Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 11:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue & pics GD. So the total time spent at the actual "sasuraal" was only 6 hours or so? Lol
Old 13th June 2008, 11:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

It better looks likes a "Mythological trip" rather then a "Sasural Trip"

Nice pics an travelogue GD !!
Old 13th June 2008, 12:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Suman & Ashish. If you actually calculate the time spent at 'sasural' it works out less than that probably. The Almighty at those temples and at the Dargah have been generously benevolent on my family and me, hence the mythological trip.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
The Almighty at those temples and at the Dargah have been generously benevolent on my family and me, hence the mythological trip.
And that's how it should be.

OT: Sorry for not seeing you this morning mate but, like you, I don't look out for males standing by themselves. Had it been the Scorpio, well, I would have definitely noticed the distinctive monster with those blinders on the roof & the monstrous AT tyres
Old 15th June 2008, 20:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wondeful Travelogue Guru Bhai !! Nice Pics.
Old 16th June 2008, 11:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mate..twenty characters..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Wondeful Travelogue Guru Bhai !! Nice Pics.
Old 28th December 2013, 00:56   #22
BHPian

Gurgaon To Jodhpur

Hi ,

I am planning a trip to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer next week. I have been reading online that the current condition of NH 8 is not that great due to ongoing construction , so was wondering if there are any alternate routes.

Google maps suggests these :

Gurgaon - Jodhpur : Route Queries-route.jpg

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 07:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
Hi , I am planning a trip to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer next week. I have been reading online that the current condition of NH 8 is not that great due to ongoing construction , so was wondering if there are any alternate routes. Google maps suggests these : Any suggestions ? Thanks
The best route to take is via jaipur kishangarh ajmer beawar jodhpur.

From jodhpur the route via Dechhu-Pokharan-Jaisalmer is the best option
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 10:44   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Gurgaon To Jodhpur

Stick to NH8 which despite construction is better alternative. Plan your starting time to avoid traffic.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 16:24   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Take the longer route. On your map, the one that is through jaipur.
The road after beawar to pokran is slightly pitted for about 50-80 kms,but it's tolerable. Donot try the other route to the north, it's horrible.
I made that mistake a few months back, and am changing my cars suspension in a few days...

Have a good one.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 23:03   #26
BHPian

re: Gurgaon - Jodhpur : Route Queries

I am planning for a Jodhpur trip in coming weeks from Gurgaon.

Which route should I take: NH-48 and then towards Ajmer from Jaipur or the Jhajjar-Jhunujhunu route?
(I am new to this long drive Hence kindly suggest an easy and safe to drive route.)

Also, I may start from Khimsar while returning home. Whether this Jhunujhunu-Jhajjar route has street lights at night?

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2020 at 05:12. Reason: typos fixed
Old 1st September 2020, 05:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

re: Gurgaon - Jodhpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I am planning for a Jodhpur trip in coming weeks from Gurgaon.

Which route should I take: NH-48 and then towards Ajmer from Jaipur or the Jhajjar-Jhunujhunu route?
(I am new to this long drive Hence kindly suggest an easy and safe to drive route.)
Like others have suggested in the past, take the 4-lane despite the construction. Beawar-Jaitaran-Jodhpur was also under 4-lane conversion. Dont know whats the state today.

Quote:
Also, I may start from Khimsar while returning home. Whether this Jhunujhunu-Jhajjar route has street lights at night?
No idea about Khimsar-Jhunjunu. Usually these roads dont have lights. Would let others confirm.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 21:27   #28
BHPian

Re: Gurgaon - Jodhpur : Route Queries

Returned safely from the Jodhpur trip. Forts and museums, other places were all closed due to COVID. So it was just roaming around Ghantaghar, taking a glimpse of the Mehrangarh and a view of the city. Went to Mandore garden, but the fellow tourists were not very keen to follow COVID norms we usually do in Gurgaon hence didn't dare to enter the place.

Driving to Jodhpur on 5th Sept was a pleasant enjoyable part. It was kind of sun and shade all over the mountains, butter smooth road. Started from Gurgaon at 4:45 AM and reached Jodhpur by 5PM. I guess this was good for a newbie like me. Google maps did a good jpb and I took a right side cut from the highway near Jadan. Before entering the road I checked with the locals about the road condition. They said road it was OK, a little stretch would be kuchha road. Being a Gurgaon resident kuchha road and no road are part of our daily commute. So I didn't bother. The road was new and again butter smooth. However there was no other vehicle.

After 15-20 minutes, there was a curve and work in progress board. Then it's broken road, difficult for a swift car with low GC. And after few km another stretch of road construction site. This part was more difficult because of deep wheel groove by heavy trucks and soft soil caused by heavy rain. However I could somehow manage this part (too much for a novice) using handbrake etc. Just before Jodhpur 3 teenagers riding a bike tried to stop the car obstructing our way. I had to apply hard braking. They had sticks (Lathi). They were Gurjars. However, I didn't want any untoward incident and could escape quickly as if nothing happened!

On 7th Sep, I could start from Jodhpur at 9 AM. This time i used add stop at Pali and this road was good. It started raining after an hour. And continued for the entire journey till Rewari. It was very difficult for me to maintain good speed due to heavy rain. It was almost like driving blindly. My car does not have any defogger or rear window wiper. Faced a small version of Gurujam while entering Jaipur NH8. A portion of NH8 was flooded. 1 hour wasted there negotiating the traffic jam and water.

Could leave the Jaipur bypass at about 6 PM. It was almost dark and next new thing is intermittent rain, weak light of Swift's stock head lamp and windshield becoming oily. The entire stretch was full of trucks. Very few were cooperative or law abiding drivers. Had long queue at every toll gate. Could enter home at 11 pm. 14 hours journey, and almost all ingredients for a tough drive. For a newbie novice me it was like I am in 10th Standard and have been asked to write masters course examination!! My aim was to complete this drive safely, and I am very happy I did it without any major problems.

Not a single scratch or dent on the car except regular flying stone chips. Yes, it's dirt laden car now. I have to arrange a good washing season!!

Gurgaon - Jodhpur : Route Queries-img_20200907_2323483863.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 9th September 2020 at 06:23. Reason: formatted + typos fixed
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 06:25   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

On 7th Sep, I could start from Jodhpur at 9 AM. This time i used add stop at Pali and this road was good.
So even while driving to Jodhpur, taking the exit further up at Pali should have helped. Is Pali-Jodhpur also a 4-laned road?
Old 10th September 2020, 12:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So even while driving to Jodhpur, taking the exit further up at Pali should have helped. Is Pali-Jodhpur also a 4-laned road?
Yes, the Jodhpur-Pali stretch is 4-laned. A word of warning, there is a regular speed check in the last few kilometres before you enter Jodhpur.
TheDoc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks