Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 10:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update adnaps next time I bypass Banglore will just zoom past the in the fly over.
That was the only bottleneck from Devanahalli to Sarjapur.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:41   #62
BHPian

Hi,

Guys one question :

I stay near the ORR in BSK 3rd Stage and am thinking of driving to Tirupathi sometime end of this month / early next month.

Is there any alternative route from Banashankari ORR to Hoskote ? I would like to avoid the mess of city traffic and also KR Puram.

I was informed that a route exists from Silk Board junction-Sarjapur Road-Varthur-Hoskote. Please throw some light on the above route / condition of the road and also whether will it be safe to travel in these roads in night.

Also would like to know if the distance of the above route and will it be more feasible for me to travel by the regular KR Puram route ?

Suggestions needed !!
Old 11th August 2010, 14:06   #63
Team-BHP Support

Rajesh, as I mentioned in the other thread, its good to avoid Hoskote altogether. From Sarjapur go via Baglur/Malur and join at Kolar. That way even Hoskote is by-passed.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Rajesh, as I mentioned in the other thread, its good to avoid Hoskote altogether. From Sarjapur go via Baglur/Malur and join at Kolar. That way even Hoskote is by-passed.
Many thanks. but i noted from your & capslow's comments that there are some huge potholes and will it be any better if i go via Madanapalle ? I will be driving a Wagon-R.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks. but i noted from your & capslow's comments that there are some huge potholes and will it be any better if i go via Madanapalle ? I will be driving a Wagon-R.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:35   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Its bad I agree, its only for a few 100 meters. I have seen Altos do it. It should not be a problem.
Old 14th November 2010, 13:40   #67
Team-BHP Support

@Luke Skywalker, All,

Do you have any idea how is the road from Doddaballpur to Nelamangala?

State Highway 74 to SH 74 - Google Maps
Old 17th November 2010, 22:58   #68
BHPian

Vast stretches of NH 207 potholes have now been patched and the stretch between Dobaspet and Hoskote is completely good now. But after Hoskote, it's still work in progress : portions are being relaid and I don't see it progressing at all.

So for someone doing doign Tumkur-> Sarjapur/Attibele : this is still a good option : Dobaspet = Doddaballapur = Devanahalli - Sulibele - Hoskote - NH4 - Katamnallur Gate - Kadugodi = Varthur = Sarjapura/Sarjapura - circle - Attibele.

Hoskote - Attibele should be not more than 50 mins = 1 hour ( except if you're unlucky with the Hopefarm signal )

And please can someone change the title of this thread ? I love this NH despite whatever state it has been in the past

Last edited by airguitar : 17th November 2010 at 23:00.
Old 17th November 2010, 23:09   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Vast stretches of NH 207 potholes have now been patched and the stretch between Dobaspet and Hoskote is completely good now.
Does it mean that this is now a viable option (as opposed to the ORR/NH7) for someone driving to the Airport from Whitefield?
Old 17th November 2010, 23:15   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Does it mean that this is now a viable option (as opposed to the ORR/NH7) for someone driving to the Airport from Whitefield?
I thought the BIAL road which hits NH207 at near Devanahalli is best option. That road is much better even after NH207 patching.

Though I have not driven, I think that is how it is.

But yes NH207 from Chikka Tirupathi to Bagalur is beautiful. Very well tarred and very few Potholes.

@AG any latest updates on that?
Old 18th November 2010, 14:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought the BIAL road which hits NH207 at near Devanahalli is best option. That road is much better even after NH207 patching.
Ampere - Is this what you are recommending?
Attached Thumbnails
NH207: Road Status and Route Details-map.jpg  

Old 18th November 2010, 14:55   #72
Team-BHP Support

@Cool,

That is right. But it does not directly go to the airport. But at some point it goes around and joins NH207 very close to Devanahalli village. You need to via Devanahalli to hit the airport (via NH7).
Old 18th November 2010, 15:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is right. But it does not directly go to the airport. But at some point it goes around and joins NH207 very close to Devanahalli village. You need to via Devanahalli to hit the airport (via NH7).
I guess this is what you mean? If yes, this route is 10 kms longer (for me) than the regular (ORR/NH7) route. Is it worth it?
Attached Thumbnails
NH207: Road Status and Route Details-map1.jpg  

Old 18th November 2010, 15:29   #74
Team-BHP Support

It is definitely longer but during day times, when the traffic is at its peak on ORR/NH7, cabs prefer this route, as there is hardly any traffic on this route.

Esp. for folks who stay in Whitefield/Varthur can take this road and reach in an hour flat (And in fact many do)!
But yes not advisable in the dark.
Old 18th November 2010, 19:14   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I guess this is what you mean? If yes, this route is 10 kms longer (for me) than the regular (ORR/NH7) route. Is it worth it?
Yes this route is the best option any time to go to airport from whitefield, I have taken this road many times and no issues. From Whitefield its 52 km, but you can do it in 40 min.

Note to Mods : if Possible please change the thread name to "NH 207 Road condition".
Attached Thumbnails
NH207: Road Status and Route Details-road-bial.jpg  

Last edited by asdon : 18th November 2010 at 19:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks