Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Horanadu : Route Queries

guys,

need help on this route: from bangalore to Horanadu.

have been thru the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-horanadu.html ; i got confused, so makign this post.

i recollect reading a travalogue of one of our members doing this trip over the weekend - a two day get away. was not able to search it out!

my plan is to spend the max time at Horanadu and any nearby places. no detours, no thing. enjoy the climate (we have a good one now) and the drive - main agenda. and also use up the extended weekend (5th, 6th & 7th).

info that will help are:
- route to take
- place to stay over there
- temple timings
- nearby (shorty sprint) places
- anything else you feel a 'must-do'

suggestions please...

HW.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 2nd April 2008 at 13:37.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Happy wheels,

Here is the route for Bangalore - Horanadu.

BLr- Yeshwanthpur
Yeshwanthpur 20 Nelamangala 20 Kunigal 45 Yediyur 18 Bellur Cross 14 Chennarayapatna 43 Kamath Upchar 12 Hassan City 23 Belur Cross 2 Belur 35 Gonibeed 32 Banakal 20 Pattadur 10 Kalasa 35 Horanadu 10
From Bangalore to Hassan is NH, Hassan to Belur is flyway. From Belur the road condition is okay at this time.

Post your log.

warm regards,
Dwarak
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:50   #3
BANNED

hi, Happy Wheels,
- place to stay over there==Can stay there in temple accommodation good and clean.
-temple timings==Morning 6 to night 9PM i believe but not sure
- nearby (shorty sprint) places===
1)Kalasaseshvari temple in kalasa,
2)Lakya DAM at kudremuk, (If forest department allow)
3)Can visit Kudremuk reserve forest (karkala route) and enjoy the greenery, best timing is after 4PM to 6PM
4)Visit Tea estate near Kalasa
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

thanks a ton dwaraka & balechaparka! :-)

wonderful break up of the route and distance and the places to stay / visit.

guess i have all I need to roll!

so its Horanadu this weekend!

Post a log - you bet! :-)
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thats perfect explaination about Horanaadu and nearby places. To add it up you can also plan Sringeri, Agumbe, Kollur, Kodachadri, Hosanagar Matha, Shimoga Animals safari, Badra dam and resort stay in back waters, Belur, Halebeedu, Kemmangundi and nearby areas. Of course I know you cant cover all the places I listed but just for information I listed it.

There is new hotel in Horannadu so no need to worry about accomadation.

All these areas involve lot of ghat section driving so keep enough amount of time average speed might be 30km per hour in such places.

I am planning horannadu in april last week while returning to Bangalore from my native. My relative knows many hotels and stay there but he changed his number recently I lost it i am trying to locate him, If you need help PM me I will do my best to help you

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 2nd April 2008 at 20:33.
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot, Ravi!

As you rightly said, it is not possible to cover all the spots in one go. But this does help in knowing what is present there.

And yes, I am planning for a slow cruise, meaning, take my time on road to cover the distance. I am expecting the drive itself to be a very scenic one. :-)
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:04   #7
BHPian

don't miss the food( lunch/dinner) at the temple..its simply too good... they are clean and has awesome taste... no money can buy such a quality & leaves a lasting impression ( bisi bisi payasaa.. slurp..), more than justifies the abode of goddess Annapurneshwari...( food diety)

also for breakfast you can try Raagi roti at Silent valley resort, near kaalsa, served with good amount of butter & tasteful chutney...

if it rains it an awesome sight of nature around Hornadu..

during daytime as well drive with your headlamps ON on those twisty roads...

might be heading there on my bike there this long weekend...
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
don't miss the food( lunch/dinner) at the temple..its simply too good... they are clean and has awesome taste... no money can buy such a quality & leaves a lasting impression ( bisi bisi payasaa.. slurp..), more than justifies the abode of goddess Annapurneshwari...( food diety)...
Guess its one of the few holy places where service and quality is on the top.

Quote:
..also for breakfast you can try Raagi roti at Silent valley resort, near kaalsa, served with good amount of butter & tasteful chutney...
My morning breakfast of corn flakes is killing me now!

Quote:
...if it rains it an awesome sight of nature around Hornadu..
Thats is what I am hoping for. I do not know if I sound crazy, but I love driving when it rains! Not the hard 'cat & dogs & donkeys' but just one of those slight drizzles.

Quote:
...during daytime as well drive with your headlamps ON on those twisty roads......
Thanks for the tip mate; will do.

Quote:
...might be heading there on my bike there this long weekend...
Honk twice if you see a black alto driven with the headlights on.
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Happywheels ...
As ravi suggested .. try out the other places nearby .. Coz u have loads of time to roam around.
Try silent valley .. It's good . Visit Sringeri , Agumbe, Kudremukha ( SK border).. Fantastic n scenic places.
You can visit Udupi, dharmasthala also .
Hey Sanjay n happywheels
when r u planning to do the trip, Coz i'm leaving home either tomorrow evenig (friday) saturday 6am - 7am ..in my Honda

Last edited by sushrutha : 3rd April 2008 at 12:09.
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sushrutha,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have not decided on when to start. I do not think a evening start tomorrow will work out. As it stands now, it will be early on Saturday morning, around the time that you have mentioned (6~7am).

I have another friend of mine who should be joining us. Let me check up with him also.

Will update once I have firmed the plan.
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Sushrutha,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have not decided on when to start. I do not think a evening start tomorrow will work out. As it stands now, it will be early on Saturday morning, around the time that you have mentioned (6~7am).

I have another friend of mine who should be joining us. Let me check up with him also.

Will update once I have firmed the plan.
Yeah .. if i'm starting on saturday .. may be we can catchup for sometime on the highway for a cup of coffee :-)
Shall mail u my number ....
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Yeah .. if i'm starting on saturday .. may be we can catchup for sometime on the highway for a cup of coffee :-)
Shall mail u my number ....
sounds good!
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:27   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Guess its one of the few holy places where service and quality is on the top.
yep, goddess Annapurneshwari prasada cannot be quantified or qualified, i used those words just to tell you not to miss..
after having food just go & sit in front of temple & have a look at the nature. haa.. too good..

also try chikki delicacy at the store in the temple premises...its unlike you have tasted in Bangalore... get a few extra for the drive.. you will relish it...

Quote:
Thats is what I am hoping for. I do not know if I sound crazy, but I love driving when it rains! Not the hard 'cat & dogs & donkeys' but just one of those slight drizzles.
you are just half crazy... drive on a bike during malnad rains, in karnataka , ranging from coorg to utttara karnataka..its pure bliss..an expereince you wont forget in haste...

also drive through kudremukh forest area towards Dharmastala.. its one scenic drive...

Quote:
Honk twice if you see a black alto driven with the headlights on.
for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Hey Sanjay n happywheels
when r u planning to do the trip, Coz i'm leaving home either tomorrow evenig (friday) saturday 6am - 7am ..in my Honda
planning to leave on friday evening , worst case saturday morning...
Old 5th April 2008, 23:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Plan got scrd!

Had to make a last minutes call off due to my a sick person, aka, my friend who was supposed to come along with me. So, keeping this on hold till he get back on his legs!
Old 10th April 2008, 09:01   #15
BHPian

My parents want to do this route over the next weekend with my cousin in a Zen. Want to know the road conditions. Any info on road to Horanadu, Sringeri, Udipi will be helpful.

Most Viewed