Team-BHP - Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Munnar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Munnar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/38117-bangalore-kodaikanal-munnar-route-queries.html)

I'm planning to do this trip next weekend-18-19-20 (which is loooong).:)

I want to know the present motoring conditions from any tbhpians who've done this route in the immediate past.

Intended Route -

Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Karur -Dindigul - Kodai

Kodai - Munnar

cheers
cheers:

The route mentioned is excellent. Some road work (4 lane) work going on in some patches. But still the existing road is in excellent condition.
I have travelled to munnar 10 days b4 in the same route

Better to take the following route:
Bangalore-Dharmapuri-Toppur-Bhavani-Perunthurai-Chennimalai-Gangeyam-Dharapuram-Palani-Kodai

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 789252)
Bangalore-Dharmapuri-Toppur-Bhavani-Perunthurai-Chennimalai-Gangeyam-Dharapuram-Palani-Kodai

The 'Great One' has spoken! :thumbs up

Here you go Eclectic, the best option and with the best scenary! :-)

Quote:

This is the route to take for scenic beauty. Road conditions are excellent too.

Abhi

If you want to cut short some more time and have a better scenery, you could take Bangalore - Hosur (take right towards Rayakottai) - Rayakottai - Palacode bypass - Dharmapur bypass - Thoppur - Mechari - Mettur bypass - Bhavani - Perunthurai ........

You would miss the GQ for a distance of 45 kms from Hosur - Krishnagiri and save 25 odd kms. You would also not have to deal with the 4 laning from Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri and also driving through Dharmapuri which can take quite sometime in peak hours.

The stretch between Salem & Namakkal is bad, so please do not go by that route (I had travelled this stretch a couple of weeks back and it took me almost 3 hours to cover Salem - Karur). I suggest you go ahead with the route mentioned by "The Great One" its far better and less strenous, and should save you time as well.

Cheers

Srikanth

Thanks guys.

I guess I'll have to stick to what hvkumar suggested.

I was wondering about the state of roads? after the last bout of rains?

also most importantly which palce would you suggest for stay in kodai & munnar?
we are four guys who wanna have a blast of time. All of us are strictly carnivorous & like it spicy.

any recommendations for stay & food?
cheers:

Quote:

What is the total distance on this route?
I've driven till Perundurai which I guess is ~300kms.
How long more till Kodai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykk (Post 789547)
How long more till Kodai?

Another 150 odd kms. Dont have the map at the moment to give the exact distance.

Abhi

Bangalore-Dharmapuri 150 kms-Toppur 26 (turn off NH7, right)-Mettur 35-Bhavani 47 (Join NH47, turn right towards Coimbatore)-Perunthurai 25 (turn off NH47, straight, right goes to Coimbatore, left to Erode)-Chennimalai 12-Gangeyam 21 (join Coimbatore-Trichy road, bisect and take Dharapuram road)-Dharapuram 36 (bypass town,go straight, left goes to Udumalaipet)-Palani 38-Kodai 65,
totalling to 455 kms

so says "unGreat one"!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 789593)
Another 150 odd kms. Dont have the map at the moment to give the exact distance.

Abhi

Perfect call, Abhi! 150 kms, it is

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 789774)
Bangalore-Dharmapuri 150 kms-Toppur 26 (turn off NH7, right)-Mettur 35-Bhavani 47 (Join NH47, turn right towards Coimbatore)-Perunthurai 25 (turn off NH47, straight, right goes to Coimbatore, left to Erode)-Chennimalai 12-Gangeyam 21 (join Coimbatore-Trichy road, bisect and take Dharapuram road)-Dharapuram 36 (bypass town,go straight, left goes to Udumalaipet)-Palani 38-Kodai 65,
totalling to 455 kms

Does anyone else want to do any more test of HVKumar's 'MapAllIndia' brain?

Quote:

...so says "unGreat one"!!!

clap:

Quote:

Dharapuram 36 (bypass town,go straight, left goes to Udumalaipet)-Palani 38-Kodai 65,
totalling to 455 kms

!!!

Sorry for typo - at Dharapuram, right goes to Udumalai

Guys, any recomendations for stay in Kodai?
My (& our family's) last visit was 25yrs ago when I was a kid, any advice would be welcome.
Its 4 guys, One red hot hatch & hi spirits.
cheers: