Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 15:27   #1
BHPian

Requesting info for trip to Doddamakali/Dubare from Bangalore

Hi Folks,

I'm planning for a trip to either the Doddamakali or the Dubare camps of Jungle Lodges this long weekend. I just had a few queries:

1) Is it ok to drive from Bangalore to either of these places by own car (swift). How are the roads?
2) How are the facilities at the JLR camps in either of the places?
3) Are there any other reasonably priced decent accomodations at either of the places?
4) I'm looking forward for at least a little bit of outdoor activity and not just put my feet up and eat and drink. So is my choice of location ok?
Old 19th March 2008, 15:52   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

* Have you checked with JLR for details ?
* Any details on location of these places will help give more details about travel conditions.
Old 20th March 2008, 09:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

I had visited Dubare few years back for just a day visit. about staying, i think for JLR you need to book well in advance, check their websites

About other accomodation, i guess you will get decent ones in kushal nagar or madikeri. but staying in the jungle itself cannot be compared with these right ?

Swift does well on bad roads.. so i guess it should be fine.. perhaps wait for someone to give latest info on the roads, but i feel it should be great atleast till madikeri
Old 20th March 2008, 09:50   #4
BHPian

Roads upto the Kushal Nagar are quite good except for a couple of stretches in and around Piriyapatanam. Kushal Nagar onwards work on road widening and relaying was getting done up in the begining of Feb 08 hope they are done by now else they are not in very good conditions right upto Dubare.
Old 20th March 2008, 10:27   #5
BHPian

The road is not in very good condition once you take a turn from Madikeri road. Some stretches were very narrow and sometime muddy. But, Swift can definitely do this if you know your car well.

I suggest you call up JLR or any other resort in Dubhare (there are quite a few resorts in and around Dubare) and check on the current road conditions.

You can try out homestays too.

Regards
Rex

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks