Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Will Check That Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Ramkya Sir, If you can replan a little bit then you can have a night stay at Punnami Hill Resort in Horseley Hills. It is very near to Madanapalle / NH205. You can hit NH7 either at Anantapur or Kurnool from there. I am sure you will enjoy the night stay there.

Chittoor - Palamner (take right) - Madanapalle (road conditions are great)

IF you start early you can easily do Palakkad - Horseley Hills in daylight.

Abhi
Hai,

Thanks for the information, never thought about this possibility.

Will check it out and see if feasible. Actually I will have to spend time at Mettur, have some relatives, will spend lunch time there, so 2-3 hours would be gone there.

---------
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Outstanding idea, and Horsley Hills is also supposed to be a hill station. But Ramky, you are likely to reach Chitoor itself quite late.
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Hyderabad via NH7 Banglore->Anantapur-->Kurnool-->Hyderabad is the shortest in my opinion.

You will encounter some road works on the way, but most of the Anantapur-kurnool-hyderabad stretch has very good flat-top roads. with Diversons every 3 to 10kms.

Start early ( 5:00am ) from Bangalore and you should be able to hit Anatapur by around 8:30am, Kurnool by 12:00noon, Hyderabad by around 3:00pm. Bear in mind that the Anatapur-Hyderabad stretch will be very hot during the daytime...

You can do Bangalore-Hyderabad in 10hrs. I did this stretch in the 1st week of May'08.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:04   #19

Road condition from Chittoor to Hyderabad

On 21st May 2008, I had travelled through Chittoor - Hyderabad while driving from Chennai. I hadn't kept detailed log because I was driving alone and it took me 12 hours from Chennai to Hyderabad (6 AM to 6 PM) in my 2002 model Wagon R. Road condition is decent from Chittor till Kurnool (370 Kms). After Kurnool, lot of construction work is going on till Hyderabad and you must look out for diversions every 3-4 kms and be extra cautious while overtaking.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:10   #20
BHPian

Bangalore-Hyd route via Anantapur/Kurnool is pretty much okay,apart from some patches where they are widening the roads. IMHO, it'd be better for you to take that route than coming to chittoor. And remember, these areas do have hilly terrains,and AP roads though well surfaced, u'll have a steady traffic of truckies, and u might not make the desired progress. So keep that in mind while planning.

Vellore does have CMC, and is a pretty good town though, and you might be able to find descent hotels there too, but as far Chittor goes,u have to choose from the two hotels i've mentioned earlier.

Horsely hills might prove to be longer than planned de-tour I gues. And Being season,it would do good to check the availability in advance.
Even Chittor hotel could be filled due to the Mangoe/Granite traders as now is the season for that.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Will check it out and see if feasible. Actually I will have to spend time at Mettur, have some relatives, will spend lunch time there, so 2-3 hours would be gone there.

---------
In that case, I would suggest not to take CHittor route. Halt at Hosur (Hotel Rennaisance is good). Next day early morning take Hosur - Blr - Hyd route.

I find no reason to halt at Chittoor which is much hotter than Blr side.

You can take your time with relatives at Mettur and can leisurely drive down to Hosur.

Abhi
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Outstanding idea, and Horsley Hills is also supposed to be a hill station. But Ramky, you are likely to reach Chitoor itself quite late.
ya, I did this in 2006. My travelogue is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ley-hills.html

Abhi
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Isnt it a shorter route to come from palakkad to Bangalore via mysore rather than via Hosur ?
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In that case, I would suggest not to take CHittor route. Halt at Hosur (Hotel Rennaisance is good). Next day early morning take Hosur - Blr - Hyd route.

I find no reason to halt at Chittoor which is much hotter than Blr side.
You can take your time with relatives at Mettur and can leisurely drive down to Hosur.
Abhi
Hai Abi,

I am seriously thinking of your suggestions, if I do this, I'd save some KMs of running and spend some time in CBE also with some relatives.

How good is the hotel, Renaisance at Hosur?

Or is there some decent hotel soon as I cross over to Kranataka?

If I start early from Hosur, say 4 AM, I can beat the Bangalore traffic and hit NH 7 and be in Hyderabad by 3/4 pm.

--Ramky
==========
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How good is the hotel, Renaisance at Hosur?
It is the best in hosur and bang on NH7 after Hosur flyover (before Hosur flyover if coming from Kgiri and opp side)

Quote:
Or is there some decent hotel soon as I cross over to Kranataka?
I dont know much. I know of Hotel Ramee guest line which comes on your left after crossing Attibele.

Quote:
If I start early from Hosur, say 4 AM, I can beat the Bangalore traffic and hit NH 7 and be in Hyderabad by 3/4 pm.

--Ramky
==========
Yes, if you are starting at 4AM then you can take Silkboard and onto ring road. Silkboard - SarjapurRoad signal - Krpuram - hebbal take right. Entire route is marked with NH4/7 directions (which u might have seen in your previous trip)

You can easily reach Hyd by 4PM. Just make sure you are a bit careful in KN side. 4 laning ends after Devanahalli and road construction activities in on but you will reach there in morning itself so no problem.

Abhi
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Did a booking at the Hotel

Abi,

Just booked into the hotel, Renaissance, telephonically. They said about 1000/- for the night all told with the extra bed. Attebelle is is about 3 K !!!!!!!!!!

Will check the route out of Bangalore, will PM you like last time, if I get into trouble or get confused about the route from Hosur out.

Tnx, --Ramky
===========
Old 23rd May 2008, 18:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Diriving Inside Banagalore

Quote:
It is the best in hosur and bang on NH7 after Hosur flyover (before Hosur flyover if coming from Kgiri and opp side)

Yes, if you are starting at 4AM then you can take Silkboard and onto ring road. Silkboard - SarjapurRoad signal - Krpuram - hebbal take right. Entire route is marked with NH4/7 directions (which u might have seen in your previous trip)

Abhi
Hai Aby and others,

Pl. give me some driving direction from Silk Board to Hebbal, I googled from Hosur to silk board and then from Hebbal I can find the NH 7. Its the inside Bangalore driving that's the worrysome part.

If I start early from Hosur about 4 AM will I be able to beat the traffic inside Bangalore to exit cleanly out or do I have to start earlier?

--Ramky

========
Old 23rd May 2008, 18:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ramky,

> Attebelle is is about 3 K !!!!!!!!!!

I am sure you mean the Guest line rate. When it opened it was around 500 or 600. I have stayed there and it is a lovely place to stay. The food is so so or at least it was.

Last I checked (about 2 years back) it was 3500!!

Happy journey!
Old 23rd May 2008, 18:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Ramky,

> Attebelle is is about 3 K !!!!!!!!!!
I am sure you mean the Guest line rate. When it opened it was around 500 or 600. I have stayed there and it is a lovely place to stay. The food is so so or at least it was.

Last I checked (about 2 years back) it was 3500!!

Happy journey!
Yes, its about 3 K + tax would be about 3.5, we get a corporate discount .

Mine is just a whistle stop for the night and don't want to spend 3 K for sleeping out.

--
Old 26th May 2008, 13:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Happens Only In Tbhp!!!!!!!

I need to say this,

The gang here rocks........

Based on the inputs of people I've changed my plan to go thro Bangalore to Hyderabad instead of Chittor, will save me about 100 kms and lots of time.

The response to my PM about how to get out of Bangalore from Silk Board Jn to Hebbal is also amazing..... I was very worried getting trapped inside the traffic here and losing time, now with the full information, its a load off my mind. I have almost turn by turn navigation instructions from you guys.

Can this happen anywhere else other than TBHP for Indian Roads, I doubt it?

Three cheers to the gang!!!!!!!!!

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

=========

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks