Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 08:01   #1
BHPian

Need Info on NH2 - Dhanbad - Varanasi Sector.

Hi Gents,

Is there anybody could suggest me the NH2 , between
Dhanbad to Varanasi section. What I would like to
know is.

1. Is there any decent family hotel on this stretch ,
specially before Dehri-on-sone bridge , where i can
stop for a night halt ?

2. Is the Bridge over Dehri-on-sone is the same old one
or there is a newly constructed Bridge ?

3. If a start early morning from Calcutta on my scorpio
with a lunch break, can I reach varansai same
evening , keeping in mind traffic density .

Awaiting suggestions.
Old 1st March 2008, 12:55   #2

I did Dhanad-Varanasi stretch last year. At that time new Dehri-on-sone bridge was under construction & we had to use the old one. I seriously doubt that the new one would be operational as of now.

Though Kolkata-Varanasi in a day is quite doable but many places you will come across heavy traffic & diversions.

As you know the strech between Dhanbad to Dehri-On-sone is naxlite prone area, so you could avoid night driving. Above that, you may not get decent family hotel just around highway beyond Dhanbad & upto Varanasi.

Best plan would be to leave kolkata around 2:00 PM & reach Dhanbad by 8:00 PM. Stay in Dhanbad as there are many good family hotels in a area called "BankMore".

To reach Bankmore you will have to exit from NH-2 from Govindpur towards Dhanbad town. Around 15km. of drive.

You can leave Dhanbad next day early morning & do the stretch upto Varanasi on same day.

chrs
Old 1st March 2008, 16:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please see this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...uggestion.html
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:27   #4
BHPian

Shillong to Jaipur and back. Need advice for Varanasi

Planning to drive from Shillong to Jaipur to get the mundan of my kid done. Route has been finalized and we set sail from Shillong on the 25th and halt for the night at Guwahati to beat the uncertain traffic scenario on NH40. We will finally get going on the 26th March, 2012 from Guwahati.

I have done the same route till Agra last September when I did the Shillong-Deli-Amritsar-Delhi-Shillong round trip. However, this time, I will be taking the Agra-Jaipur highway.

I am planning to halt for the nights at Siliguri and Varanasi.

Thanks to Sheel, I have managed to get the latest updates regarding the condition of the roads around Purnia which were in a bad state in September.

However, I have one query and hope that someone will be able to guide me through. At Varanasi, I will be staying at the Radisson which is located on the Mall Road. Since my probable arrival time at Varanasi would be around 1800 hours on the 27th March, I would not like to be held up in traffic. As per my GPS device running MapMyIndia maps I should be heading into Varanasi through the Madan Mohan Malviya Bridge and take it from there. However, Google Maps suggests that I should exit NH2 near the BHU and get to the Radisson from there. Now my query is about which route should I be taking to get to Mall Road, Varanasi from NH2? I hope someone who is familiar with Varanasi will be able to guide me through.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks