Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2015, 01:49   #16

Mumbai-Jabalpur Road trip queries

Hello bhpians, I am planning a road trip with family to Jabalpur (MP).
Which would be the best route for the journey.
Old 6th September 2016, 12:00   #17

Hi guys, returned from a trip to Jabalpur.
Route taken mumbai Nasik, Indore Bhopal sagar damoh Jabalpur.
Roads are excellent and tolled. Although toll on a few stretches was high. For most of the parts tolls are acceptable.
Left mumbai noon time reached Indore by 10 in the night stayed at Amarvilas hotel . Next day left for Jabalpur after breakfast and reached Jabalpur by nightfall
swazy82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 19:05   #18
BHPian

Mumbai-Halt-Kanha-Bandhavgarh-Halt-Mumai Route Query

Hello friends,

I am planning a short family vacation to Bandhavgarh and Kanha during the latter part of October. I will be driving (T-Jet) with my wife and daughter on board. I plan to halt overnight during both onward and return leg. Request your inputs on the following:
1. Which route should I take?
2. The place that I should stopover for the overnight breaks (Indore I believe is ideal, but I'd rather prefer the countryside, close to nature).
3. Suggestions for hotels at all these places (budget about 3-4K per night, closer to the national parks preferable).
4. Anything that I need to be particularly aware of while driving across from Maharashtra to Madhya Pradesh (any permits, stickers etc.)
5. Any inputs on the safari would be an added plus.

Thanks in advance.
(I saw a past thread on Bandhavgarh but that was about a decade old, so thought of posting as a new thread).

Last edited by indiaashish : 15th September 2019 at 19:25.
Old 14th November 2019, 11:27   #19

Re: Mumbai-Halt-Kanha-Bandhavgarh-Halt-Mumai Route Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
Hello friends,

I am planning a short family vacation to Bandhavgarh and Kanha during the latter part of October. I will be driving (T-Jet) with my wife and daughter on board. I plan to halt overnight during both onward and return leg. Request your inputs on the following:
Hello indiaashish,

Planning to do the same route with my family. Your input on the trip would help.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2019 at 11:33.
Old 15th November 2019, 15:31   #20
BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Halt-Kanha-Bandhavgarh-Halt-Mumai Route Query

Hi Fortunerider.

I took the following route:
Day 1: Mumbai to Bhopal
Commenced journey at 5.45 AM; Mumbai>> Kasara>> Nashik>> Malegaon>> Dhule>> Pithampur>> Indore>> Bhopal (arrived at 8.20 PM; overnight stopover at Treebo Trend)
Day 2: Bhopal to Bandhavgarh
Started at 8 AM; Bhopal>>Saagar>> Katni >>Umaria (arrival 7 PM; Stay at Tiger Trails - 2 Nights - 3 safaris; 2 at Tala and one at Magadhi Zone)
Day 4: Bandhavgarh to Kanha
Started at 1.30 PM; Bandhavgarh >>Umariya>> Shahpura>> Saagar >>Mandla>> Khatia Gate Kanha (arrival 8 PM; Pugmark Resort; 3 safaris; 2 at Khatia and 1 at Mukki)
Day 6: Kanha to Nagpur
Started at 1.30 PM: Kanha>> Nainpur>> Seoni>> Nagpur (Arrival at 9.30 PM; Treebo Jog Centre; Overnight halt)
Day7: Nagpur to Aurangabad
Started at 12.30 PM: Nagpur>> Amravati>> Karanja>> Jalna >> Aurangabad (arrival at Treebo Trend Sonia at 10 PM)
Day 8: Aurangabad to Mumbai
Started 8 AM; Aurangabad>> Ahmednagar>Pune Expressway>>Mumbai (arrival ay 6 PM)

Roads in Maharashtra are mediocre and are heavily tolled at certain locations. MP roads are better and the tolls are fewer and charges are lower as well. The best drive is through the forest in Bandhavgarh - After Khatiya, enjoy the nature and the woods while driving. We spotted a fox and plenty of cheetals (spotted deers).

All hotels were decent except Pugmark in Kanha. Although the owner is a decent fellow trying his best, the money spent is not worth it. We had plans of staying 3 nights but changed our plans and shifted base to Nagpur after the 3 safaris. Not that the rooms or service is bad. Just that there is nothing else to do after you are done with the Safari. The advantage it has is it is less than 500 m from Khatiya gate. The flip side is that in case you have also booked Mukki gate safari, then please bear in mind it is about 50 km away and will take at least an hour to reach.

Avoid the Nagpur-Aurangabad stretch (that is in case you have not yet fixed your itinerary). The roads are under construction and are not in the best of shapes. We were stuck in a major traffic snarl.

Kanha is more scenic than Bandhavgarh. More mammals in Bandhavgarh [Tiger (of course!), Jackals, Wild Boars], more birds in Kanha [Lesser Adjutant, Indian Roller, Yellow Wagtail, Changeable Hawk Eagle, Red Munia, and stonechat and the pride of the forest - the Barasingha (an endangered deer species now gradually reviving)]. Attaching a few pics.
Overall, I traveled 2594 km (home to home) with an above-average fuel efficiency of 14.4 kmpl (petrol, turbo jet).
Attached Thumbnails
Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-baby-cobra.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-barasingha-sepia.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-barasingha.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-changeable-hawk-eagle.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-dragonfly-upclose.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-female-stonechat.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-giant-wood-spider.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-indian-roller-kanha.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-indian-rollerbandhavgarh.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-jackals.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-jumping-spider-full.jpg  

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P-jumping-spider-macro.jpg  

indiaashish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 21:27   #21
BHPian

Re: Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P

Planning to drive with two ladies in my City from Nagpur to Bandhavgarh in one day. Is it better to pass through Jabalpur?
Old 27th June 2020, 15:25   #22
BHPian

Mumbai to Bandhavgarh driving

Once the lockdown is lifted I propose on driving from my residence in Mumbai to Bandhavgarh and back. Looking for information on 1. The estimated time with say 1 or 2 night halts 2. the best route to use, 3. Where to plan the night halts and the road condition on the route. FYI I am 62 years old and drive a Ford Ecosport Diesel. Thanks in advance for your help
armumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 18:07   #23
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Bandhavgarh driving

While I would not be able to offer any help on complete route. Just one caution that you should target to reach by early evening say 5 PM to your destination at Bandhavgarh. Since, when you reach near Bandhavgarh for say about 20 kms or so, its a narrow road that passes through buffer zone and get dark too.

I have travelled recently from Katni to Bandhavgarh and road is in good condition.
Old 28th June 2020, 01:26   #24
BHPian

Thanks drive.click. Working backwards, which town would I need to be at to reach Tala gate at 5pm, considering I leave by 7/8am. I am looking at Tiger Valley Resort which is at Tala Gate I believe
Old 1st July 2020, 17:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
Thanks drive.click. Working backwards, which town would I need to be at to reach Tala gate at 5pm, considering I leave by 7/8am. I am looking at Tiger Valley Resort which is at Tala Gate I believe
I saw this post today. Since I do not which route are you finalizing from Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, cant directly answer this.

But if you are taking the route mentioned by indiaashish -

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
I took the following route:
Day 1: Mumbai to Bhopal
Commenced journey at 5.45 AM; Mumbai>> Kasara>> Nashik>> Malegaon>> Dhule>> Pithampur>> Indore>> Bhopal (arrived at 8.20 PM; overnight stopover at Treebo Trend)
Day 2: Bhopal to Bandhavgarh
Started at 8 AM; Bhopal>>Saagar>> Katni >>Umaria (arrival 7 PM; Stay at Tiger Trails - 2 Nights - 3 safaris; 2 at Tala and one at Magadhi Zone)
Then you will have to be at Sagar it seems.

And if you are coming from Nagpur then you should be ahead of Nagpur it seems (may be Seoni - provided there are decent places to stay.) Not sure how much it helps, but I have read (and seen) that at Rukhad near Pench is good option to stay.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st July 2020 at 17:53. Reason: Formatting post
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:35   #26
BHPian

Well I guess since MUM-NGP route will be too long, I would use the standard from Mumbai through Nasik-Dhule-Indore-Bhopal- Bandahvgarh.
Ufortunately these sectors don't break off into neat segments of 8 hrs per day driving. Out of compulsion it looks like 3 nights on the roads. That is 6 nights just travel time. Looks like the train is a far more sensible option, but that would need to wait for Vaccine to be available. Sigh!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks