Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 14:35   #46
BHPian

Hi Vikrant,

I have attached my trip log for the journey. This route is getting popular as it saves about 30 kms in comparision to badnera, Amravati route. Also this stretch is completly empty in night, so guys travelling in nights will get a clean road.

There are less refueling options after Jalna, so better refueled before jalna bypass or at Aurangabad. Most painful part of the journey is going through Aurangabad City.

Since i started in morning i faced peak city traffic in Nagar & Aurangabad.

Places to eat:
Smilestone: on the left after shirur Bypass
Vithal kamat: before nagar, On right side, There is HP COCO. This is not as good as smilestone.
Hotel Audambar: on the left before Aurangabad, this is a ok place, but food is better than others.

Better pack chips & water bottles coz at small shops in villages they are mostly out of stock of mineral water, they provide water pouch.

Overall 8-10 tolls but road is good except at places in Shelu bazar and in villages. Drive very carefully in village and allow local taxi jeeps to overtake/give way. They are loaded and driven very rashly.

Regards,
Shabbir
Attached Files
File Type: xls Pune to Nagpur.xls (18.5 KB, 1596 views)
Old 6th October 2009, 14:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR's DRIVING LOG BOOKS, Bombay to Chattisgarh via Bangalore & Hyderabad, Sep 2008

You can trace the route in the log book above in my return trip from Raipur.
I took a slightly longer route via Wardha and Yeotmal.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:44   #48
BHPian

Amazing Shabbir. Thats a load of info. Thanks again ...

--Vikrant
Old 6th October 2009, 14:56   #49
BANNED

Thanks for info. Can you please confirm number of tolls and amount? Just want to cross check how many tolls are "Entry Exit type" as most of them charges Rs 21/-

Refer >>

Alert :> There is a Toll of Rs 31 at Koregaon. It is Entry Exit type toll (Like Mumbai pune express highway). So you just have to pay Once and not Twice. Just keep receipt safely and hand it over at exit. It is applicable on both sides. Somehow toll guys are inclined to collect toll at both sides. So whie going to Nagpur, i paid Rs 62 instead of Rs 31.

However, on my way back, i was aware and paid Rs 31/-. I can certainly see disappointment on face of toll guy. So be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Hi Vikrant,

I have attached my trip log for the journey. This route is getting popular as it saves about 30 kms in comparision to badnera, Amravati route. Also this stretch is completly empty in night, so guys travelling in nights will get a clean road.

There are less refueling options after Jalna, so better refueled before jalna bypass or at Aurangabad. Most painful part of the journey is going through Aurangabad City.

Since i started in morning i faced peak city traffic in Nagar & Aurangabad.

Places to eat:
Smilestone: on the left after shirur Bypass
Vithal kamat: before nagar, On right side, There is HP COCO. This is not as good as smilestone.
Hotel Audambar: on the left before Aurangabad, this is a ok place, but food is better than others.

Better pack chips & water bottles coz at small shops in villages they are mostly out of stock of mineral water, they provide water pouch.

Overall 8-10 tolls but road is good except at places in Shelu bazar and in villages. Drive very carefully in village and allow local taxi jeeps to overtake/give way. They are loaded and driven very rashly.

Regards,
Shabbir
Old 6th October 2009, 14:57   #50
BHPian

@Idea1979: has pretty much summarised the whole route . I need to check about number of tolls, will let you know tommorow.

@Netfreak:Even i was going without GPS, Route is not completly present in google map also.
My references for route is HVK's Raipur trip log and posts of member's in same thread. Also this is my 2nd trip on same route so not much worried about directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979
Pune-Ahmedanagar: 111 Km.
I took a small stop Smiling Stone. It is a good family place just before Nagar. However you can also stop by Kamats, just 5-10 Kms from Smilining Stone (when going from Pune)
Smile Stone is Good Place, one more enroute is vithal kamat at HP COCO.

Quote:
Ahmedanagar-Aurangabad: 122 Km
You can use bypass (from railway station) or you can go through city. It is straight road.
There are 2 tolls one is for bridge and other is for road. Correct me if i am wrong here.

Quote:
Aurangabad-Jalna: 55 Km aprx
Road is hassle free. You need to take a right once you pass Aurangabad.
Alert :> There are hardly any Decent/Family Dhaba or Lodge after Aurangabad. So plan accordingly. There is one good looking (didnt used it)family place , Hotel parivar on SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon route.
Jalna-SindKhed Raja: Road is hassle free.
SindKhed Raja-Mehekar-Malegaon: (Aprx 50 kms from eachother )
Take jalna bypass, If you go in jalna city it will take much time and city traffic is mess. I have also seen this hotel but didnt went in; A decent hotel with toilet is hard to find in this stretch.

Quote:
Malegaon-Karnaja-Talegaon-Pulgaon: Road is 2 lane but fair. Dont miss some speed Breakers and sudden DEEP pot holes, mostly in middle of road.
Careful after shelu bazaar, Whole road is paved with mud and stones, drive carefully as side wall damage is highly possible here.

Pulgaon-Wardha-Nagpur: Most ST Buses and Taxis are not so willing to give way for overtaking. be careful here.

Also regarding Speed Breakers: they are present in plenty while entering and exiting the villages & Cross roads. At one place there are 2 speed breaker one after another with a gap of 200 meters approx.

Do not overspeed at the nagpur bypass as this road is isolated from near by towns so in case of emergency nearest hospitals could be atleast 1 hours away.

Last edited by shabahmad : 6th October 2009 at 15:08.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:14   #51
BHPian

One thing I noted on this route, all the toll amounts are pretty odd, 21-31 etc. And most of the times if you don't have change they will happily waive-off 1 rupee..!

EDIT: Just checked shabahmad's log, he has mentioned only one toll post Jalna, while I remember paying at least at 3-4 places last year! Confused..! Are they closed now?

EDIT 2: Maybe the difference because I had taken the Amravati road from Karanja..

Last edited by cyclops : 6th October 2009 at 16:22.
Old 6th October 2009, 19:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
EDIT: Just checked shabahmad's log, he has mentioned only one toll post Jalna, while I remember paying at least at 3-4 places last year! Confused..! Are they closed now?
There are many Toll posts, I also forget the number of toll plaza. The reason that they are not mentioned in log is because of my navigator was sleeping.

Wife takes the responsibility of navigator and she was on fast, so slept and i didnt wake her most of the time i cross Toll Posts.
Old 6th October 2009, 21:57   #53
BANNED

Quote:
There are many Toll posts, I also forget the number of toll plaza. The reason that they are not mentioned in log is because of my navigator was sleeping.

Wife takes the responsibility of navigator and she was on fast, so slept and i didnt wake her most of the time i cross Toll Posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
One thing I noted on this route, all the toll amounts are pretty odd, 21-31 etc. And most of the times if you don't have change they will happily waive-off 1 rupee..!

EDIT 2: Maybe the difference because I had taken the Amravati road from Karanja..
There are atleast 11+ tolls on said route. However total amount you spend is aprx Rs. 250/-
Old 7th October 2009, 13:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
There are atleast 11+ tolls on said route. However total amount you spend is aprx Rs. 250/-
Wow what a memory you have Idea. There are exactly 11 toll boths.
Pune to AhmedNagar- 1 toll of 31 Rs
AhmedNagar-Aurangabad-jalna- 5 tolls of 20 Rs each
jalna to nagpur: 5 tolls of 21 each.
Total: 236rs.

Roads are worth the toll amount we pay except the 2-3wheelers who drive in middle of the road.

At some places between Pune & Nagar 4 laning work is pending, once it will be complete then travelling will be decreased by further 15-30 mins.
Old 7th October 2009, 14:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR's DRIVING LOG BOOKS, Bombay to Chattisgarh via Bangalore & Hyderabad, Sep 2008

You can trace the route in the log book above in my return trip from Raipur.
I took a slightly longer route via Wardha and Yeotmal.
@hvkumar. In your xls you have mentioned abbreviation "RTO" . What does that stand for ?

--Vikrant
Old 7th October 2009, 20:23   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Pune to AhmedNagar- 1 toll of 31 Rs
Thanks for info. Eversince my nagpur drive, i am finding nagpur pretty approachable even for few leaves/holidays of 2-3 days
Old 8th October 2009, 17:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Jalna-SindKhed Raja: New road, great to drive.
Hey Shabbir,
This is great new, this stretch was really bad earlier. I still used to take it as I liked this route. Thanks.
Old 14th October 2009, 09:54   #58
BHPian

Will start on this route Saturday morning as early as possible ....

Cheers
Vikrant
Old 21st October 2009, 09:45   #59
BHPian

Hi ,

Came back from Amravati today.I have hijacked Shabbir's xls and added the route from Karanja to Amravati.

Rgds
Vikrant
Attached Files
File Type: xls Pune-To-Amravati-Plan.xls (27.5 KB, 991 views)
Old 21st October 2009, 11:11   #60
BANNED

Thanks for input. Will be of great help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks