelahanka Kogilu signal.

Needless to say the BIAL road was very good!
Old 7th June 2010, 01:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:
The route A does not directly connect to the Airport, but goes through some narrow village roads, has some very rough streches ,has quite a few confusing turns and ultimately ends up on NH7 just short of the trumpet flyover. Route B is in excellent condition and much faster, though a little longer.
@ Adnaps. Thanks, I got that. I was just wondering why route A was not developed / connected to the airport by BIAL themselves or the Govt, when it was the obvious shortcut. As pointed out on this thread, the old SH used to go right through what is the runway now. Why didnt they just utilise that road for an eastern access?
Old 7th June 2010, 08:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
@ Adnaps. Thanks, I got that. I was just wondering why route A was not developed / connected to the airport by BIAL themselves or the Govt, when it was the obvious shortcut. As pointed out on this thread, the old SH used to go right through what is the runway now. Why didnt they just utilise that road for an eastern access?
Well that was due to the reason that the second runway is planned to the south of the present terminal near the southern permiter wall , the connecting taxways to the east and that leaves only the west as an access route and that is exactly where the present access road is located.
Old 7th June 2010, 08:36   #58
BHPian

[quote=ampere;1923995]The thread reminds of the earlier post. Is the Varthur road open now at the Whitefield railway station?

quote]

Not yet . Expected to open somewhere in July /Aug. Currently the devaition by the FCI godown road is terrible due to narrow roads and usual chaos at level crossings. If one is planning to take this route to the airport, set aside 30-45 min for the deviation as a worst case scenario.
Old 7th June 2010, 08:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Well that was due to the reason that the second runway is planned to the south of the present terminal near the southern permiter wall , the connecting taxways to the east and that leaves only the west as an access route and that is exactly where the present access road is located.

Ahh - realisation dawns . I just hope these guys have the forethought to create an underground access tunnel for outside road traffic under the southern runway when the work commences. In my opinion, the savings would be worth the effort, and this is the time to do it. It would also assist the HSRL in decongestion of the Western approach / NH7.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:43   #60
BHPian

[quote=adnaps;1924171]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The thread reminds of the earlier post. Is the Varthur road open now at the Whitefield railway station?

quote]

Not yet . Expected to open somewhere in July /Aug. Currently the devaition by the FCI godown road is terrible due to narrow roads and usual chaos at level crossings. If one is planning to take this route to the airport, set aside 30-45 min for the deviation as a worst case scenario.

The bridge over the railway line near whitefield Rly station is now complete and open .

Most Viewed