Team-BHP - Is it advisable to travel about 700 Kms to/fro after 1000 Kms before first service?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Is it advisable to travel about 700 Kms to/fro after 1000 Kms before first service? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/38288-advisable-travel-about-700-kms-fro-after-1000-kms-before-first-service.html)

Hello,
My Xeta's first service is due this coming Tuesday (15th) and there came an unexpected marriage of one family friend tomorrow and we decided to do it.

But i am not sure if we can safely go in our Xeta which is currently 10xx to 11xx. The distance would be 750 Kms maximum to and fro.

In the entire run-in period, we have been doing mostly highways keeping the RPM under 2.5K to 3K and speeds about 80 to maximum of 100. There is only about 250 Kms of City Driving so far.

I have been using Shell Normal for about 750 Kms of this period and then for the last 3xx to 4xx Kms i used Shell Super.

please: let me know if i can go ahead with the journey (starting tomorrow morning 4 AM IST) in my Xeta.

THIS IS URGENT. Thanks in advance.

No problem buddy you can go...but dont go beyond 100km/h speed because the engine is new and it needs some time to get freeee.....

go a head and enjoy the drivee.......

Yes you can. There is nothing that you SHOULD give the car for servicing at 1000 only. It can be +/- some Kms.
BTW, isn't Xeta First service is at 10,000Km?
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueDreamer (Post 793725)
But i am not sure if we can safely go in our Xeta which is currently 10xx to 11xx.

It is 1000 to 1500 Kms or 1 MONTH which ever is earlier. I missed the 1 MONTH thing already and then just crossing 1024 Kms and by the end of this journey it would be some 1800 Kms and then this would go to doctor for its 1st service checkup :)

Thanks for the help. I would maintain 80 Kmph and just filled in tank full at BPCL. Shell was closed here at 10:45 PM itself :( Was expecting it to be closing at 11 PM. Anyways no regrets.

1st service is mainly inspection, it should get over in couple of hours. How about doing the service before the trip?
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueDreamer (Post 793792)
It is 1000 to 1500 Kms or 1 MONTH which ever is earlier. I missed the 1 MONTH thing already and then just crossing 1024 Kms and by the end of this journey it would be some 1800 Kms and then this would go to doctor for its 1st service checkup :)

Well i thought to get it done today but couldnt do it. And just few hours we decided about this trip. Tomorrow is Sunday and at 4 AM no TATA service center would be open :p

bhai saab,

just chill, call a mech or the first one on the road, and disconnect the odo. like the showroom wala would've done. who knows the actual engine age may be 1200 or 2000 .. ;)

at max, change engine oil enroute as the manual would require you to. rest see what your manual would prescribe.

lol i am not worrying about the service people noticing this. I am least bothered about that part. I am just worried about the fact that this is first service of my first car in family and i just want to be sure it does no harm if i go on a tour of 750 Kms.

I don't think they will change engine oil at 1000Km. 1000Km is only inspection.
Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 793805)
at max, change engine oil enroute as the manual would require you to. rest see what your manual would prescribe.

wokay, so that sorts it out. manual is god. baaki toh sirf likha padhi hai :)

I thank everyone who helped me in decide this last moment trip. Getting ready for the trip in another 2 Hrs. Time to take a quick nap.

I am doing by NH9 and NH5 and heard road is in great condition. So if there is anything i should note, please do let me know. I will check in 2 Hrs before i leave. Thank you.

Don't worry much. Go ahead with your wedding trip.
After the trip, you'll have about 1800 on odo which is ok.

No problem Dreamer. Just drive safe. Remember, this is the run-in period; so don't redline or go above 100 kmph...

Thanks for the help. The journey went on fine. Travelogue will follow in 36 hours.

Good to hear you are back safe and so is your car. Looking forward to your travelogue. Please post some pics.