Team-BHP - Anybody been to Silvassa?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Anybody been to Silvassa? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/36689-anybody-been-silvassa.html)

I have a day off on 21st of this month and wish to use the long weekend for a trip with wifey dear :).

Was thinking of Silvassa as an option. Does anybody have any information about the place, how to get there etc?

Infinitely preferable to:
a. wait post monsoon. it will be dry to the bone.

like twas:

Entrance of Dadra Nagar Haveli
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ba_Ride_01.jpg
Silvassa bridge
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ba_Ride_02.jpg

Silvassa
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ba_Ride_03.jpg

b. Dangs/Saputara trump it infinitely ANYDAY.
I mean only till silvassa. not been beyond, heard of amazing virgin forests, which I couldn't see much till silvassa tho. I liked the valsad - dharampur chokdi -wilson hill - vansda - ahwa/mahal/saputara-nashik-pune route.

Silvassa is a fast drive on NH8 (North of Bombay). After getting into Gujarat, at Bhilad (around 15 kms before Vapi), turn right (good signages) to reach Silvassa. If you leave Pune early in the morning, you could reach Silvassa in 6-7 hours

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 752665)
After getting into Gujarat, at Bhilad (around 15 kms before Vapi), turn right (good signages) to reach Silvassa. If you leave Pune early in the morning, you could reach Silvassa in 6-7 hours

The Bhilad route will take you through Khanvel which has a very nice lake and is a jungle area. It has a very good jungle lodge too. And driving for another 30 minutes gets you into Silvassa.

Another route could be when you drive up to Vapi and turn right under the main fly over - straight to Silvassa.

ps- if I was going, I would turn left from Vapi right to Daman. :D

Have fun and remember we need a report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 752450)
Infinitely preferable to:
a. wait post monsoon. it will be dry to the bone.

so, not a good option this time of the year! damn, will have to look for another option now -:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 752682)
The Bhilad route will take you through Khanvel which has a very nice lake and is a jungle area. It has a very good jungle lodge too. And driving for another 30 minutes gets you into Silvassa.

Another route could be when you drive up to Vapi and turn right under the main fly over - straight to Silvassa.

There is a 3rd route also, this one totally offbeat. This is via Thane, Bhiwandi, Wada, VIkramgad, Jawhar to Silvassa. Goes through small roads through the jungle and absolutely no traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 752812)
There is a 3rd route also, this one totally offbeat. This is via Thane, Bhiwandi, Wada, VIkramgad, Jawhar to Silvassa. Goes through small roads through the jungle and absolutely no traffic.

I think there is no bypass for Bhiwandi and I would not want to be stuck up in Bhiwandi traffic. The last time when I came through there, was held up for 2.5 hours :Frustrati

Thanks for the route, anyways!

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 752682)
ps- if I was going, I would turn left from Vapi right to Daman. :D

Have fun and remember we need a report.

How I wish I could do that as well :D. but with wifey around, chances are bleak. hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 752837)
I think there is no bypass for Bhiwandi and I would not want to be stuck up in Bhiwandi traffic. The last time when I came through there, was held up for 2.5 hours :Frustrati

Thanks for the route, anyways!

2.5 hours only... you were lucky, dude. I have been stuck there twice, once for 12 hours and once for 7 hours. All due to insensitive drivers who simply choose the opposite lane in case of traffic in their own lanes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdriver2000 (Post 752861)
2.5 hours only... you were lucky, dude. I have been stuck there twice, once for 12 hours and once for 7 hours. All due to insensitive drivers who simply choose the opposite lane in case of traffic in their own lanes!

Oh my gawd! the 2.5 hours were frustrating for me because it was the last day of my 4300 kms trip and I was heading back to Pune. You are right, the bridge just before you enter the Thane city is the main culprit.

I dare not venture that road ever.

Silvassa is a great weekend getaway, especially if nature is your thing. The drive boasts excellent roads (last I checked). Just make sure you plan your trip well....places to visit, hotel etc.

Here are two pictures from one of my trips to Silvassa. Can you rent / borrow a 4x4? Trust me, that place is mega off-roading territory.

Anybody been to Silvassa?-into-river-2.jpg

Anybody been to Silvassa?-into-river.jpg

@GTO, off-roading is not my forte, sadly. Lovely pictures!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 752417)
I have a day off on 21st of this month

Oye! Everyone else also has a day off on 21st on account of good friday. Even I am on the lookout for a weekend getaway. With the summer starting, hill stations are ruled out. Do you think Harnai beach would be a good option?

Dangs is something I'm overly biased towards. Here is an old trip pics set:
hitanshu/0507_Dangs-Daman - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Recently we were at Daman. Well, let me be very honest here. Daman with its beach( dirty beach) and tax heaven for Liquor is our regular place of visit. This time we wanted to explore something more. I was just googling around and came to know about an amazing place named Dudhani.

Dudhni is a small village. (65 Kms from Daman,162 Kms from Mumbai and 25kms from Dadra & Nagar Haveli).

A little village with a big lake. Dudhni Lake is built on the reservoir of Madhuban Dam. It offers watersports and boating. One can simply hire a Shikhara and float on the lake while watching the sunset. Soothing and Relaxing. There are rowboats managed by the rowers themselves. Its quiet little village with two or three hotels. I personally liked it because of the beautiful lake and friendly nature of locals. We spent more four hours here.

I would like to call it our own "Dal Lake " at Gujarat - Maharashtra Border. Here are some photographs.

Far View of Dudhni lake. Some the lake is in Gujarat, Some in Maharashtra and rest is in UT Silvassa.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-1.jpg

Boating at Lake. 250/- for half hour for four persons.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-2.jpg

Beautiful Lake.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-3.jpg

BoatHouse! When we were there it was closed.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-4.jpg

Shikaras. Just like they have it at Dal Lake, Srinagar.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-5.jpg

We did Boating.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-6.jpg

Boats waiting for tourists.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-7.jpg

Inside the lake.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-8.jpg

That's Maharashtra.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-9.jpg

That's Gujarat.
Anybody been to Silvassa?-10.jpg

108 service on water.