Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2014, 20:52   #121
BHPian

Re: Route Query-Bangalore-Kollur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Reached back to Bangalore yesterday evening after the trip - thanks you Ampere and NPV for the route

--Anoop
Hey theexperthand, How much time did it take from Bangalore to Kolur and back? I am planning for a drive on 1st or the 2nd Jan.

I was planning to take this route.
Old 15th December 2014, 11:43   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carChef View Post
Hey theexperthand, How much time did it take from Bangalore to Kolur and back? I am planning for a drive on 1st or the 2nd Jan.

I was planning to take this route.
We took around 8 hours, but we did take lot of breaks in between.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 23:34   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
We took around 8 hours, but we did take lot of breaks in between.

--Anoop
Thanks a lot Anoop. That duration helps me plan my trip!
carChef is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 22:27   #124
BHPian

Friends,

I am planning for a trip to Kollur and from there to my home town Payyanur. I am considering the route
Day 1
Nelamangala - CR Patna - Arsikere - Shimoga - Hosanagar - Kollur
Q: If I want to reach Kollur by 5pm, what time I should start from Bangalore (I stay at BG Road and have easy access to NICE Rd). Please suggest good options for food and fuel
Any latest update on this road..? I am aware of only up to CR Patna, beyond that I have no clues. If trying this is not worth, please let me know if there is any alternative.

Booked accomodation at Hotel Abimon and my other family members will join there from home town.

Day 2:
Kollur - Maravanthe - Kundapura - Mangalore - Kasaragod - Payyanur

I am aware of Mangalore - Kasaragod stretch which is not good for years or atleast for the last 18years. Kasaragod - Payyanur is no issues. But I am completely unaware of the condition about Kollur - Maravanthe - Kundapura. Any update on this..? ( I am planning to take this just to see if I can have a visit to the Maravanthe beach)

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 18th December 2014, 10:22   #125
BHPian

BLR - Gokarna - Kollur - Kukke

Dear friends -

I'm planning to start to Gokarna tomorrow early morning from Bangalore.
Can someone who knows the route condition advise me on the best possible route I can plan.

Day1. Bangalore - Gokarna - Kollur (Stay)
Day2. Kollur - Murudeshwar - Udupi (Stay)
Day3. Udupi - Kukke Subramanya - Bangalore

This is my tentative plan. I've already arranged for stay and now negotiating the routes.

Can someone guide me with right route.
Thanks in Advance,
~ Chandra
Old 18th December 2014, 10:56   #126
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Day 1
Nelamangala - CR Patna - Arsikere - Shimoga - Hosanagar - Kollur
Q: If I want to reach Kollur by 5pm, what time I should start from Bangalore (I stay at BG Road and have easy access to NICE Rd). Please suggest good options for food and fuel
Any latest update on this road..? I am aware of only up to CR Patna, beyond that I have no clues. If trying this is not worth, please let me know if there is any alternative.
The CR Patna-Arsikere road is good, recent update Here. Hardly any food break options between CR Patna-Arsikere.
You can stop between Nelamangala-CR Patna (some options are Swathi Delicacy/Adigas Grand near Yediyur or Mayura, Bellur Cross).
Or Coffee Day Arsikere.
Alternative routes for Shimoga are:
Tumkur-turn off to NH 206-Tiptur-Arsikere-Shimoga or Tumkur-Chitradurga (on NH 4)-turn off to NH13-Hollalakere-Shimoga.

Last edited by NPV : 18th December 2014 at 10:59.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 11:10   #127
Team-BHP Support

Re: BLR - Gokarna - Kollur - Kukke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras View Post
Day1. Bangalore - Gokarna - Kollur (Stay)
Bangalore-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarana. (thats the fastest and cleanest option. You should be there by 2/3PM with a 4AM start)

Gokarana-Kumta-Honnavar-Baindur-Kollur

Kollur-Baindur road is quite broken I think.
What I would suggest is stay visit and stay at Murdeshwar on Day 1. Its closer to Gokarna too and on the way. Next day visit Kollur and go to Udupi.

Murdeshwar-Baindir-Kollur
Kollur-Vandse-Ampar-Kundapur-Udupi

Quote:
Day3. Udupi - Kukke Subramanya - Bangalore
Udupi-Karkala-Bajagoli-Belthangady-Uppinangady-Gundya-Kukke
Kukke-Gundya-Sakleshpur-Hassan-Bangalore
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 15:20   #128
BHPian

Thanks Ampere.

1. Isn't Haveri - yellapura not good. Should I go to Hubli ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Bangalore-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarana. (thats the fastest and cleanest option. You should be there by 2/3PM with a 4AM start)

Gokarana-Kumta-Honnavar-Baindur-Kollur

Kollur-Baindur road is quite broken I think.
What I would suggest is stay visit and stay at Murdeshwar on Day 1. Its closer to Gokarna too and on the way. Next day visit Kollur and go to Udupi.

Murdeshwar-Baindir-Kollur
Kollur-Vandse-Ampar-Kundapur-Udupi

Udupi-Karkala-Bajagoli-Belthangady-Uppinangady-Gundya-Kukke
Is this route between Kukke and Bangalore good now?

Thanks again Ampere for your suggestion. I will stick by it.
Old 18th December 2014, 15:32   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras View Post
1. Isn't Haveri - yellapura not good. Should I go to Hubli ?
Not worth it I would say. You wont save time, thanks to rough roads.

Quote:
Is this route between Kukke and Bangalore good now?
Kukke-Gundya : Is very good.
Gudya-Shiradi-Sakleshpur: Patched rough roads. Look at Bangalore-Managlore thread for the latest.

In case you get delayed and want to stay at Kukke: Vijay Comforts is a good one.
Old 26th December 2014, 13:02   #130
BHPian

Drove to Kollur on 24th Dec'15. I took the Bangalore - CR Patna - Arsekere - Bhadravati - Shimoga - Hosanagar - Kollur (Total ~480km)
The road till Hosanagar / Nagar is in great condition. We were got diverted to the town at Bhadravati as there some blockage in the Byepass. Except this stretch, all were fine till Nagar.

Once we took the right turn at Nagar towards Kollur, the road started getting smaller and smaller, and no road at many places. Work is going on at many places and the road shoulders are also very deep. You need to be cautious if driving small cars.

There are road work going on at many places. Re-tarring and patchwork is in progress too

The last 4-5kms before Kollur are concreted till the brim of the road, again be sure that you are not reaching to the edges while negotiating the turns or giving sides to other vehicles

Last edited by RajeshK : 26th December 2014 at 13:03.
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 18:50   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Drove to Kollur on 24th Dec'15. I took the Bangalore - CR Patna - Arsekere - Bhadravati - Shimoga - Hosanagar - Kollur (Total ~480km)
The road till Hosanagar / Nagar is in great condition. We were got diverted to the town at Bhadravati as there some blockage in the Byepass. Except this stretch, all were fine till Nagar.

Once we took the right turn at Nagar towards Kollur, the road started getting smaller and smaller, and no road at many places. Work is going on at many places and the road shoulders are also very deep. You need to be cautious if driving small cars.

There are road work going on at many places. Re-tarring and patchwork is in progress too

The last 4-5kms before Kollur are concreted till the brim of the road, again be sure that you are not reaching to the edges while negotiating the turns or giving sides to other vehicles
Hi All ;

Though I know this thread is dead for a long time but still I would like some guidance from Bhpian's
We are planning to leave for Kollur early morning from Bangalore and want to do all the 5 holy places Hornadu , Shringeri , Dharmasthala , and finally Kukke and back to Bangalore Leaving tomorrow morning
And Back by Thursday evening , pls suggest routes , alternate must visit places etc , counting on all of you my esteemed friends btw going on my Ford Ecosports , Titanium , TDCI ODO reading 5K kms , me my wife and a kid of 13 yrs old

Last edited by kkat : 12th August 2016 at 18:52. Reason: Forgot to mention my car
Old 12th August 2016, 19:06   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Though I know this thread is dead for a long time but still I would like some guidance from Bhpian's
Its dead for a long time because:

All the action happens here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ueries-13.html (Bangalore to Kollur Mookambika : Route Queries)

Bangalore-Kollur : Bangalore-Shimoga-Ayannur-Ripponpete-Hosanagar-Nagar-Nittur-Kollur

Kollur-Vandse-Ampar-Someshwar-Agumbe-Sringeri

Sringeri-Bajagoli-Belthangady-Ujire-Dharmastala

Most Viewed