Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2008, 13:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I just recently did a trip to shimoga n theerthally
The road between shimoga n theerthally is really good ..
Yeah. I am familiar with the Thirthalli-Agumbe route. Not sure of the road conditions beyond. So I will probably stick to NH63.
Old 17th June 2008, 00:37   #17

Thankyou

Thankyou very much Nitin and Ravi. I am travelling in 2nd or 3rd week of July. I will let you know my exprience once I am back.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 28th December 2009, 18:09   #18

Hyderabad to Udipi and Back

Hello There

We just drove to Udipi from Hyderabad on the Scorpio on 24th Dec 2009 and it was a bad and good experience!. We took the Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Hospet-Shimoga-Agumbe-Thirthahalli route. We covered 777Kms in about 14 hours with liberal halts! The drive from Hospet to Udipi was horrible. The roads are in horrible state. Added to this was the heavy truck traffic. I would not recommend this route at all.

On the return, we took the Ankola-Hubli-Hospet-Gadag-Raichur-Mahbubnagar route. This route increased the driving distance by about 100kms but was really excellent. The roads were good, except for occasional unmarked neck-breakers!. The truck traffic on the Ankola-Hubli was a little painful, but manageable. We had lunch at Gadag (Hotel Ayodhya - opp. to Bus Stand). It was good. At Hospet (after crossing Hospet Steels Ltd), look for the railway gate on the left hand side. This is the SH63. After driving for about 5KMS, you would reach a X Road. Take a right turn to reach Raichur.

Happy Driving.

Sridhar
Old 29th December 2009, 09:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

While going from Hyderabad which route did you take from Hospet did you go via Harihar or Chitradurga to Shimoga.While coming back after Gadag you reach a place called Koppal from here you have a short cut route to Gangawathi through Golguppa cross without touching Hospet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks