Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 16:10   #1

Tirupathi-Golden Temple(south)-kanchi-chennai...which is the best route?

Hi!
I'm new to team-bhp. We are planning to visit tirupathi next month and also wanted to visit the golden temple somewhere near vellore. Can anyone suggest the route?. From there planning to go to Chennai via kanchipuram...Do we have to deviate from the way to go to kanchi?..and from there to chennai.
Old 21st February 2008, 13:58   #2
BHPian

I guess you would know the route to Tirupathi from Hyderabad. In case if you don't know, I am sorry, I myself don't know the route. So I start from Tirupathi.

Golden Temple: Tirupathi - Chitoor - Katpadi - Vellore - Sripuram. Once you reach Vellore ask for Golden Temple, also watch out for sign boards put up by the Temple administration all along the route. This place is heavily crowded these days, so reach the temple before 9am. Also it is better to get special archana tickets(Rs.250 per person), you would be allowed inside the main temple only if you have this ticket.

Kancheepuram: Reach Vellore and then take the Golden Quadrilateral road to Chennai. After travelling for about 70 kms from Vellore, watch out for the deviation to Kancheepuram. You have to travel for about 10 kms more after taking the deviation to reach Kanchi town.

Chennai: Take the Ponneri-Karai road out of Kanchi and join the Chennai GQ road

If you want to skip Golden temple and directly reach Kanchi from Tirupathi, take the Tirupathi - Tiruthani- Arakonam route.

Hope this helps.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:21   #3

Thank you!

How much time will it take to reach golden temple from tirupathi?...from there to kanchi?..and from there to chennai?.
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:29   #4
BANNED

From Tirupathi to Vellore is approx 2.5 hours, (last time we travelled that route). The roads ought to be good. You should be able to average 100 KMPH. Tirupathi to Vellore is two line, un-divided highway.
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:53   #5
BHPian

There are quite a few routes From H'bad to Tirupathi.

1. Hyd-VJWD-Guntur-Ongole-Nellore-Gudur- Renigunta-Tpt (From Vijayawada to Gudur it is NH5 and deviates to Tirupathi)
2. Hyderabad- Narketpally-Nalgonda-Pidguralla-Addanki- Ongole-... Tpt (Same as 1 after Addanki you will join NH5 and Ongole os about 30+ KMs from there)
3. Hyderabad- N. Sagar - Macherla - Nakirekal - Addanki...... Tpt (same as 2 once you join another road at Nakirekal).

These are the 3 routes I know very well. There may be others via Cuddapah or others. I hope some one else will add to this.

I know 1 and 2 are pretty decent routes.
Route 1: H'bad to VJWD is a bit narrow and one has to be careful. First 50 KMs and last 100 KMS are definitely good.
Route 2: Narketpally is about 88 KMs or so from H'bad, one has to take a right (southwards) after Narketpally Bus depot to go towards Nalgonda. When I travelled last some stretches between Piduguralla and Addanki were really bad with huge craters in them.
Old 24th February 2008, 20:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
There are quite a few routes From H'bad to Tirupathi.

1. Hyd-VJWD-Guntur-Ongole-Nellore-Gudur- Renigunta-Tpt (From Vijayawada to Gudur it is NH5 and deviates to Tirupathi)
2. Hyderabad- Narketpally-Nalgonda-Pidguralla-Addanki- Ongole-... Tpt (Same as 1 after Addanki you will join NH5 and Ongole os about 30+ KMs from there)
3. Hyderabad- N. Sagar - Macherla - Nakirekal - Addanki...... Tpt (same as 2 once you join another road at Nakirekal).

These are the 3 routes I know very well. There may be others via Cuddapah or others. I hope some one else will add to this.

I know 1 and 2 are pretty decent routes.
Route 1: H'bad to VJWD is a bit narrow and one has to be careful. First 50 KMs and last 100 KMS are definitely good.
Route 2: Narketpally is about 88 KMs or so from H'bad, one has to take a right (southwards) after Narketpally Bus depot to go towards Nalgonda. When I travelled last some stretches between Piduguralla and Addanki were really bad with huge craters in them.
Sorry, looks like you need info for route from Tirupathi onwards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks