Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:52   #16

We went there from our office about 3 months back. The road is not good. In a few places there are no directions and unless you know which turn to take it will be difficult.
They have many sports there in the resort - cricket, volleyball, shuttle, basket ball, swimming, TT etc. SO if you enjoy playing games, it would be a great place.
Other than that there is a temple atop a small hill and you can go to the Talakad riverside with coracle ride.
The food there is just okay.
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
@pankaj:
Looks like the road hasn't changed much even after 2 yrs. Only that they 'covered' up the gravel with red mud now
That red gravel is only on some blessed parts, otherwise it is just potholes, stones & what not. You actually curse yourself for coming and driving your much cared vehicle on such a road and then jumping on hearing each and every squeak. My car bottomed out n no. of times
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Oh my, oh my!

This is really interesting. Now I have no illusion or great expectation.

Anyway, tomorrow will be a revelation! Yahoo!
Old 29th October 2008, 14:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Okie. Back from the team outing and the Diwali trip.

About Jaladhama - do not drive there in your own vehicle if you love it! Please!!!

The road are a pathetic hell nut cracker! Do not understand what the PWD officials of that area are doing!!! Man, those roads will serve as good OTR spots!

Now about the resort - since it being the day we went, we were the only ones there. Had the place to just ourselves. But for Rs 950, the games and activities available are very few. Not sure what would have happened if two more set of teams had come, guess we would have started doing queue system for the games.

But the food was good though! Will post few photos later in the evening.
Old 13th November 2008, 19:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Didn't wanted to act like a dampner but what Joe said about roads is 100% true. I took around 1.5 to 2 hours for 21 kms recently.

See the proof yourself
i am with pankaj in that trip and took those pictures. the roads are really bad. better to go via mandya even though it takes longer ...
Old 20th February 2009, 14:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Any update on the road condition to Talakad? Might have drive there sometime next week. I am considering this route: Bangalore - Mandya - Bannur - T.Narasipur - Talakad.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:49   #22
BHPian

I will be going there on 27th feb, in 3 cars 15 people. Please let me know about the road conditions if anybody visited recently or the best alternate route to reach there
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:14   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kites View Post
I will be going there on 27th feb, in 3 cars 15 people. Please let me know about the road conditions if anybody visited recently or the best alternate route to reach there
Hi,

Did this trip happen? I am looking for latest updates on the road condition and also feedback on this place.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:42   #24
BHPian

Re: Query about Jaladhama Resort, Talakadu

Any latest update on this place?
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I returned from Talakadu y'day. Didn't stay at Jaladhama, instead at inlaws's place. So, I don't know about the resort. Here's the road condition update:

Talakadu/Jaladhama-Malavalli: Good roads. Single road from MuttanaHalli to Malavalli. Talakadu-Checkpost road elevated by 3-4ft at some places. Villagers have put some grains (raagi?) on the road very regularly.

Malavalli-Kanakapura: Decent road with lots of patches. Was able to maintain 80kmph in my Honda City. Too many two wheelers near villages and slow moving traffic (tractors, bullock carts) every now and then.

Kanakapura-Bangalore: Decent roads again with patches. More traffic and as you approach Bangalore (from Sri Sri's ashram), over taking becomes progressively difficult. Metro work starts from Konanakunte cross.

Prasad
Old 4th January 2011, 05:40   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Even I was interested to know about the stay experience at Jaladhama, as it seemed like a good weekend picnic. I only heard both positive and negative reviews.

Mostly the summary was, if you are going in a big group, it would be fun, as you may tend to forget the lack of services. There lots of outdoors games.

But then if only you are going by yourself (with family), then it can becoming a bit turn-off.

Hence even I was keen to know about this place.
Old 1st January 2014, 00:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even I was interested to know about the stay experience at Jaladhama, as it seemed like a good weekend picnic. I only heard both positive and negative reviews.

Mostly the summary was, if you are going in a big group, it would be fun, as you may tend to forget the lack of services. There lots of outdoors games.

But then if only you are going by yourself (with family), then it can becoming a bit turn-off.

Hence even I was keen to know about this place.
Hey Amp, Do you have any update on the road conditions to Jaladhama resort from Bangalore? We have a team outing this Friday and Saturday and wanted to drive myself if the road is good. The last update on this thread is that the roads are pathetic. But that was more than 2 years ago. If you have any update on the latest road condition, please let me know.
Old 1st January 2014, 09:23   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Hey Amp, Do you have any update on the road conditions to Jaladhama resort from Bangalore? We have a team outing this Friday and Saturday and wanted to drive myself if the road is good. The last update on this thread is that the roads are pathetic. But that was more than 2 years ago. If you have any update on the latest road condition, please let me know.
Not aware of the latest Gopi. But basically till Kollegal its the same NH209 which is very good. Its the last 30km which we need to know.

Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 10:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Not aware of the latest Gopi. But basically till Kollegal its the same NH209 which is very good. Its the last 30km which we need to know.
Ampere, thank you. Given these are village roads and not traffic prone, I dont think any improvements might have been made. I will not take a chance then driving on my own. Company transport it is..
Old 1st January 2014, 11:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Talakad 2 weeks back. The road is excellent right upto the temple in Talakad. This is the road I took - http://goo.gl/maps/SdZfb
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks