Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: One ways in Central Bangalore ??

Thanks a lot to all for your replies

I went through the Mekhri circle option at 5.30 am without any problems, there are very clear signs marked all through. As Rjstyles mentions, at BHEL circle there is a small left turn and a U turn to be taken immediately thereafter.

I reached Mumbai (Vashi) at 20.00 hrs with a couple of half hour breaks in between.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:52   #17
BHPian

One of my friends need to go form Bellandur Jn to Forum, Koramangala everyday. I know there is no direct bus in this route. From bellandur we need to go to either Iblur Jn on ORR or Agara Jn . Can anyone please let me know the buses available from Iblur Jn or Agara Jn to Forum?
Old 18th November 2012, 11:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
One of my friends need to go form Bellandur Jn to Forum, Koramangala everyday. I know there is no direct bus in this route. From bellandur we need to go to either Iblur Jn on ORR or Agara Jn . Can anyone please let me know the buses available from Iblur Jn or Agara Jn to Forum?
There should be a Big 10 service for Sarjapur road, which should work out.
But check out timings and frequency.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 11:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Yes, from Bellandur Jn (Where Central Mall is located) there is no direct bus to Forum. From Iblur or Agara, you get 342 series that goes to Majestic from Sarjapur. These go via St. Johns hospital and Dairy Circle. Even you get the ones going towards Kalasipalayam (Market). There is no Volvo buses, but a couple of Marcopolos, but frequency is less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There should be a Big 10 service for Sarjapur road, which should work out.
But check out timings and frequency.
Big 10 buses take a deviation from Koramangala 1st block and go towards Sony world signal and further to MG road via Vivek nagar.

Last edited by bejoy : 18th November 2012 at 12:01. Reason: typo
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 08:24   #20
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on the Mekhri circle-Yeshwanthpur road:
After JN Tata Auditorium (just before IISC entrance) road is diverted to left to join the MLA college road from Malleshwaram. A little ahead, before Maramma temple you need to make a U turn and get into the partially complete underpass and emerge out along the IISC boundary wall (you will be on right side of the divided road so enjoy US style driving!). At the next signal (Mathikere junction) you will have to criss-cross to the left side of the road and proceed toward Yeshwanthpur junction.
On the return leg, you will be driving on right side of the road after Mathikere junction signal, continue onto the muddy & bumpy service road beside the underpass (alongside BHEL boundary wall) then make a left turn to get back towards IISC and JN Tata auditorium.

Last edited by NPV : 13th December 2012 at 08:27.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed