Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2008, 11:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Is this the newly opened hotel, opp Kairali Theatre?
If by newly you mean 1 or 2 years ago, yes. The others seem to have been there for ever

There is a theatre opposite to it, dont recall if it was kairali

Last edited by greenhorn : 16th May 2008 at 11:21.
Old 16th May 2008, 11:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
KTDC Chaitram sounds like a nice option due to proximity to Central and KSRTC.
And since they are veggies (proper TamBrams), Ariya Nivas would also be good.

Any hotels with swimming pool, that you guys are aware of ?
Supreme, I think Pankaj hotel has a roof top swimming pool.

Food will not be a problem, if they stay in either of these hotels. There is a very famous pure veg AC restaurant, very next to Hotel Pankaj. I think the name is Arya Bhavan or something similar to that! It used to be my favourite joint! Simply loved their Custard Apple Shake!!!

If they decide to stay in Hotel Chaithram, they will be able to find atleast 15 pure veg restaurants on the street. There are also two theatres next to Chaithram.
Old 16th May 2008, 11:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
If by newly you mean 1 or 2 years ago, yes. The others seem to have been there for ever

Yes, the hotel is 5+ years old. The theatres are Kairali and Sree! The theatre manager was my best friend's father. I must have watched about 250 films free of cost!!!

Supreme, this hotel is not in a junction. It is on the way to the railway station and bus stand (both are about 0.5 km away).
Old 16th May 2008, 11:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

One suggestion!

Supreme, I have a suggestion. If your friend and family are going to be in TVM for a week, it will get boring, staying inside the busy city.

Why don't you ask them to consider staying at Kovalam Beach??? It is one of the best beaches in India. I started my honeymoon there.

We then went on to travel about 15,000 kilometres more, during the rest of our honeymoon!!!

The reason why I suggest Kovalam is that, it is near to the city. Your friend can hire a cab or even travel by KSRTC bus (about Rs. 7 per head)to the city and finish off all the sight seeing in two days flat. The rest of the time he can use to visit Ponmudi, Varkala beach, etc.

It will be nice if he makes Kovalam his base point!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 16th May 2008 at 11:52.
Old 16th May 2008, 12:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

I did suggest this to them, since I also think the Kovalam beach is a pretty good one. But they prefer to stay in TVM - I think because they have some relatives in the city. So I left it at that.

BTW, I checked the website of Pankaj hotel, but no mention of roof-top pool. They do mention a roof-top restaurant.
Old 16th May 2008, 12:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Oye green.... that hotel has been there since 2001 Yep the theater opposite to it is the Kairali & Sree combo.
Old 16th May 2008, 13:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

yup, i remembered going there quite a while ago, but my memory was a bit foggy. 2006 was when i can recall last going there for sure , and him saying "newly" confused me even further. I must be getting old
Old 16th May 2008, 15:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
The reason why I suggest Kovalam is that, it is near to the city. Your friend can hire a cab or even travel by KSRTC bus (about Rs. 7 per head)to the city and finish off all the sight seeing in two days flat. The rest of the time he can use to visit Ponmudi, Varkala beach, etc.

It will be nice if he makes Kovalam his base point!
Ponmudi & Varkala is pretty far from Kovalam. Add another 20km from the distance to either of these two places from Trivandrum.

And there is nothing else to do in Kovalam other than spending the time at the beach.

If your friends stay inside Tvm they can while away the time at Shangumugham beach, or Museum, or Kanakakunnu palace or Veli or stroll around the city or visit the temples etc etc. Spend one evening if need be at Kovalam. There is nothing much to do there. And during off season time it is gonna be a sleepy place.
Old 17th May 2008, 12:38   #24
BHPian

Hotel Classic Avenue is a newly opened hotel, at Manjalikulam road Thampanoor. It has a roof top swimming pool.

Classic Avenue Hotel Trivandrum, Kerala : Facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
KTDC Chaitram sounds like a nice option due to proximity to Central and KSRTC.
And since they are veggies (proper TamBrams), Ariya Nivas would also be good.

Any hotels with swimming pool, that you guys are aware of ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks