Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hotels In Chittor, Ap.

Hai TBHpers,

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Chittor, AP, after the Tamil Nadu border for a one night stay. Place should be decent with a decent car park. I'll be on my way to Hyderabad from Kerala and will do a night halt here.

Someone recommended a hotel called Sindhu towers as the best there; is this OK for a family stay? There are other hotels like Bhimas Residency, Fortune Kences, Bhimas Paradise, Bliss, Mayura and Kalyan. Which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

--Arkz
===========
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Bhimas are decent for family accomodations. I have stayed in Bhimas in Tirupathi and found it quite nice. When are you in Hyderabad?
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad On 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Bhimas are decent for family accomodations. I have stayed in Bhimas in Tirupathi and found it quite nice. When are you in Hyderabad?
Hai Mobike,

Thanks for that lightning reply. My plan:

June - 1st Ahmedabad - Belgaum - stay
2nd Belgaum - Kundapura - stay
3rd Kundapura - Udipi - Palakkad - stay
4th to 10th - Kerala
11th Kerala - Chittor
12th Chittor - Hyderabad
13th Hyderabad
14th - Hyderabad- Aurangabad
15th - Aurangabad
16th - Aurangabad - Ahmedabad.

Will check out Bhimas thro friends in Karnool.

--Ramky
==========
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

All Hotels In Tirumala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai TBHpers,

There are other hotels like Bhimas Residency, Fortune Kences, Bhimas Paradise, Bliss, Mayura and Kalyan. Which would you recommend?
Just found out thro a call to Bhimas, all these hotels are in Tirumala, way off Chittoor. That would be a detour off my track.

So...... any suggestions of hotels in Chittor proper.

-Ramky
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just found out thro a call to Bhimas, all these hotels are in Tirumala, way off Chittoor. That would be a detour off my track.

So...... any suggestions of hotels in Chittor proper.

-Ramky
That would be Tirupathi as Tirumala is on the hills. No idea about the hotels in chittor, though!
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:37   #6
BHPian

Try this one APTDC.

APTDC :: Accommodation : High-Way Resort
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:52   #7
rkg
Senior - BHPian

do you have any specific work or reason to go to chittoor? because to reach Hyd from kerala you need not go through Chittoor. tirupati is better .it is only 65 Km from chittoor.
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Only For A Night Halt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
do you have any specific work or reason to go to chittoor? because to reach Hyd from kerala you need not go through Chittoor. tirupati is better .it is only 65 Km from chittoor.
Hai RKG,

I've been to Tirupati and is not on my list this time, Tirupati would zap a lot of my time and is a litttle lopp off my track. I plan to do the East Coast sometime next year, than perhaps.

I have to reach Hyderabad from Palakkad. I thought the shortest and fastest is through, Bhavani, Mettur, Krishnagiri, NH42/ Vellor, Katpadi and Chittor. By then it would be night time and would take a halt. Pushig ot Cuddapah would be night driving, and the area is a little dicey with known Naxal problems. So the halt at Chittor.

I've explored alterntive routes, they seem slower and road conditionsa re not good. From Chittor to Hyderabad would be cuddapah, Karnool, join the NH7 to Hyderabad.

Are there any other routes which are better? I'd be grateful for some pointers.

Another alternative would be for a night halt at Vellore, but then I thougth I'd push on from there till Chittor, about 60 Kms.

--Ramky
============

Last edited by ramkya1 : 23rd May 2008 at 10:28.
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hai RKG,

I've been to Tirupati and is not on my list this time, Tirupati would zap a lot of my time and is a litttle lopp off my track. I plan to do the East Coast sometime next year, than perhaps.

I have to reach Hyderabad from Palakkad. I thought the shortest and fastest is through, Bhavani, Mettur, Krishnagiri, NH42/ Vellor, Katpadi and Chittor. By then it would be night time and would take a halt. Pushig ot Cuddapah would be night driving, and the area is a little dicey with known Naxal problems. So the halt at Chittor.

I've explored alterntive routes, they seem slower and road conditionsa re not good. From Chittor to Hyderabad would be cuddapah, Karnool, join the NH7 to Hyderabad.

Are there any other routes which are better? I'd be grateful for some pointers.

Another alternative would be for a night halt at Vellore, but then I thougth I'd push on from there till Chittor, about 60 Kms.

--Ramky
============
In Chittoor , You try BANS the Hotel. Tariffs range from 1250 to 3500. You'll be surprised to note the kind of facilities they have there.

Sindhu also is decent, at around 750/rs for an ac room.

All other hotels u mentioned are at tirupati, 80 km from chittoor.

PM me if u require any help in these parts of AP. I'd be able to do pretty much anything u require here.

And while you are at Chittoor,stock on some Mangoes, you get some of the best variety mangoes in the country. And this is the season too.

OT: I am also mighty confused as to why you should come to chittoor when you are doing Palakkad-Hyderabad. Take the Puttaparthi-Ananthapur-Kurnool route from Bangalore, which will prove to be much shorter.Or do you have any specific business at chittoor?

And Asfar as Cuddapah goes,pls dont go by Telugu Movies, Naxalism is not that prevalent here (But Factionism is,mind you). But I don't see any reason why you should be worried. And moreover, why do you need to touch cuddapah,when you are doing Palakkad-Hyderabad. Kindly take inputs and chalk out your routes properly
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks For Those Inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
In Chittoor , You try BANS the Hotel. Tariffs range from 1250 to 3500. You'll be surprised to note the kind of facilities they have there.

Sindhu also is decent, at around 750/rs for an ac room.

All other hotels u mentioned are at tirupati, 80 km from chittoor.

PM me if u require any help in these parts of AP. I'd be able to do pretty much anything u require here.

And while you are at Chittoor,stock on some Mangoes, you get some of the best variety mangoes in the country. And this is the season too.

OT: I am also mighty confused as to why you should come to chittoor when you are doing Palakkad-Hyderabad. Take the Puttaparthi-Ananthapur-Kurnool route from Bangalore, which will prove to be much shorter.Or do you have any specific business at chittoor?

And Asfar as Cuddapah goes,pls dont go by Telugu Movies, Naxalism is not that prevalent here (But Factionism is,mind you). But I don't see any reason why you should be worried. And moreover, why do you need to touch cuddapah,when you are doing Palakkad-Hyderabad. Kindly take inputs and chalk out your routes properly
Hai,

Thanks for that valuable inputs. Maybe I need to re-jig my plans compleately. I thought the shortest to Hyderabad would be thro. Chittor, let me look at the maps and see which is shortest. I wanted to avoid Bangalore altogether since I would get stuck there in traffic.

I have NO OTHER business in Chittor excelt as a halt point. Please suggest route, what you think is best.

--Ramky

=========
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:12   #11
rkg
Senior - BHPian

as per mapmyindia palakkad to hyderabad via banaglore is 938 Km

Via chittoor it will be 1040 KM

it is better to go via bangalore. just get into ORR .
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Chittor It Is

Quote:
as per mapmyindia palakkad to hyderabad via banaglore is 938 Km

Via chittoor it will be 1040 KM

RKG,

I checked out the maps, I have satguide on my PDA and have also checked other maps and posts here. The fastest ride would be to avoid Bangalore. Though the Chittor route is longer by 108 Kms, it would be the fastest ride.

The alternatives NH7 or 205 are all time zappers up to Anantapur; the fastest as of now is this route thro Chittor. I am also avoiding the NH 219 thro palmaneer based on inputs from here and taking instead the Krishnagiri -Vellore - Katpadi - Chittor route, which is reported to be better and faster. Any latest update on this route is welcome.

So I'd be staying at Chittor for the night. Will buzz you if I come across any problems. Thanks for the offer.

--Ramky
==============
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:

ORR is no good. Just avoid bigger cities.
I guess it would be via Hosur.
Then it is a long way through ORR, otherwise, I guess there is a highway which goes towards Devanahalli from Hosur side(remember seeing that in a map) never tried it. That might be a good option instead of ORR.
but donot know the state of that road, or even if that exists.
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:31   #14
BHPian

[quote=ramkya1;839951]
So I'd be staying at Chittor for the night. Will buzz you if I come across any problems. Thanks for the offer.
Vellor also might be a good place to stay.
Is is a reasonably big town, with a famous medical college etc. So expecting some decent hotels there.
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ramkya Sir, If you can replan a little bit then you can have a night stay at Punnami Hill Resort in Horseley Hills. It is very near to Madanapalle / NH205. You can hit NH7 either at Anantapur or Kurnool from there. I am sure you will enjoy the night stay there.

Chittoor - Palamner (take right) - Madanapalle (road conditions are great)

IF you start early you can easily do Palakkad - Horseley Hills in daylight.

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks