Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 10:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Take the regular NH7 to Electronic City, hop on to NICE road and then take the Mysore road. Much easier to drive.
Buddy, but will I avoid the Bangalore trafiic? Ring roads, square roads? Anything will help? Any turns or right? Pls elaborate on the route. Thanks.

Last edited by aargee : 8th April 2010 at 10:54.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:57   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Buddy, but will I avoid the Bangalore trafiic? Ring roads, square roads? Anything will help?
You will hop on NICE road before you hit the traffic.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You will hop on NICE road before you hit the traffic.
Ok, took a while & Google map to figure out things. Thanks. So should I take or avoid the new elevated bridge when coming from Hosur to get into NICE ring road? Or is there a provision in the elevated bridge for me to keep left & hit the NICE road?
Old 8th April 2010, 11:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, took a while & Google map to figure out things. Thanks. So should I take or avoid the new elevated bridge when coming from Hosur to get into NICE ring road? Or is there a provision in the elevated bridge for me to keep left & hit the NICE road?
Agree with Ampere,NICE road is your best bet,took the same circuit last week and its the easiest to get onto Mysore road.

Do not take the elevated road when coming from Hosur road,there is a different turn off for the NICE Road,elevated road has no roads connecting to it except the exit and entry.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:17   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Agree with Ampere,NICE road is your best bet,took the same circuit last week and its the easiest to get onto Mysore road.

Do not take the elevated road when coming from Hosur road,there is a different turn off for the NICE Road,elevated road has no roads connecting to it except the exit and entry.
As Ranjit said, dont take the elevated road, else you will land up in the city .
There is no connection between elevated road and the Nice road at the junction. Take the normal route. Even the normal route does not have heavy traffic, since its got divided due to the elevated road.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:14   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the new elevated tollway doesnt touch the NICE road at all.
coming from Hosur/ Electronic city go below the elevated road and stay on the left. a bit later - say a km or so, you will see another ramp going to the left, which will lead you to the NICE Road.

Quote:
Old 8th April 2010, 14:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys Ranjit, Ampere & Shankar; I'll follow your guide. Appreciate if you can help me with the route on Mysore-Coorg on the other thread.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:53   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you guys Ranjit, Ampere & Shankar; I'll follow your guide. Appreciate if you can help me with the route on Mysore-Coorg on the other thread.
Hit ORR once you touch Mysore road (You need to take right at the Mysore road ORR signal). Then you need to take the Hunsur road. Its very good, newly laid. Once past Hunsur you drive till Kushalnagar where you can see the Buddhist settlements. And then onwards drive to Madikeri via Suntikoppal.

Options for break: A new CCD at Hunsur.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Where in coorg do you want to go ?
Old 8th April 2010, 15:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Where in coorg do you want to go ?
Aargee,

Thats a good question that Fortuner asked. Thats because based on where you want to go, you may need to change route from Hunsur. The one which I described is for Medikeri. For places like Virajpet, its a different route from Hunsur.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the new elevated tollway doesnt touch the NICE road at all.
coming from Hosur/ Electronic city go below the elevated road and stay on the left. a bit later - say a km or so, you will see another ramp going to the left, which will lead you to the NICE Road.
Just want to emphasise that while you are coming from Hosur, as soon as you reach Electronics City, shift to the left most lane (service road).

This is very important because the service road is separated from the main road by metal barricades. If you keep driving on the main road, you will miss the entry to NICE road. By the time you spot the road signs, it may be too late to switch lanes.

Rohan
Old 8th April 2010, 19:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
This is very important because the service road is separated from the main road by metal barricades. If you keep driving on the main road, you will miss the entry to NICE road. By the time you spot the road signs, it may be too late to switch lanes.
There are no signages to take service road to reach NICE road?
Old 8th April 2010, 19:40   #43
Team-BHP Support

Once you cross the electronic city crossing (the place where elevated road starts), shift to the service road. Very soon you should notice the NICE road. Its not that far (max 2Km).
Old 8th April 2010, 19:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Options for break: A new CCD at Hunsur.
Fantastic tip man. Appreciate it - WILL get in definetly.

Rohan. I'll keep to extreme left, I got an idea from Google maps.

@Fortuner - Well, I'm under the impression that coorg is just one big mountain, sorry if I sound crazy. Anyways, I'm still trying to find an accomodation on Coorg, so it depends on that. If I don't get one, then I'll need to hunt one in Madikeri. Does this sounds ok or more refinement required? Pls let me know & I'll try to get more clarity. Tks.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic tip man. Appreciate it - WILL get in definetly.

Rohan. I'll keep to extreme left, I got an idea from Google maps.

@Fortuner - Well, I'm under the impression that coorg is just one big mountain, sorry if I sound crazy. Anyways, I'm still trying to find an accomodation on Coorg, so it depends on that. If I don't get one, then I'll need to hunt one in Madikeri. Does this sounds ok or more refinement required? Pls let me know & I'll try to get more clarity. Tks.
In Coorg you have different places like Virajpet, Shuntikoppa, Madikeri, etc And I have contacts in Coorg who can arrange for a stay for you depending on your choice & budget [Home stay/Hotel]

Last edited by abhinav.s : 8th April 2010 at 19:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks