Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 23:12   #1
BHPian

Route Enquiry: Hyderabad - Medak

Hi,
We are planning to drive to Medak. So far googling and forum search shows that there are two routes:

NH7 Route: Kukatpalli -> Bowenpalli -> Get on NH7 -> Go all the way till Narsingi -> Ramayampet -> Take a left to Medak

Medak Rd Route:JNTU -> Medak Road -> Medak

Of the above, Medak Rd route looks shorter, but road conditions might be better on NH7.

Has anyone tried these routes? Which is better to take?

We plan to cover Medak church, Medak Fort and Pocharam.

Any inputs/recommendations are welcome.
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:56   #2
PVS
BHPian

Haven't been all the way to Medak, but definetely went till Narsapur on the Medak road (via Dindugal). There's a small stretch of forest just before Narsapur. Traffic is sparse and the road condition is decent. You can take this route while going and can take the Ramayampet NH7 route while coming back. But do watch out for congestion near Pet Basheerabad police station and Suchitra.
Old 5th March 2008, 22:59   #3
BHPian

Hello Guruji,
I would suggest you take the JNTU medak rd route directly into Medak as it is shorter if you are planning an economical and short drive trip.

I am adding another option for you if you are interested in going for a long drive. I had recently gone to Karimnagar (Siddipet Highway) and even though had the map taken ready and was planning to use the siddipet bypass, i still went into Siddipet town and then took a left turn to NH7 and went all the way upto 35 Kms to Medak and i must say even the Siddipet highway is a alternative to NH7 (only if you are considering a long drive of say about 230 ~ 240 Kms instead of a simple 80~90 Kms short drive.
Old 18th August 2008, 12:13   #4
BHPian

Thanks...

Thanks for the replies.. This trip didn't happen yet and we are planning this coming sat. Any other inputs are greatly appreciated.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Thanks for the replies.. This trip didn't happen yet and we are planning this coming sat. Any other inputs are greatly appreciated.
We had been to Medak couple of weeks back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...derabad-4.html

We went via the Dindigul highway. It is a very scenic route and very few trucks to disturb you. Roads are pretty good.
Old 21st November 2008, 12:09   #6
BHPian

POCHARAM Wildlife Sanctuary

Hi Guys/Guruji,

Any one been to POCHARAM Wildlife Sanctuary in the recent past ?
I am planning to go there either tomorrow or day after in my Gypsy may be just for a day.

Any info on the wildlife, stay option, hotels/dhabas on the way would be helpful.

Regards
Pardus

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks