Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 16:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

I definitely would put my money on going to Shivanasamudra only for the fact that are multiple streams enroute where you could park and play in the water. At-least saves you the pain to having to share your personal space with others in the base of Shivanasamudra.

Just ensure you are around the kids always. both these places(shivanasamudra and Hoganekkal) have strong underwater currents. I would say go to Balmuri falls and enjoy your afternoon,safe and shallow waters.
Old 20th April 2010, 20:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Both places will be very HOT !
Indeed. I visited Hogenakkal and it was piercing hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I definitely would put my money on going to Shivanasamudra only for the fact that are multiple streams enroute where you could park and play in the water.
I would say go to Balmuri falls and enjoy your afternoon,safe and shallow waters.
Definitely my next option would be Balmuri falls and shivanasamudra.

Thanks for the help.
SANSI
Old 1st November 2011, 08:56   #18
BHPian

Re: One day trip to nearby place in Bangalore-Need ideas.

We, a group of some 20 families with children want to go for a day picnic from Whitefield/Bangalore. What are the options? We have lot of artistic talent in the group, so intent to travel by a large chartered bus and come back by the evening. Idea is to have some safe place for children and facilities for adults to have some fun (mime, stage acts, pictionary, watching short clips together, impromptu singing, jamming etc).

BH.
Old 1st November 2011, 12:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
We, a group of some 20 families with children want to go for a day picnic from Whitefield/Bangalore. What are the options? We have lot of artistic talent in the group, so intent to travel by a large chartered bus and come back by the evening. Idea is to have some safe place for children and facilities for adults to have some fun (mime, stage acts, pictionary, watching short clips together, impromptu singing, jamming etc).

BH.
Try these threads

Link 1 (108 Places Around Bangalore)
Link 2 (Places around Bangalore for Enjoying the monsoon!)
Link 3 (One day trip to nearby place in Bangalore-Need ideas.) and this last one has quite a bit of info, link 4 (Places around Bangalore (Detailed)).
Old 1st November 2011, 15:26   #20
BHPian

check this link, it is pretty comprehensive

286 Tourist Places around Bangalore - Bangalore Weekend Getaways
Old 30th May 2014, 20:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bumping an old thread.

On June 4th, I will be finishing my 4 years of engineering at BMS College of Engineering. (Yay me!). Now, that will also mean me and my classmates will not be seeing each other that often anymore. So we felt a one day trip would be the best way to cap off the 4 years.

In that regard, I wanted suggestions for which would be the best place to visit in June? There are around 40-50 people, around 3:2 boy:girl ratio. We'd like a place that is calm, not very crowded and will help us unwind after a week of exams. Preferably some place with water that we can get into! (Any secret, unpopular places are highly preferred!)

We've already been to Balmuri Falls, Tonnur Kere, Shivanasamudram and Talakaadu.

Any suggestions my fellow T-BHPians?
Old 30th May 2014, 20:34   #22
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Any suggestions my fellow T-BHPians?
Devarayanadurga and Siddara Betta. Leave Bangalore by 5 am, reach Devarayanadurga by 6 am, enjoy the sunrise, visit the temples, proceed to Siddara Betta, trek for 1.5 hours to reach the hill-top, visit the temple, spend some time on the hill-top and return to Bangalore. Sorry, no water bodies in both the places. Visit here for more details.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 30th May 2014 at 20:35.
  (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 20:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Devarayanadurga and Siddara Betta. Leave Bangalore by 5 am, reach Devarayanadurga by 6 am, enjoy the sunrise, visit the temples, proceed to Siddara Betta, trek for 1.5 hours to reach the hill-top, visit the temple, spend some time on the hill-top and return to Bangalore. Sorry, no water bodies in both the places. Visit here for more details.
Thank you very much for the quick reply!

But I forgot to mention that trekking is not much of an option. Some of the guys and some of the girls don't want to/can't trek and we can't afford to leave anyone behind. :/
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 22:49   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
In that regard, I wanted suggestions for which would be the best place to visit in June? There are around 40-50 people, around 3:2 boy:girl ratio. We'd like a place that is calm, not very crowded and will help us unwind after a week of exams. Preferably some place with water that we can get into! (Any secret, unpopular places are highly preferred!)

The key point to note, is there are 40-50 folks. In other words a bus full of people! So you need more space to enjoy.

Devarayanadurga is a good place. But its not an open space. Do take care.

Few suggestions:
- Hogenakkal
- Krishnagiri reservoir
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 00:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So you need more space to enjoy.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Devarayanadurga is a good place. But its not an open space. Do take care.
Few suggestions:
- Hogenakkal
- Krishnagiri reservoir
Hogenakkal, I've been there in 2011. By bike, moreover! If things are now how they were then, I would stay away from this place when going with girls and family. I saw people drinking there between their groups and that will mean callously thrown away alcohol bottle pieces everywhere.

Krishnagiri reservoir, I checked out some pictures. Seems like a nice place.

I think we can cover the Krishnagiri Fort along with the Reservoir in a day's time quite easily. Moreover, this travelogue tells me that we can get into the water at the reservoir too.

Although, I need to ask, how safe are the waters at the reservoir? I have always been told to keep away from getting into water at a reservoir.

Moreover, is there water now? I tried to find out and landed into this bit of information:

One day trip to nearby place in Bangalore-Need ideas.-1.jpg

Does this mean 35.7ft of water is currently present when the maximum is 52 feel? A 70% full reservoir should satisfy most people, ie. If I interpreted the numbers correctly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks