Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 14:50   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Thanks 500modder. Any clues on the Srimangala route?
I'm sorry I have no idea. We only saw the first 100 feet of it from the fork and then spent the next hour wishing we had taken it. But for all you know it may be as bad. And it's marginally longer.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:10   #17

Re: Mangalore to Ooty?

Hello everyone. This is a surprisingly quiet thread. Not many people doing the Mangalore Ooty route? I hope not as I badly need some information on the best route and road conditions for Ooty to Mangalore.

I am doing a trip from Bangalore to Ooty to Mangalore. Have never done the Ooty to Mangalore route so need the help.

Is it better to do the known route of Ooty-Mysore-Coorg-Mangalore? Or is the google map route of going through Gonikopal-Coorg-Mangalore better?

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2017 at 09:22. Reason: Typo Fixed
Old 14th September 2017, 20:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post
Is it better to do the known route of Ooty-Mysore-Coorg-Mangalore? Or is the google map route of going through Gonikopal-Coorg-Mangalore better?
Many use the Madikerei-Sampaje-Sulia-Jalasoor-Puttur. (See Bangalore Bekal Thread)

or this one : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...-mysore-3.html (Route Information : Mangalore to Mysore)
Old 14th September 2017, 21:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post
I have done the Mangalore - Masinagudi trip a couple of times in last two years. Would recommend Ooty - Bandipur - Mysore - Madikeri -Sullia - Puttur - BC Road - Mangalore Route. Two Lane roads most of the time but overall good condition of roads, especially once you cross Bandipur. Not too many bottle necks. You can avoid driving through Mysore city by taking the ring road. Café Coffee day pit stops near Kushalngar and Sullia. Usual eateries in Madikeri.
Old 14th September 2017, 21:12   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
I have done the Mangalore - Masinagudi trip a couple of times in last two years. Would recommend Ooty - Bandipur - Mysore - Madikeri -Sullia - Puttur - BC Road - Mangalore Route. Two Lane roads most of the time but overall good condition of roads, especially once you cross Bandipur. Not too many bottle necks. You can avoid driving through Mysore city by taking the ring road. Café Coffee day pit stops near Kushalngar and Sullia. Usual eateries in Madikeri.
I remember some years back the road via Nugu was being relaid. Would be great to hear the status on Begur-Nugu-Handpost-HD Kote-Hunsur.
Old 14th September 2017, 22:12   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I remember some years back the road via Nugu was being relaid. Would be great to hear the status on Begur-Nugu-Handpost-HD Kote-Hunsur.
I think its done. I took some part of this route while coming back from wayanad to mysore earlier this year. I remember the nugu part where you drive around a giant reservoir to have pretty good single lane road.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed