Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 22:58   #1
BHPian

Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P

Dear Bhpians, I wish to travel with my family of 4 to Bandhavgarh and Kanha in the last week of May. I will be travelling to my inlaws place at Nasik the previous day and would like to commence my tour from Nasik. I require help on the following
1. Ideal route to be taken.( parameters are good road conditions and safe for daytime travel)
2. On route for night halt, is Bhopal ideally placed.
3. Any other destination that can be clubbed with these two if not much of a hassle.
Old 9th April 2008, 23:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

No need to go to Bhopal. From Nashik, go on NH3 till Dhule, and then switch over to NH6 via Jalgaon, Khamgaon, Akola and Amaravathi to Nagpur, which could be your night halt in case you are a slow driver. From Nagpur, take NH7 north and go till Seoni, where you turn off right and go to Kanha. To go on to Bandavgarh, return to NH7 and go via Jabalpur to Katni, where you leave NH7.

From Nagpur to Kanha is a drive of around 4 hours.

From Kanha, Bandavgarh should be a day's drive.

In cae you wish to return via Bhopal, come to Jabalpur via Katni on NH, switch over to NH12 to Bhopal via Tendukheda, Bareli yo Obaidullaganj. From Bhopal, to return to Bombay, first go to Indore via Sehore and Dewas and then take NH3 all the way back to Bombay via Khalghat, Sendhwa, Shirpur and Dhule. In that case, a drive from Bhopal to Bombay in 1 day would be very difficult even if you are a fast driver, hence you may have to break at Dhule.

YOu can visit Bedgehat near Jabalpur, on Nh12 (Bhopal road), where you can see the River Narmada flowing thorugh marble-type rocky ravine.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2008, 23:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Avoid night driving in MP
Old 9th April 2008, 23:53   #4
BHPian

Dear hvkumar thanks for replying. I've always enjoyed going through your travelogues.
From your suggestion it appears the route to be taken is Nasik-Nagpur(night halt), Nagpur to Kanha. Kanha - Bandhavgarh and then back the same route if I skip Bedeghat.
Just wondering whether I can make Bandhavgarh to Nagpur (without a large stopover) on the way back to avoid any night halt enroute in M.P.
Also brief idea on the distance in kms. Kanha- bandhavgarh and Bandhavgarh to Nagpur.

Last edited by DDDHRUV : 9th April 2008 at 23:57.
Old 10th April 2008, 00:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nagpur-Seoni-Kanha, over 250 kms

Kanha-Mandla-Jabalpur (joining NH7 only in Jabalpur)-Katni (take NH78 towards Shahdol, till Umaria)-Umaria (leave NH78)-Bandavgarh, around 350 kms

Bandavgarh-Katni-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nagpur, 475 kms

I have personally never been to either of these places, but I have been on NH7 between Nagpur and Seoni and onward to Laknadon and the road is good. Road from Seoni to Kanha is not very good. Have been on NH7 near Jabalpur, road is great. Also been on NH78 which is quite a disaster.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:42   #6
BHPian

Re: Route Info Needed - Mumbai to Bandhavgarh, M.P

I have something same in mind, so need your help. I have done Nagpur to Kanha and then to Bandhavgarh during May 2011. But it was by a innova booked through a travel agency.

I am planning to drive down my Honda city (ANHC) with two kids and my wife from Mumbai to Nagpur and then to Bandhavgarh.

Nagpur to Bandhavgarh via Jabalpur is the shortest route or any other shortest route available?

Thanks

Subrat
Old 6th September 2011, 18:14   #7
BHPian

Yes its better to go via jabalpur as its the shortest route, however currently nagpur jabalpur road has gone very bad specially after seoni. My folks live in jabalpur and recently did the jabalpur nagpur stretch. But i guess you would be going only after park opens in October, so hopefully they should repair the roads by then. Will update the conditions in october.
regards
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
I have something same in mind, so need your help. I have done Nagpur to Kanha and then to Bandhavgarh during May 2011. But it was by a innova booked through a travel agency.

I am planning to drive down my Honda city (ANHC) with two kids and my wife from Mumbai to Nagpur and then to Bandhavgarh.

Nagpur to Bandhavgarh via Jabalpur is the shortest route or any other shortest route available?

Thanks

Subrat
dave7377 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 17:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Nagpur-Seoni-Kanha, over 250 kms

Kanha-Mandla-Jabalpur (joining NH7 only in Jabalpur)-Katni (take NH78 towards Shahdol, till Umaria)-Umaria (leave NH78)-Bandavgarh, around 350 kms

Bandavgarh-Katni-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nagpur,
Hi,

What is the best route to go to Bandhavgarh from Mumbai. I don't intend to go to Kanha but only to either Bandhavgarh or Panna.

Actually Iam driving from mumbai towards lucknow ( shravasti) and want to explore one national park enroute. I think the closest one is Panna followed by Bandhavgarh. I would appreciate any current information available on the road condition. Google map is suggesting nh3 and Nh86. Also what's the route to be taken from Panna or Bandhavgarh for Shravasti?

Thanks for all your help.
Old 7th May 2015, 23:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Hi,

What is the best route to go to Bandhavgarh from Mumbai. I don't intend to go to Kanha but only to either Bandhavgarh or Panna.

Actually Iam driving from mumbai towards lucknow ( shravasti) and want to explore one national park enroute. I think the closest one is Panna followed by Bandhavgarh. I would appreciate any current information available on the road condition. Google map is suggesting nh3 and Nh86. Also what's the route to be taken from Panna or Bandhavgarh for Shravasti?

You could go via Indore, Bhopal, Sagar to Katni & Bandhavgarh
Old 8th May 2015, 02:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
You could go via Indore, Bhopal, Sagar to Katni & Bandhavgarh
Thank you HVKumar for a prompt response. Can you please share the road condition from Mumbai till Bandhavgarh for the above route.

Also what would be the best route from Bandhavgarh to Shravasti.

Old 8th May 2015, 10:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you HVKumar for a prompt response. Can you please share the road condition from Mumbai till Bandhavgarh for the above route.

Also what would be the best route from Bandhavgarh to Shravasti.

Outstanding till Bhopal.
Good till Sagar.
Small change in routing.
Take Sagar-Damoh-Katni, to get to Bandhavgarh
Old 9th May 2015, 17:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Outstanding till Bhopal.
Good till Sagar.
Small change in routing.
Take Sagar-Damoh-Katni, to get to Bandhavgarh
Thank you Sirji. If Iam not asking too much, can you suggest some good petrol pump and restaurant on the way?
Old 9th May 2015, 20:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Sirji. If Iam not asking too much, can you suggest some good petrol pump and restaurant on the way?
Poor facilities. NO specific recommendations.
But on the way from Bombay till Dhule, there are regular restaurants and good petrol pumps throughout.
After Dhule, look out for MPTDC at Kalghat (near Dhamnod)
Halfway between Dewas & Indore, there is a good food court.
Old 9th May 2015, 23:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Few weeks back drove to Bandhavgarh from Nagpur. Roads are good shape except a controversial patch of Mah-MP border. When you enter Bandhavgarh Buffer , road gets worse with single lane cement roads, diversions and under construction roads till the end.
But overall roads wont let you down, except Sagar-Damoh patch (Dont know much bout it).
Old 19th May 2015, 13:22   #15
BHPian

Hi All,
I am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Gurgaon and intend visiting Kanha on the way (need to visit Kanha as relatives stay there & I would lilke to take a wildlife break on the way).

May I request for road conditions specifically as my car has a low GC and the best possible route to be taken (safe & good roads - may not be the shortest).

Thanks in advance for the advice.
cheers
Sid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks