Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 14:42   #271
BHPian

Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Planning a trip to home this weekend(Raipur). For Pune -Nagpur, as advised by Bhpians, Mehkar to Karanja via Shelu Bazar and Malegaon Jgr. should be avoided. Any latest updates on this for 2021?
Is Mehkar - Risod a decent route if I should avoid the above mentioned route?
TL;DR: I don't have 2021 update but would be glad if you could provide route updates next week.

I last did this route on 20 Dec 2020 taking Karanja-Washim-Risod-Mehkar route. Washim to Risod roadworks were going on in full swing then so it is safe to assume 5-6 km of broken roads then would have been complete now. Risod to Mehkar stretch has about 2 kms of broken roads but I highly doubt these would be fixed.

Regardless, this route remains my preferred one though many have mentioned above that Jalna-Chikhli route is good as well.

P.S: Do you pass through Nagpur city or take the ring road (one which links Hyd route)? I have always gone through city which takes about an hour so wondering if ring road is worth taking.
Old 18th February 2021, 19:15   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
TL;DR: but would be glad if you could provide route updates next week.

I last did this route on 20 Dec 2020 taking Karanja-Washim-Risod-Mehkar route. Washim to Risod roadworks were going on in full swing then so it is safe to assume 5-6 km of broken roads then would have been complete now. Risod to Mehkar stretch has about 2 kms of broken roads but I highly doubt these would be
many have mentioned above that Jalna-Chikhli route is good as well.

P.S: Do you pass through Nagpur city or take the ring road (one which links Hyd route
Thanks for the update Sameer. I will update here after completing the trip.

I think then it’s better to use Sultanpur- Lonar- risod- Washim- Karanja. It will add approx 35 kms extra but the road conditions are good. I generally avoid going via chikhli (and hence Akola).

For crossing Nagpur, I generally take the Katol bypass road, also shown in google as Ring road, (not Outer Ring Road.) Take a left from Wadi and join back at Old Pardi chowk. I have seen it improve over the years and it was mostly cemented when I used this route in March 2020 before lockdown.
I used the bypass road(outer ring road) last in 2015 and it was an absolute mess.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 11:17   #273
BHPian

I did the Pune -Raipur trip on 20/02/21. Left at 4:30 am from Hinjewadi Ph3 and reached Raipur at 10:30 pm. 18 hours in total for 1k plus kms drive. This is my biggest single day drive and quickest too, courtesy, better roads. I used to do a halt in Bhilai earlier and still needed 20 plus hours.
Route update-
Pune - A’nagar - A’bad - Jalna is pretty much usual. 4 lane roads with some patches here and there.
Jalna- Mehkar- Malegaon is good with recent patches/fresh roads.
Shelu Bazaar- Karanja - all good with fresh patches. However, there are 4-5 patches of bad road section each around 1km long. Still, doable.
Karanja- Amravati- Nagpur- fine as usual. Diversion at Karanja ghadge due to a bridge construction. I reached Nagpur in 12 hours.
Nagpur - Raipur all fine with 4 lanes with some 2 lane roads in MH section. However, there is some work going on for overbridge in couple of villages enroute. So, diversion may slow you down.
abhi_tjet is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 20:48   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I did the Pune -Raipur trip on 20/02/21.
I did this route Pune - Bilaspur - Pune in the first week of April 2021. Did not check the latest update shared by you and was pleasantly surprised to find few good patches on the dreaded Jalna - Amravati section. It seems they have left the work midway and still those unfinished bad patches remain and spring up surprisingly. Eagerly waiting for the Ahmednagar - Nagpur expressway to open up soon so that we can avoid this stretch totally.
Old 17th May 2021, 11:04   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Eagerly waiting for the Ahmednagar - Nagpur expressway to open up soon so that we can avoid this stretch totally.
I suppose you are referring to MH Samruddhi expressway which was supposed to be open by 1st May. As per reports, delayed due to pandemic. However, it will have a entry somewhere near Shirdi, not Ahmednagar, in my opinion.

Hoping it to be readied before Diwali so that the trips to CG will be much easier and quicker.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 20:27   #276
BHPian

Hello,

Anyone recently traveled on Jalana - Karanja stretch?
I heard Samruddhi expressway is almost ready and people can use it.
Is this expressway running parallel to existing highway?

I am planning Pune - Amravati trip in near future. I usually prefer train only. But considering pandemic, I am trying to avoid it.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 15:53   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Hello,

Anyone recently traveled on Jalana - Karanja stretch?
I heard Samruddhi expressway is almost ready and people can use it.
Is this expressway running parallel to existing highway?

I am planning Pune - Amravati trip in near future. I usually prefer train only. But considering pandemic, I am trying to avoid it.
I have travelled recently 24th June from Nagpur to Pune and the road condition is good . The Samruddhi work is still in progress which you can see on the way but I dont think its open for public yet (the intersections are still being built) .
I always use below route :
Nagpur - Amravati - Karanja - Mehkar - Sindhkhed Raja - Jalna - Aurangabad -Nagar - Pune
Prat33k is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 20:13   #278

Hello,

Looking for some advice. I am planning to drive to Wardha from Pune tomorrow morning.

After going through the recent posts route until Karanja is confirmed as below:

Pune - Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Sindhkhed Raja - Mehkar - Karanja

After Karanja, is the direct route towards Wardha(136km) via Kharadgoan - Talegoan Dashasar - Pulgaon good enough to drive. Has anyone taken this route?

OR

Should we go to Amravati and then towards Wardha which about 176 km and 40 km longer?
Old 18th October 2021, 14:36   #279
BHPian

Hello Team bhpians,

Any update on the road conditions from Jalna to Karanja? I will be travelling in early November to Tadoba from Pune and plan to take the Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehkar-Karanja-Yawatmal-Warora-Tadoba route.

Last I heard that the road is decent except for few kms near Shelu Bazar.

Also what would be batter route
1. Karanja - Ner - Yawatmal -Warora-tadoba or
2. Karanja -Pulgao-Wardha-Tadoba
Old 19th October 2021, 08:51   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
Hello Team bhpians,

Any update on the road conditions from Jalna to Karanja? I will be travelling in early November to Tadoba from Pune and plan to take the Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehkar-Karanja-Yawatmal-Warora-Tadoba route.
I travelled Pune - Nagpur - Pune this first week of October. I was expecting the roads to be shattered post monsoons, but I was in for a pleasant surprise. The roads have been fully done up and it was really easy to cover the Jalna - Amravati stretch in very less time. I did Amravati to Aurangabad in close to 4 hours with zero breaks.

However, there are few isolated potholes in the stretch from Karanja - Mehkar. Be careful while overtaking since most of them are in the middle of the carriageway and few on the edges but be attentive and you can totally avoid them. Gmaps was showing me the route to Nagpur via Wardha but I stuck to the route I always travel that is via Amravati. So, no idea whether that stretch is good or bad.
tp_dominator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 14:48   #281
BHPian

Route update.

Travelled on the Pune-Nagar-Jalna-Mehkar-Karanja-Pulgao-wardha-samudrapur-tadoba route onward journey on 5th.

Left my home in Bavdhan at 5.15 am. With 2 hours of total breaks reached MTDC Moharli resort at 8.15 pm.
Pune -Nagar- Aurangabad. Good condition. With lot of 2 wheeler traffic near towns.
Aurangabad Jalna- The most bumpiest section of the road which needs repairs
Jalna Mehkar Karanja - Good 2 lane road with very few bad patches here and there
Karanja - Pulgaon - wardha - Samudrapur - Good 2 lane roads
Samudrapur Tembhurda - Excellent 4 lane road
Tembhurda- Moharli Gate Tadoba - Small Internal road in decent condition.

The return journey was on 9th and took almost 1.5 hour more due to city traffic near Aurangabad.
heman_369 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 16:56   #282
BHPian

Route update.

Travelled on the Pune-Nagar-Jalna-Mehkar-Karanja-Amravati-Nagpur on 3rd Dec.

Took a overnight halt at MTDC Aurangabad. Very good property to stay for families..

Pune -Nagar- Aurangabad. Good condition. But due to rains the tar was broken at few places post Shirur. In Nagar a flyover is being constructed hence takes time to navigate through city.

Aurangabad Jalna- Good but lot of patch work hence makes ride bumpy.
Jalna Mehkar Karanja - Good 2 lane road with bad patch between Mehkar and Malegaon (most potholes are in middle of road)
Karanja Amravati - Overall good but section where Karanja road merges with Akola NH its very patchy and single lane road.
Amravati Bypass Nagpur - Best section of whole trip, amazing four lane road with less traffic.
autoweirdo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 17:48   #283
BHPian

Folks, I am doing Nagpur to Pune by bike (with luggage) in the next few days and seems like the Nagpur - Amravati - Karanja - Mehkar - Jalna - Aurangabad - Ahmednagar - Pune is the route to take.

I want to avoid riding during 1-3 pm in this sweltering heat and by my estimates, I will most likely be in or around Jalna/Aurangabad at 1 pm depending on my start time. Any suggestions on decent places to eat and relax a little bit around Jalna?

Also, it seems there are no decent places (for snacks or a stopover) at all between Amravati - Jalna.
Old 19th April 2022, 22:47   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
]Any suggestions on decent places to eat and relax a little bit around Jalna?

Also, it seems there are no decent places (for snacks or a stopover) at all between Amravati - Jalna.
I am assuming you have now travelled. Do you have any recommendations?

Folks,
I would be travelling this weekend

Day 1
Allahabad > Rewa > Katni > Jabalpur > Nagpur >

Day 2
Nagpur > Amravati > Karanja > Mehkar > Jalna > Aurangabad > Pune

Note: Thinking to go via Shegaon to enjoy sumptuous Kachoris by TR Sharma.

Also do you know what is the status of Samruddhi Mahamarg? I know it's not innaugrated but can we drive?
Old 20th April 2022, 12:03   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
I am assuming you have now travelled. Do you have any recommendations?
I had a little change of plans and did Raipur-Jalna (700 kms) on that day and Jalna-Pune the next day. I had lunch at Amravati, at Yogiraj Pure Veg Restaurant, mainly because I didn't want to go inside Amravati city looking for places to eat and in this restaurant, I could eat and have a clear view of my bike (with luggage) parked outside. From Amravati to Jalna (via Mehkar-Karanja), there are places to eat at towns only and very few (next to none) shops on the side of the highway.

Quote:
Folks,
I would be travelling this weekend

Day 1
Allahabad > Rewa > Katni > Jabalpur > Nagpur >

Day 2
Nagpur > Amravati > Karanja > Mehkar > Jalna > Aurangabad > Pune

Note: Thinking to go via Shegaon to enjoy sumptuous Kachoris by TR Sharma.

Also do you know what is the status of Samruddhi Mahamarg? I know it's not innaugrated but can we drive?
Amravati to Jalna via Karanja-Mehkar has good roads but I was frustrated with the presence of speedbreakers at several places, more so because I had been riding in the afternoon at 43-44 deg C. I wasn't sure of road conditions via Akola or Shegaon, hence didn't risk taking those routes. Samruddhi Mahamarg will open for the public next year, as far as I know.

Last edited by siddhant : 20th April 2022 at 12:05.
siddhant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks