Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2015, 11:53   #1246
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries

On SH209, there was a closed bridge around Malavalli, which required a detour though mud roads. Is that fixed now?

Planning a drive to Coorg this week.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 10th November 2015, 12:41   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
On SH209, there was a closed bridge around Malavalli, which required a detour though mud roads. Is that fixed now?
I guess you are mentioning about the bridge over river Kaveri which needed a detour. This was past Malavalli and you will have to take a detour before this if you plan to drive to Mysore or Coorg via Bannur. Anyways, this bridge is open since past few months.

Also, there was a culvert under repair. I am not sure if this is what you are mentioning, I am not able to recollect the exact location of the same. However, I guess it was towards Yelandur, not sure of the status of the same.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 15:41   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Guys, heard the Bangalore- Mysore road is again flooded near Maddur today. This is due to overflow from the Shimsha river. Pls use Kanakapura road if you must travel.
Courtesy: what's app forward.
Old 10th November 2015, 15:47   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys, heard the Bangalore- Mysore road is again flooded near Maddur today. This is due to overflow from the Shimsha river. Pls use Kanakapura road if you must travel.
Courtesy: what's app forward.
There is no floods in maddur. The week old flooding is being circulated again and again.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 19:22   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries

Hi, why what are the current conditions of Bangalore to Mysore road. Its raining nicely in Bangalore
Old 16th November 2015, 19:32   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Hi, why what are the current conditions of Bangalore to Mysore
No issues. TBHPian Fusionbang and another friend of mine has travelled yesterday and found no issues apart from traffic.
Also rains in Bangalore has almost stopped since yesterday night. Just keep an eye for puddles, apart from that no issues.
Old 17th November 2015, 11:54   #1252
BHPian

Hi, How are the conditions at Ooty currently. I have a trip planned this weekend, Is it advisable to travel to Ooty from Bangalore by road?
Old 17th November 2015, 12:37   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Hi, How are the conditions at Ooty currently. I have a trip planned this weekend, Is it advisable to travel to Ooty from Bangalore by road?
Had been to Ooty last weekend with family, returned yesterday evening. Onward journey opted 36 hairpin bend ghat route. Road is good, narrow, well marked with optical mirror support near curves. Return journey opted ghat route via Guddalur. Ghat section route is in good condition, scenic, covered with dense fog most of the time (morning around 11.30, watch out for on coming express busses). But Guddalur to Teppakadu (Mudumalai forest limit) road is in very bad shape, with big craters.

Overall a very good 3 days trip. Weather in Ooty was good, occasional drizzle in some places during day time. Fog, continuos rain during night time. Temp was below 12 degree.

Few clicks:

Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries-img_9570_a.jpg

Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries-img_0135_a.jpg

Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries-img_0237_a.jpg
Nempuguru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:11   #1254
BHPian

Hi, Did anyone drive Bangalore to Ooty recently? Due to the heavy rain in TN, wondering if the state of the roads are good enough.

I'm planning to drive this weekend. Planning to take Mysore Road.
Old 26th November 2015, 20:15   #1255
BHPian

Team have a query. We came to Ooty in a yellow board Innova hired from Bangalore. Do we know what is the TAX we need to pay in OOTY. Driver says INR 2250 but the bill is having Approx INR500 I feel it's a scam. Need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Hi, Did anyone drive Bangalore to Ooty recently? Due to the heavy rain in TN, wondering if the state of the roads are good enough.

I'm planning to drive this weekend. Planning to take Mysore Road.
While coming from Bangalore through Mysore the road looks to be the same. Don't see much of undulations apart from the regular 4 lane work happening between Bandipur to Mysore. We took the road with the 36 hair pins. Will go for sightseeing tomorrow and update further.

Note: Quality of service in the KSTDC Mayura Sudarshan have gone down drastically.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2015 at 07:28. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 26th November 2015, 21:50   #1256
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Team have a query. We came to Ooty in a yellow board Innova hired from Bangalore. Do we know what is the TAX we need to pay in OOTY. Driver says INR 2250 but the bill is having Approx INR500 I feel it's a scam. Need help.

Don't. It's 100/- only. Go to a cop station ASAP.

You may refer this official link.

Go to the 9 th schedule towards the end.

http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t2.html

What he is quoting is a permit tax. That is 2300/- some change per annum. It's not your vehicle. So you don't pay that amount.

Actually your rate is not 100/- it's 60/- only for a stay of below 7 days.

Last edited by hangover : 26th November 2015 at 22:14.
hangover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 22:27   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Don't. It's 100/- only. Go to a cop station ASAP.

You may refer this official link.

Go to the 9 th schedule towards the end.

http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t2.html

What he is quoting is a permit tax. That is 2300/- some change per annum. It's not your vehicle. So you don't pay that amount.

Actually your rate is not 100/- it's 60/- only for a stay of below 7 days.
Thank you for your response. I saw a bill of Approx INR 457 for a span of 4 days. I got suspicious when the driver objected in me going in to pay the tax. Anyways since we had a tired family so I had to agree. I have asked for the bill and told the person that I am not going to pay anything which I don't have a bill.
Luckily the transport agency runs my office transport so I think i would be able to track him down easy. I didn't go into any argument because there are 3 more days left and I didn't want to ruin the experience.

EDIT: Just spoke to the Owner and told him the fact and he obliged that the amount will be deducted from the final bill. Lessons Learnt.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 26th November 2015 at 22:39.
Old 30th November 2015, 12:51   #1258
BHPian

What is a good way to avoid Mysore road when travelling from North Bangalore (Hebbal) to Mysore? Maps tells me to go Nelamangala-Kunigal-Bellur cross (left turn)-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna.
https://goo.gl/maps/DoQWmiabB852
Are the roads in good condition between Bellur cross and Srirangapatna?
Old 30th November 2015, 17:25   #1259
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
What is a good way to avoid Mysore road when travelling from North Bangalore (Hebbal) to Mysore? Maps tells me to go Nelamangala-Kunigal-Bellur cross (left turn)-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna.
https://goo.gl/maps/DoQWmiabB852
Are the roads in good condition between Bellur cross and Srirangapatna?
The last I remember reading about this route is that roads are good, may have speed breakers though.
For Hebbal-Tumkur road - if starting early, take the Mekhri circle-Yeshwantpur route instead of the BEL Circle route as chances are you will get stuck near the railway crossing as the flyover is not open (at least it wasn't a couple of months ago when I drove that side).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 18:54   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Mysore Road now features tons and TONS of shallow craters caused by one layer of tar peeling off after the recent rainy spell.

The traffic was terrible but I still would bear with it because of good roads. Now even that is gone. NH209 between Bangalore and Malavalli has lots of new craters.

Horrible times for us folks who regularly do the Bangalore- Mysore commute

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks