Team-BHP - Chennai to Srikalahasti : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Chennai to Srikalahasti : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/37810-chennai-srikalahasti-route-queries-2.html)

any pictures of tada falls???????

This road is pure Ferrari country!! When I recently did this trip in an SX4 couldn't help but notice the road was just perfect for the prancing horse:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajagopalang (Post 795008)
I'm curious to know the status of Tada falls now. How is it? Planning to go this weekend. Is it worth?

Didn't go to tada falls . When we came out of kalahasti and reached NH5, we stopped to check with the locals about the directions for tada falls . It was around 1 PM and there were hardly 5 people on the road but were speaking telugu which we couldn't understand and didn't get proper directions . So dropped the plans as the temperatures were also very high.

More photos. The road to Kalahasti (after taking the left turn from NH5) had number of rough patches.

@mission safari: You took a left at Tada? As i told the Tada Srikalahasti road is not as Good as the Naidupet-Srikalahasti one. You came very close to Tada falls. In fact, you should havetaken a deviation from the KALKI temple for that.Too bad you couldnt understand telugu.It sure is a confusing language.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravindwarrier (Post 812678)
@mission safari: You took a left at Tada? As i told the Tada Srikalahasti road is not as Good as the Naidupet-Srikalahasti one. You came very close to Tada falls. In fact, you should havetaken a deviation from the KALKI temple for that.Too bad you couldnt understand telugu.It sure is a confusing language.

Only later i came to know that the tada falls in on the Kalahasti road and earlier i was under the impression that tada is on the NH5. :Frustrati

My colleague here went to tada for a trekking and night out couple of weeks back. He said it was very very hot to trek in this kind of weather but there were small cool springs where you can dive into and relax.

Kalahasti to Tada route is better now (as on June 7, 2009).Looks like the whole stretch is re-laid recently. Two small bridges shown in Mission_Safari's pics remain the same. Apart from this there was one rough patch of length less than 100 mts. This route is a two lane road and with a lot of curves. There were multiple villages and many share autos were plying this route. So maintaining higher speed may not be possible.

Hello everyone,
I have to go that Kalki temple this weekend. Any pointers to Route will be of help.

Should I take left to Tada from GQ (NH55) and after that should I keep going straight.

Also I assume it would be about 100 Kms, I need this because I have to be there at 6.00 AM for a darshan and for that I am planning to start at 4.00 AM from Madippakkam, Chennai

Thanks for the help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananthang (Post 1415792)
Hello everyone,
I have to go that Kalki temple this weekend. Any pointers to Route will be of help.

Should I take left to Tada from GQ (NH55) and after that should I keep going straight.

Also I assume it would be about 100 Kms, I need this because I have to be there at 6.00 AM for a darshan and for that I am planning to start at 4.00 AM from Madippakkam, Chennai

Thanks for the help.

Yes , you must take the left to Tada from GQ and this building will be on your right side . My guess is 4AM start might be little too tight for the 6AM darshan.

When i went to Kalahasti the last time this building was still under construction. I am assuming this is the temple you are referring to.

Thank you Mission. The temple construction is over now and we need to collect the tickets around 6 for the darshan 8.30. So its ok even if I reach there by 6.30 Am also.

I went to Srikalahasti from Chennai two weeks ago, thanks to everyone for the directions. From Chennai Tambaram, I took the bye-pass from Tambaram to NH5 (since the bye-pass is not fully completed, after crossing the Bangalore highway, had to go into the city and reach NH5 via Ambattur). The highway and the road from NH5 up to Srikalahasti are fine and the entire journey took 3 hours. The speed breakers on NH5-Srikalahasti stretch are still not painted and so one has to be cautious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshivaa (Post 1530624)
The speed breakers on NH5-Srikalahasti stretch are still not painted and so one has to be cautious.

You can say that again. I had been to Kalahasti last weekend and fell a prey to one of those so-called speed breakers. Was doing around 90 KMPH when all of a sudden I noticed it and had little time to react. Went over it in a fraction of a second. The impact screwed up the alignment in my CD player and is giving me an error code that I have asked the service personnel to look into.:Frustrati

The term speed-breakers have a different meaning in the lexicon of India, I suppose.

Any on recently on Chennai-Kalahasti route please provide latest update.
If I start at say 8 am and reach by 11AM, will there be time for darshan and pooja or is it too late?
If I have to stay back overnight any good hotels there?

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone recently done the day trip of Chennai - Kalahasti - Chennai. Please provide your inputs on route and road conditions. Recommendation for hotels to have lunch is welcome.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer

I just did this trip last week.
Road is fantastic till Tada.
After you take a left, it is a two way road ( around 50 feet in width max) till you reach kalahasthi.

This time, was vigilante to count the speed breakers post Tada left turn and oh boy! the number turned out to a whooping 30 till Kalahasthi. :)
Yes. From Tada till Kalahasthi, we need to cross 30 speed breakers in total.

This will restrict your speed and I felt they are needed to ensure the speeds for all type of vehicles are under check for a safe drive through out the stretch of 45 kms approx.

For Hotels, its better to plan your travel in such a way that you reach the "Hotel Jeevan Cafe" near Ponneri for breakfast / lunch or dinner.
Didn't find any decent / hygienic place other than this, except a CCD near HP petrol pump after integrated Check post before Sri City while going from Chennai.

Over all, road condition is pretty good.
It took 3hrs 15 mins from East Tambaram to Kalahasthi with two 5 mins breaks in the morning.

Started at 6:00 am for performing the 10:00 am Abhishekam. Reached back home by 4:00 pm.

Regards,
Maverick.