Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 11:23   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Thats a very good news !
How much time it took to drive from Amravati to Pune ?
Exactly 11 hours . Includes 1/2 hour break at Smilestone for breakfast. 20 minutes break at Datta Ashram after Jalna Bypass and then two breaks of 10 minutes for snacks.

Started off from Kothrud at 5.45am and was home in Amravati at 4 pm

--Vikrant
Old 7th November 2010, 03:05   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Road is in good condition. One of my friends does Pune-Nagpur in less than 10 hours via Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mehkar and Wardha.

Kumar Sir i tried to plot this route on the map provided in previous post s but was nt so successful !! Doing pune ngpur in under 10 hr s is awsome could you pls post a detail of it here will be doing the same but from nagpur to mumbai adding 3 hr s for mum pune expway will make it doable in somewhat around 15hr s with family (wife & kid s)

regard s
Saajan

Last edited by m-hawk : 7th November 2010 at 03:07.
Old 7th November 2010, 08:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

From Nagpur, you have 2 choices:

Go on NH7 till Buti Bori, then go via Wardha, Phulgaon to Karanja.
Alternatively, you can reach Karanja by taking NH6 out of Nagpur till Nagpur and then turning off to Karanja.

FRom Karanja, route is via Shelu Bazaar and Mehkar to Jalna.
From Jalna, it is 4-laned road all the way via Aurangabad and Ahmednagar to Pune.

YOu can avoid touching Pune by turning off at Shikarpur before Pune and going via Chakan directly to Talegaon where you can join the expressway to Bombay.

Facilities on this route from Nagpur are very poor, but road conditions are good and traffic minimal.
Old 10th November 2010, 22:18   #79
BHPian

Pune to Nagpur in 11 hrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Kumar Sir i tried to plot this route on the map provided in previous post s but was nt so successful !! Doing pune ngpur in under 10 hr s is awsome could you pls post a detail of it here will be doing the same but from nagpur to mumbai adding 3 hr s for mum pune expway will make it doable in somewhat around 15hr s with family (wife & kid s)

regard s
Saajan
@ Saajan - I went from Pune to Nagpur in 11 hours, started at 5:30 AM from Pashan in Pune and reached Kalpananagar in Nagpur at 4:30 PM.

Total breaks were for 1 hour in total, so driving time was 10 hours. Car was fully loaded.

The route was via Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mehekar and Wardha.

Thanks to Shabahmad and HVkumar for the detailed route and guide.

Roads are bad in small patches after Jalna bypass.

I have returned yesterday and lots of office pressure
Will post details soon.

Last edited by Meer : 10th November 2010 at 22:19. Reason: spelling
Old 11th November 2010, 01:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
@ Saajan - I went from Pune to Nagpur in 11 hours, started at 5:30 AM from Pashan in Pune and reached Kalpananagar in Nagpur at 4:30 PM.

Total breaks were for 1 hour in total, so driving time was 10 hours. Car was fully loaded.

The route was via Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mehekar and Wardha.

Thanks to Shabahmad and HVkumar for the detailed route and guide.

Roads are bad in small patches after Jalna bypass.

I have returned yesterday and lots of office pressure
Will post details soon.

Meer that s great i was hoping someone to reply about timing and since you have done the trip so recently could you please tell me about road surface conditions and wether its 2 way or 4 way road ? please post detail s of route s and decent stopping place s with family soon
Regards
SAAJAN

Last edited by m-hawk : 11th November 2010 at 01:24.
Old 13th November 2010, 09:35   #81
BHPian

Here goes the detailed report on my Pune - Nagpur route, Travel date was 4th Nov, 2010.

Start time: 5:30 AM from Pashan to Pune

Route taken: Pune - Ahmadnagar - Aurangabad - Jalna Bypass - Sindkhed Raja - Mehekar - Malegaon - Shelu Bazar - Karanja - Pulgaon - Wardha Bypass - Nagpur

Pune - Jalna Bypass: Excellent roads, mostly 4 laned
Do's -
* cover as much distance as possible, so best option is to take packed food and keep going or take shorter break. Road is good and you will cover good ground in a short time
* Dont take bypass at Aurangabad as I found the bypass to be longer and takes longer than straight road. But depends on the time of day as well. Issue is that the bypass goes in front of Aurangabad Railway station.
* Be patient at the tolls, they are not well managed. Most of them have 24 Rs, so keep change handy.
* Refuel around Jalna Bypass - I had a 50 litre tank and only 1 refuel was required
Dont's -
* be careful about bikers on this route, especially they suddenly overtake and come in the main lane. Many of them dont have RVMs, so oblivious of traffic behind

Jalna Bypass - Mehekar: Mixed bag really, roads are fine (2 laned without divider) but suddenly there are potholes / craters on the way. I made full use of ABS 3-4 times when I needed to come to standstill from cruising speed.
Do's -
* Follow Shabahmad's excel, I never had to ask for direction and through all turns etc went perfectly
* try to follow another car at a safe distance, this gave me good result on my way back
* Packed food is the way to go as there are no decent places on the way. Loo breaks in the foliage, there is no other option
Dont's -
* There are huge trailer trucks running on this route and they jam traffic at the townns on the way - Sindkhed Raja, Kingaon raja, Dusarbeed, Bibi, Sultanpur. Be patient and try to find ways around these trucks. I had wasted atleast 30 mins due to this.
* Farm animals walk on the road without supervision, so need to be careful

Mehekar - Wardha Bypass: 2 laned roads without divider, but good roads and no issues at all
Do's -
* No decent place to stop / eat, so carry your food
Dont's -
* Watch out for speedbreakers, many of them are unmarked. Best strategy is to slow down near villages.
* Farm animals walk on the road without supervision, so need to be careful

Wardha Bypass - Nagpur: Patchy road till Buti Bori, will be okay if you have a soft suspension setup.
Do's -
* No decent place to stop / eat, so carry your food
Dont's -
* Watch out for traffic. There are speedbreakers after Butibori, so be careful.

Reached at: 4:30 PM at Kalpanagar, Nagpur

What worked well:
* Followed Shabahmad's excel route and worked perfectly
* Due to lack of options, did not take long breaks, so time to destination was much ahead of earlier scheduled 6:30 PM
* Read through the posts and was prepared with packed food, so did not reach a bad situation

What did not work well:
* Traffic jams at villages / towns due to large trailer trucks
* Scary situation due to potholes / craters mentioned above
Old 14th November 2010, 21:53   #82
BHPian

Thanks a ton Meer just checked your post today at lesiure . It's immensely useful and home food it shall be my only concern now is to get decent place s for loo break s for the ladies as you and HV kumar sir have already pointed out no facilities enroute. Shall post my experience regard s. Saajan
Old 18th November 2010, 16:28   #83
BHPian

Floks,

I am planning a 3000KM trip from Bangalore - Nagpur (Pench) - Shirdi - (via Pune) Goa - Bangalore between 27th Nov 9th Dec, with wife and 2 year old daughter in my Santro AT.

Bangalore - Nagpur, I will be taking NH7 and Goa (from Pune) - Bangalore will be taking NH4. Both are probably India's best highways as of today so no worries there.

Have been worried about the stretch between Nagpur to Shridi to Pune, I am not aware of these road at all!

Here is my plan for this route (based on google maps):
Nagpur -(NH6)- Dhule
Dhule -(NH3)- Malegaon
Malegaon -(SH?)- Shirdi
Shirdi -(SH?)- Sangamner
Sangamner -(NH50)- Pune

Is this a good route plan? Is there a better route?
How are the roads condition here? (I have planned to travel only in the day)
Any thing to watch out for?

Thanks, Ajit
Old 18th November 2010, 16:34   #84
BHPian

Floks,

I am planning a 3000KM trip from Bangalore - Nagpur (Pench) - Shirdi - (via Pune) Goa - Bangalore between 27th Nov 9th Dec, with wife and 2 year old daughter in my Santro AT.

Bangalore - Nagpur, I will be taking NH7 and Goa (from Pune) - Bangalore will be taking NH4. Both are probably India's best highways as of today so no worries there.

Have been worrid about the stretch between Nagpur to Shridi to Pune, I am not aware of these road at all!

Nagpur -(NH6)- Dhule
Dhule -(NH3)- Malegaon
Malegaon -(SH?)- Shirdi
Shirdi -(SH?)- Sangamner
Sangamner -(NH50)- Pune

Thanks, Ajit
Old 18th November 2010, 17:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
Floks,
Have been worrid about the stretch between Nagpur to Shridi to Pune, I am not aware of these road at all!

Nagpur -(NH6)- Dhule
Dhule -(NH3)- Malegaon
Malegaon -(SH?)- Shirdi
Shirdi -(SH?)- Sangamner
Sangamner -(NH50)- Pune

Thanks, Ajit
From Shirdi, take the Ahmadnagar - Pune road. Ahmadnagar to Pune is Four-laned and is in excellent condition. There is a small stretch of about 1 km which is not four-laned.
Shirdi to Ahmadnagar roads have been widened and may be in OK condition. I travelled from Nagar to Pune on 14-Nov-2010. The only glitch was a traffic jam in Nagar town since it has no bypass. But that may not be a frequent occurence. I have not encountered it any time earlier.

If you take the Sangamner route, the road from Sangamner to Pune has a lot of broken surfaces and if you are driving in the evening, this route can be really bad with a lot of traffic, turns and twists. And it is a two laned road, except for the last 40 odd km.

Nagpur to Shirdi looks to be shorter via Aurangabad. But I have no idea about the roads. HVK and others can help you there.

Last edited by pjbiju : 18th November 2010 at 17:19.
Old 18th November 2010, 17:42   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
From Shirdi, take the Ahmadnagar - Pune road. Ahmadnagar to Pune is Four-laned and is in excellent condition. There is a small stretch of about 1 km which is not four-laned.
Shirdi to Ahmadnagar roads have been widened and may be in OK condition. I travelled from Nagar to Pune on 14-Nov-2010.
Hey Thanks pjbiju for the quick responce & the route. And as you have travelled so recently, I am going with it without second thought . So my altered route now:

Nagpur -(NH6)- Dhule
Dhule -(NH3)- Malegaon
Malegaon -(SH10)- Shirdi
Shirdi -(SH10)- Ahmadnagar
Ahmadnagar -(SH27)- Pune
Old 18th November 2010, 17:50   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Nagpur to Shirdi looks to be shorter via Aurangabad. But I have no idea about the roads. HVK and others can help you there.
As I am not familiar with that area thought of sticking to NH. But if the road condition of SH from Nagpur to Shirdi via Aurangabad is good I am game for it!

Google Maps show about 60+KM difference between the two routes so I am ok with both as far as the roads are good...
Old 18th November 2010, 19:10   #88
BHPian

Ajit,
I haven't been on this rout for a long time now but Nagpur-Amaravati-Akola road is generally not good. Its also the longer route to take.

I would suggest,
Nagpur-Wardha-Pulgaon-Karanja-Malegaon-Mehekar-Jalna-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vijapur-Shirdi

Recent reports suggest excellent roads throughout.
Old 18th November 2010, 20:29   #89
BHPian

[quote=vabs78;2145109]I would suggest,
Nagpur-Wardha-Pulgaon-Karanja-Malegaon-Mehekar-Jalna-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vijapur-Shirdi[quote]

Reading this thread especially the 2010 ones again, I think I am going to go with vabs78's suggestion!

Thanks!
Old 19th November 2010, 12:16   #90
BHPian

[quote=ajitkumarlb;2145212][quote=vabs78;2145109]I would suggest,
Nagpur-Wardha-Pulgaon-Karanja-Malegaon-Mehekar-Jalna-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vijapur-Shirdi
Quote:

Reading this thread especially the 2010 ones again, I think I am going to go with vabs78's suggestion!

Thanks!
Yes, this would be a good route.. I recently did Pune-Amravati-Pune on Diwali by this route only.. Decent roads, usual bad patches from jalna to sindkhed raja.. And even further, roads are good, but beware of sudden bad deep potholes and broken roads, which just come out of nowhere...

If you want to do shani-shingnapur as well, then you can even cross aurangabad, move towards nagar and then turn right from Nevasa Phata, to Shani Shingnapur and then to Shirdi...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks