Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 20:09   #16

Re: Cochin-Goa-Mumbai-Bangalore-Cochin

Many thanks for your advice on the Thrissur>Pollachi via Allathur route, will surely take that on board when I make the trip. Thanks again!
Old 6th October 2016, 13:28   #17

Cochin to Goa in the SX4.... finally, I have managed to get hold of the missing RC for the car and now its all systems go for the long-delayed trip from Cochin to Goa in December of this year... daytime travel... any tips on best route? time taken? overnight halt required? I promise to update readers with pix and a detailed blog for this route... many thanks and look forward to hearing from you...
Old 5th June 2019, 04:40   #18

Thread has been inactive a long time.

Guys me and wifey planning to drive from Kochi to Mumbai. Anyone travelled recently through any part of these roads,

Kochi-Mangalore(because we want to go to bekel)
Mangalore-Gokarna-Goa(stay in Goa)
Goa to Mumbai.

I will be traveling in July.
Old 6th June 2019, 00:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aantoh View Post
Thread has been inactive a long time.

Guys me and wifey planning to drive from Kochi to Mumbai. Anyone travelled recently through any part of these roads,

Kochi-Mangalore(because we want to go to bekel)
Mangalore-Gokarna-Goa(stay in Goa)
Goa to Mumbai.

I will be traveling in July.
Hello Dr.Anto, this is Dr.Vivek here. Interacting with you for the first time on team-bhp. That said, I can comment for the Mangalore to Mumbai part. Hope other BHPians pitch in and give you heads up on the Cochin--Mangalore sector.

Mangalore to Goa is all good to go with a detour to Gokarna. You get a nice 4 lane road from Mangalore to Kundapur (110 kms). Kundapur onwards the road is under construction for 4 lanes with about 60% of the work being done. You will encounter umpteen diversions all the way till Karwar and beyond till Karnataka--Goa border. While the condition of the roads ( surface wise ) remains good so far, this can drastically change with the onset of monsoons that is due shortly. Mind you, this region receives very heavy rainfall, so its hard to say if the new road would hold up good by July. Karwar--Goa has always been a beautiful 2 lane undivided road year round, I can vouch on that.

Goa to Mumbai : DO NOT even considering driving on the straightforward NH 17 Goa--Mumbai highway. Presently the road is under construction for 4 lanes in the Maharashtra part. On the flip side, this is the most scenic highway in Maharashtra. The most feasible route with good road conditions from Goa to Mumbai would be Goa--Chorla ghat--Belgaum ( my hometown)--touch NH4--Kolhapur--Pune--Expressway--Mumbai. Keep a tab on this thread for Goa to Mumbai road updates - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4590847 (Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries)

Last edited by vivek95 : 6th June 2019 at 00:36.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks