Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the border on the way to Thiruvanamalai on the 1st and came back yesterday evening. No issues as far as private vehicles go. All buses, lorries also were plying as normal.

Had my KA registered Civic parked out in the open for long hours in Krishnagiri and Thiruvanamalai. No issues inspite of all the news coverage !!

However I did check when I was on the way back to Bangalore. There is a TN police presence on the TN side of the border to ensure nothing untoward happens.

All said and done, please be cautious while crossing the border and take suitable precautions.

If you are travelling to Chennai, leave early in the morning or take the Old Madras road if you are worried. If you are even more worried, take a train !
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I am planning to go to Coorg this month by road with my family.
Is it safe to drive? Your(Bangalore guys) views please.
I would prefer not to visit this time. Reason is, you are coming here for a good relaxation or sight seeing. And if you keep these things in mind, then you cannot really enjoy the vacation.
Since we dont know your dates, just FYI, KA is planing to have bandh either on 10th or 12th of april. but not decided. So, it may be postponed too due to the exams.

Also, as others suggested, keep following the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
If you are travelling to Chennai, leave early in the morning or take the Old Madras road if you are worried. If you are even more worried, take a train !
Are you sure Kolar route is safer than hosur route? I mean for a TN board.
I heard from guys that its better to take hosur route rather than Kolar route. Please confirm.

P.S. Sorry guys I should have combined both response in one.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd April 2008 at 18:47. Reason: Please use the same post to manage content for upto 20 minutes
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:55   #33
VMG
BHPian

Thanks Guys. I have a TN reg.plate. Planning to drive with my wife and two daughters. I think I have to change my dates.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

I dont think that the situation will heighten now that it has calmed down but if the KA bandh dates come inbetween your schedule, better to re-schedule since you have a TN plate.

As long as the public transport runs, I dont think there will be a problem to the private ones for both TN/KA vehicles going in and out of each state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Thanks Guys. I have a TN reg.plate. Planning to drive with my wife and two daughters. I think I have to change my dates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks