Team-BHP - Matheran – Good Hotel any idea ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Matheran – Good Hotel any idea ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/35704-matheran-good-hotel-any-idea.html)

Guys,

Planning to go to Matheran on 9th May with Wiefy, So wanted to do advance Hotel booking (considering it will be May it will have heavy bookings ), can you help me to locate good hotel in matheran and also what will be the rates per day for couple ?

Regards,
Jitendra

Bump, not a single reply ???

Nivalink.com has a list of hotels with tariffs, facilities and pics. In Matheran the best place to stay would be Verandah in the Forest, but getting a room on weekends is tough – one would need to book well in advance. It's slightly expensive, but the experience is worth it.

So how did the trip go, nicejits?

Hey,

Sorry for not attending this thread for long time, Matheran Trip was great, we have been to Hotel Re-Rangoli Treat in matheran (Matheran hills one of the most beautiful and well maintained hill stations in India. ) , this Hotek is exactly opposite to Statin, Hardly 15 Stpes from station, Its pure veg Hotel, Hotel is good, Staff is great, very reasonable, I paid 6.5 k fro 2 days for a couple

I will definitely refer this hotel for Family

Thx,
Jitendra

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicejits (Post 932163)
Hey,

Sorry for not attending this thread for long time, Matheran Trip was great, we have been to Hotel Re-Rangoli Treat in matheran (Matheran hills one of the most beautiful and well maintained hill stations in India. ) , this Hotek is exactly opposite to Statin, Hardly 15 Stpes from station, Its pure veg Hotel, Hotel is good, Staff is great, very reasonable, I paid 6.5 k fro 2 days for a couple

I will definitely refer this hotel for Family

Thx,
Jitendra

Jitendra, did you go in this month-August08, as I assume is must be raining cats and dogs right now?

I went in May ( 8th May )

Hi Guys,

Need some help. I am planning to travel to Matheran with my hostel friends next weekend (July 14-15). I have a few queries regarding this travel plan:

1. Does it make sense to travel to Matheran for just a weekend? I mean is a weekend sufficient to enjoy Matheran? I do not want to cover each and every place there but I just want to have some good time.

2. How to reach there? Random googling suggested to take a train to Neral. Is this the same as Nerul or different? Is Neral on Harbour line or Central line? From there one can take a toy train but it is not functional during monsoons. How to reach from Neral to Matheran? Share taxis? What are the costs one should expect? How much time does it take to reach Neral via local train? And then how much time further to reach Matheran?

3. Things to do in Matheran – I have heard that there is an activity of Valley Crossing over there which is quite adventurous – Where exactly is this and how much does it cost? Apart from that one can go to many sunset points and enjoy the scenic views. What all one should do at Matheran? Which points are a must visit as there are many points and it is not possible to visit all in 1/1.5 days.

4. Any contacts of hotels there? We do not need any 5-star hotel but just rooms with decent toilets and beds. If anyone has had a good experience with a hotel, kindly share here.

Any other tips/advice/suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saanil (Post 2827245)
Hi Guys,

Need some help. I am planning to travel to Matheran

1. Yes, a Weekend is sufficient. Leave in the morning, reach by afternoon, visit some places till evening and settlle down for the night. Leave next day afternoon and reach Mumbai by evening

2. Karjat Local Train to Neral. Toy train to Matheran OR Train to Neral - Sumo till Matheran Dasturi Car park and trek / Horse from there. OR Taxi from Mumbai till Matheran Dasturi Car park and horse/trek from there. From Thane as a base, it will take you 3-4 hours at the MAX. Nerul. Nerul is in New Bombay and on harbour line. Neral is in Central line and you need to go to Neral to go to Matheran. Walk from Kasturi Naka takes 40 mins to an hour to Matheran Town.

3. The sunset point and the lake are worth visiting. It will not be too hectic also.

Tips: