Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 14:40   #121
BHPian

Re: NH207: Road Status and Route Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I see a route from Nelamangala to Doddaballapur...
Has any one done this route? This seems to a good alternative to by-pass the city, Its also closer to NICE. Thus it may provide a good by-pass from NH7 to NICE.
I did this road bothways on 10.05.2012 & 14.05.2012 during my HYD-Mysore-Ooty trip.

Thanks to the ampere's detailed reply to my PM, i was able to do this stretch and bypass BLR city very comfortably. Traffic on this route is almost neglegible.

Road conditions between Devanahalli - Doddaballpur are very good except for the traffic bottle neck near railway crossing. Roads within the Doddballapur town limits are in bad shape. While going towards Neelamangala, I took the road running parallel to the railway tracks, which after a short distance, crosses the tracks thorugh an underbridge. Lot of pot holes, craters and rough patches on this stretch.

On my return journey i crossed the town via railway gate and this was comparatively better than the earlier option.

Doddaballapur - Neelamangala road surface is generally OK. Lookout for sharp twists along the bund of a tank. In the vicinity of Nelamangala, be watchful for rough surface and few craters. Due to ongoing Roadwork, theres is a diverision on the approach road to Nelamangal town.

In Nelamangala, i took the road which passes between Police station & BSNL for connecting to NH4.

This route is an excellent option from NH-7 to NICE Road, bypassing BLR city.

cheers
NH
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 15:41   #122
BHPian

Were doing an corporate outing next week at a resort near Dodballapur and we need to know the road condition of NH 207 via Hoskote->Devanahahalli->Dodballapur to plan travel arrangements.

This is the route we plan to take. Please share any updates on the road conditions via this route:

NH207: Road Status and Route Details-route-map-nh-207.jpg
Old 15th November 2013, 15:52   #123
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Were doing an corporate outing next week at a resort near Dodballapur and we need to know the road condition of NH 207 via Hoskote->Devanahahalli->Dodballapur to plan travel arrangements.

This is the route we plan to take. Please share any updates on the road conditions via this route:
Road is in good condition on this route - more recent updates on this thread - here
EDIT:Not sure about Dodballapur-Devanahalli section but I don't expect that to be bad.

Last edited by NPV : 15th November 2013 at 15:57.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 10:05   #124
Team-BHP Support

Nh207 now end-to-end is is beautiful to drive. In fact its so nice that,you won't even feel that you are driving around Bangalore with so much concrete around!
Here is an example.

Taken some where between Sarjapur and Chikka Tirupathi

NH207: Road Status and Route Details-dsc_0303a3.jpg
PS : Colours get messed up. Cant help it.
Old 21st April 2014, 18:24   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Nh207 now end-to-end is is beautiful to drive. In fact its so nice that,you won't even feel that you are driving around Bangalore with so much concrete around!
I am joining this thread here for some info on using NH 207 to exit Bangalore on the southern end.

I was planning to start from Yelahanka, use the ORR at Hebbal upto KR Puram and then to silk board, electronic city and so on.
Instead, I could take the Sarjapur road exit on ORR, pass Sarjapur and join the NH 207, all the way to Hosur. As long as the road conditions are good, a little extra distance is of no consequence. Time-wise it may even be faster.

Your comments please.

Thanks & regards,

Mohan.
Old 21st April 2014, 19:00   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAN_99 View Post
Your comments please.
Instead take the road along ITPL is not that crowded, its better to take that route and continue on 207.
This helps you avoid going through Sarjapur town, which can be a pain.

Route Link

Yes its a longer distance by about 10km. If ITPL road is bad, stick to regular ORR/Sarjapur road. Just note that the the road to go past sarjapur town is a mud road.

Route Link

Its basically the stretch between points D-E-F which is the mud road.

Last edited by ampere : 21st April 2014 at 19:06.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 01:49   #127
BHPian

Quote:

Yes its a longer distance by about 10km. If ITPL road is bad, stick to regular ORR/Sarjapur road. Just note that the the road to go past sarjapur town is a mud road.

Its basically the stretch between points D-E-F which is the mud road.

Thanks for the info and the route link.

I have been, a few times, on the ITPL road from KR Puram station through Hoodi circle up to the Hope Farm circle a few months ago. The road as well as the traffic condition seemed to be ok then.

Mohan.
Old 16th November 2015, 17:36   #128
Team-BHP Support

NH207 4-lane work halted over land acquisition problems.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...rk-laying.html

It was such a nice bypass option. And now it will remain in a suspended state over an indefinite period.

Last edited by ampere : 16th November 2015 at 17:37.
Old 8th April 2016, 18:09   #129
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried the Devanahalli-Hoskote stretch of NH 207 today. It's in good condition and devoid of traffic. Where this road merges with NH 4/old madras road at Hoskote, the break in the median on NH 4 is closed, so one can't make a right turn to get back towards Bangalore. Instead drive 1-2 km to the left on the main carriageway and take the immediate flyover (even service road is blocked to allow only 2 wheelers) and then make a U Turn as there is a break in the median near the Malur & Chintamani turn off.
Btw where is the exit to the other side of 207 towards sarjapur and hosur ?
Old 8th April 2016, 18:22   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Btw where is the exit to the other side of 207 towards sarjapur and hosur ?
Its right below the first flyover that you mentioned about. Thats where you go through for Sarjapur.
Old 8th April 2016, 18:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

The road from Hoskote to Chikkatirupathi is under repair at 2 to 3 place where resurfacing was being done. I had traveled 2 weeks back
Old 8th April 2016, 23:28   #132
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its right below the first flyover that you mentioned about. Thats where you go through for Sarjapur.
Oh! But the only signage I saw was for NH 207 towards Dabaspete which would be the same one I took to reach there. Did not see one for Sarjapur side.
Old 9th April 2016, 00:16   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh! But the only signage I saw was for NH 207 towards Dabaspete which would be the same one I took to reach there. Did not see one for Sarjapur side.
Within Hoskote, I think you may not find a board for Sarjapur. Since 207 curves a lot, its difficult to keep pace. Especially between Hoskote and Sarjapur.

But having said that it makes for a beautiful morning drive amidst the golden sun. Somewhere before Chikka Tirupathi when coming from Sarjapur.

NH207: Road Status and Route Details-img_2126_lr.jpg
Old 22nd August 2016, 11:09   #134
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On the way back from Sathyamangalam, took the NH 207 after a very long time to avoid Bangalore traffic. Krishnagiri toll showed signs of the craziness that lay ahead with the Bangalore bound traffic not respecting lane discipline and haphazardly cutting into the toll plaza lanes, honking and some even fighting, this at 4pm, so we could imagine how it would be at Attiebele and beyond, so took the decision to go via Nh 207.

Got onto the Bagalur Road(NH 207) from Hosur and exited at Hoskote, taking about 1 hr 15 minutes for entire journey. The road is in good condition except for small stretches near some villages where it is rough and narrow.
Without a GPS/google maps/asking people around, it will not be intuitive to take this route. At some places you will wonder where is the NH ? then you turn into what seems like a narrow dusty village road and lo and behold you're back on NH 207 which then widens out after that stretch!

Google maps navigates you through a narrow village road (it is marked MDR/Major District Road though!) through residential streets and farms to bypass about 5 Km or so of the NH 207 which would otherwise go via the Chikka Tirupathi temple.

*NH 207 is now NH 648 with the new numbering.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd August 2016 at 11:13.
Old 22nd August 2016, 11:48   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On the way back from Sathyamangalam, took the NH 207 after a very long time to avoid Bangalore traffic. Krishnagiri toll showed signs of the craziness that lay ahead with the Bangalore bound traffic not respecting lane discipline and haphazardly cutting into the toll plaza lanes, honking and some even fighting, this at 4pm, so we could imagine how it would be at Attiebele and beyond, so took the decision to go via Nh 207.
During return, if you note, the queues reduce as you come closer to Bangalore. And while you get out, its highest at the first point of exit (exactly opposite to return)

Most Viewed