Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 12:35   #1
Team-BHP Support

Route Query - Kolkata to Daltongunj

Can anybody please suggest the route for going to Daltongunj from Kolkata? Need it urgently.
Old 29th April 2008, 12:53   #2
BHPian

Routes : Kolkata - Kharagpur - Jamshedpur - Ranchi - (NH75) - Daltongunj

other option

Kolkata - Durgapur - Dhanbad - Aurangabad(Jharkhand) - Hussainabad - DaltonGunj.
thebagchi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2008, 15:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a lot @thebagchi. I think the 2nd route should be a better option. Do you have any idea about the distance?
Old 29th April 2008, 15:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

i guess its 415kms from kolkata. are you going there during the weekend? if you need highway info let me know. i will upload the files
Old 29th April 2008, 15:52   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i guess its 415kms from kolkata. are you going there during the weekend? if you need highway info let me know. i will upload the files
planning to go tomorrow night. It will be great if you can upload the files...
Old 29th April 2008, 16:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

any idea about the NH nos? IIRC - it will be NH 23 & 33. can you confirm?
Old 29th April 2008, 16:39   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
any idea about the NH nos? IIRC - it will be NH 23 & 33. can you confirm?
I thought it would be NH2 to Dhanbad. After that I have no idea..
Old 29th April 2008, 17:02   #8
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
planning to go tomorrow night.

Are you planning to go for the Betla-Netarhat travel circuit.

Was planning to go over the last weekend and would have been following this travel blog, some directions are in there itself.

Ranchi-Netarhat-Betla – The Green Triangle by Anindya Paul

and also this travel report

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Weekend

Also had a talk with Jharkand tourism over here in Kolkata and said the road was good [Best road to take is of course from the Ranchi side]. NH6, NH33 and NH75.

Some info about the road I collected

Quote:
Betla is connected by road to Daltonganj 25 Km, Ranchi 171 Km, Patna 384 Km, Hazaribagh 190 Km, Netarhat 211 Km and Calcutta 575 Km"

The nearest railhead is Daltonganj which is 25 Km. away from Betla, the center of the Forest Zone. Berwadih and Chhipadoher are also rail heads inside the reserve.

In the western side of the Reserve the Daltonganj- Ranchi state high way passes. Another P.W.D. road almost passes through reserve, which connects Daltonganj to Betla , Chhipadoher, Garu, Baresand , Mahuadar, Neterhat etc. Road traffic is all- weather from Daltonganj to Ranchi and few Buses also ply from Daltonganj to Mahuadar.

The nearest airport is Ranchi which is about 180 Km. from Daltonganj and 195 Km. from Betla and Patna airport is about 250Kms. From Betla, tourist head quarter of the Palamu Tiger reserve.

A road traverse from garu to Banari from were one can go to Ranchi, Gumla and Neterhat

As said was planning to go over this weekend but not sure of the law and order problem for night driving, dropped the travel idea till I get more information from the bus drivers who do the overnight bus journey [was planning to go to Babughat and talk to a few bus drivers over there] and instead headed to Orissa to Panchalingeshwar and Khumkote.

Last edited by adc : 29th April 2008 at 17:17.
Old 29th April 2008, 18:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

i checked the NH75 map - IMO connects gwalior to rewa (runs mostly through MP and part of JHK/BR)

uploading NH6, NH23 & NH33:-

NH6:

Route Query - Kolkata to Daltongunj-nh06.jpg

NH23:

Route Query - Kolkata to Daltongunj-nh23.jpg

NH33:

Route Query - Kolkata to Daltongunj-nh33.jpg
Old 29th April 2008, 22:47   #10
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a lot adc and planet for the info and the maps. It was almost finalised that we would go to Daltongunj tomorrow, but heat is a serious issue there. Some of our relatives stay in Daltongunj and they said that it is very hot now.
Old 30th April 2008, 00:01   #11
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i checked the NH75 map - IMO connects gwalior to rewa (runs mostly through MP and part of JHK/BR)
NH23: Chas - Gola - Ramgarh - Ranchi - Bero - Sisai - Gumla - Palkot - Kolebira - Simdega - Orissa Border -->> 250 km

NH75: From UP Border - Nagar untari - Garhwa - Daltenganj - Latehar - Chandwa - Kuru - Mandar - Ranchi - Khunti - Band Gaon - Chakradharpur - Chaibasa - Jainitgarh up to Orissa Border. -->> 447 km

NH75: Gwalior - Datia - [[U.P. Border - Alipura - Chhatarpur - Panna - Satna - Rewa - Sidhi - Bargana - UP border. -->> 600 km

This is confusing, in some maps, e.g. in mapmyindia NH 75 is there in JH and for some it is in MP. Wikepedia confuses more by showing both the routes. List of National Highways in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
It was almost finalised that we would go to Daltongunj tomorrow, but heat is a serious issue there.
Daltongunj is one of the hottest region in India, with temperatures now in the region of 42-45. Netarhat will be cooler definitely.

Last edited by adc : 30th April 2008 at 00:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks