Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 19:21   #16
BHPian

We are planning to go Wayanad from Mysore around 20th of this month. How is the weather over there now?

There is one doubt I have: since it is not in karnataka, will we have any problems in taking a KA registered car to that place? State tax and stuff like that?
Old 25th August 2008, 11:19   #17
BHPian

Wayanad should be good this part of the year.I had gone to kerala last week through Wayanad and roads are excellent.regarding taking ur KA vehicle to Kerala, you don't have to worry for anything as you are not going to stay in kerala for long.Even if that is the case, kerala cops are not at all looking to harass out-station vehicles like the way their Karnataka counterparts do
Old 25th August 2008, 11:48   #18
BHPian

wayanad trip on aug 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Wayanad should be good this part of the year.I had gone to kerala last week through Wayanad and roads are excellent.regarding taking ur KA vehicle to Kerala, you don't have to worry for anything as you are not going to stay in kerala for long.Even if that is the case, kerala cops are not at all looking to harass out-station vehicles like the way their Karnataka counterparts do
I was there during aug 15th and pased through wayanad and stayed at Kappad and quilandy backwaters houseboat
It was raining intermittently but roads were excellent. I usually drive from bangalore to mudumalai, then from gudalur to calicut with a overnite stay at my guest house.

No problem with cops in Kerala where as in TN border, the cops are always on the lookout for the bottle and fines. They have a addiction for KL registered vehicles.
Best regards
Old 25th August 2008, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
There is one doubt I have: since it is not in karnataka, will we have any problems in taking a KA registered car to that place? State tax and stuff like that?
Why would you ever have any problem ?? Its your private care ( i assume ) and you can drive it anywhere....As far as carrying liquor is concerned i guess every citizen above 18yrs can carry two bottles of liquor with him or her ..Kerala excise may be a little bit interested in liquor bottles like any other mallu including me
Old 28th August 2008, 21:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Even if that is the case, kerala cops are not at all looking to harass out-station vehicles like the way their Karnataka counterparts do
KA cops are the worst of the lot - had to bribe them just because there were three girls in the car. They said an officer murdered two girls over there recently (near the KA checkpost) and hence asked us to accompany them to the police station for identication or something. We were in no position to argue with those nincompoops, hence had to resort to bribe.

Kerala cops were very friendly on the other hand.
Old 4th February 2009, 23:28   #21
BHPian

hello Saurabh,

I am from Wynad . Please feel free to call me on 9620266252 . I can help you with this .
Old 5th February 2009, 13:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
hello Saurabh,

I am from Wynad . Please feel free to call me on 9620266252 . I can help you with this .
Its been ages since he bribed the cops last at the KA border. When you say I can help you with this , did you mean to say help by paying the bribes for him ? .
Old 5th February 2009, 16:26   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post
Hi Tsk,
Thanks a lot for the information. I am planning a small vacation around that time and thought wayanard will be good option.

Do you know any other place to visit around bangalore.

saurabh
I had been to wayenad couple of weeks back. Roads were newly laid. But I did not like the place much, too dry and its not very high from sea level.

I would suggest go to chickmagalur, its much better.
Old 10th February 2009, 06:46   #24
BHPian

All,
Can anybody let me know is there any overnight accomodation facility available at Thirunelli Temple. Not looking for any resort kind of thing, any small facility is also okey
Old 11th February 2009, 20:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasé View Post
I had been to wayenad couple of weeks back. Roads were newly laid. But I did not like the place much, too dry and its not very high from sea level.

Now(during this season) wherever you go you'll find it dry only, even Chicmagalur/Kemmangundi along with Wayanad. But go to these places after the Monsoon and see the magic then.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasé View Post

Hold on , chimagalur wouldnt be any different from Wayanad around this time. Like kaushik mentioned, wait till the monsoons are over and then visit the place.
Old 16th February 2009, 22:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
All,
Can anybody let me know is there any overnight accomodation facility available at Thirunelli Temple. Not looking for any resort kind of thing, any small facility is also okey
1. Cheapes accomodation will be the Temple Rest House
2. Forest IB, Great Location (You need to call the DFO at Manathavady to Book).

Resorts
1. Kalindhi ( Ihave stayed here, decent place, located a bit away from the temple)
2. Tirunelli AGraharam, seems to be centrally located.

Regards
Hari
Old 16th February 2009, 22:53   #28
BHPian

Thanks a lot Hari,

Quote:
Originally Posted by haripg View Post
1. Cheapes accomodation will be the Temple Rest House
2. Forest IB, Great Location (You need to call the DFO at Manathavady to Book).

Resorts
1. Kalindhi ( Ihave stayed here, decent place, located a bit away from the temple)
2. Tirunelli AGraharam, seems to be centrally located.

Regards
Hari
Do you have any idea on the distance from temple to Forest IB, and the Agraharam? Is is walkable ?

Best Regards
Rajesh
Old 11th January 2011, 19:17   #29
BHPian

Re: Wayanad Information

We are planning to visit Wayanad on the 14, 15, 16th Feb. If anyone else is planning, do post us so we can meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks