Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 21:47   #376
BHPian

Re: Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries

Posting my Pune - Nagpur & return journey including toll details below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5689978 (Mumbai - Kolkata : Route Queries)

TLDR:

1: Its a good idea to fuel up before entering SMG

2: Keep snacks in car as food & accommodation options can be more than 75 kms apart

3: Make sure you are not tired as its very easy to fall asleep in those straight & smooth roads. No safe stops to park car and take rest apart from distant fuel pumps

4: If staying near Nagar road (Kharadi / Wagholi), route via Aurangabad makes more sense

5: Didnt notice any tyre burst or major accidents, but divider is broken at multiple places mainly due to past accidents. Staying at legal speed limit of 120kmph is a good idea.

6: Cruise Control is invented for these roads. Having one greatly helps !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 11:36   #377
Senior - BHPian

I am planning for a Pune to Kharagpur road trip in the next couple of days and this time I have decided to go via Nagpur. I will be travelling on my Bullet 500 (Amun-Ra). I have two queries, would be great if you can please advise and assist.

1. Road from Pune to Nagpur. Please advise if the below route is the best in terms of a safe, smooth and less pot hole infected road surface. I intend to start from Pune around 3 in the morning.

Pune - Sangamner - Nandur Shitoge - Kopargaon - Aurangabad - Jalna - Chikhli - Akola - Amravati (via NH53) - Nagpur.

2. Please also suggest safe and secured parking based accomodation at below places (for my motorcycle). I would prefer something which is on the highway itself, so that I can minimise the time waste next morning.
  • Amravati (just in case if I tire out)
  • Nagpur
  • Sambalpur (Odisha)

Last edited by Majumdarda : 5th February 2024 at 11:46.
Old 6th February 2024, 11:35   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I am planning for a Pune to Kharagpur road trip in the next couple of days and this time I have decided to go via Nagpur. I will be travelling on my Bullet 500 (Amun-Ra). I have two queries, would be great if you can please advise and assist.

1. Road from Pune to Nagpur. Please advise if the below route is the best in terms of a safe, smooth and less pot hole infected road surface. I intend to start from Pune around 3 in the morning.

Pune - Sangamner - Nandur Shitoge - Kopargaon - Aurangabad - Jalna - Chikhli - Akola - Amravati (via NH53) - Nagpur.

2. Please also suggest safe and secured parking based accomodation at below places (for my motorcycle). I would prefer something which is on the highway itself, so that I can minimise the time waste next morning.
  • Amravati (just in case if I tire out)
  • Nagpur
  • Sambalpur (Odisha)
Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehkar-Malegaon-Karanja-Amravati-Nagpur is the route I used to take before Samruddhi in a 4-wheeler.
Gauri Inn at the end of Amravati Bypass
Nagpur any hotel on Outer Ring Road would be good for you so that you dont have to enter the city.
inder is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 19:18   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehkar-Malegaon-Karanja-Amravati-Nagpur is the route I used to take before Samruddhi in a 4-wheeler.
Gauri Inn at the end of Amravati Bypass
Nagpur any hotel on Outer Ring Road would be good for you so that you dont have to enter the city.
Thank you very much sir. That helps a great extent
Old 1st March 2024, 03:03   #380
Senior - BHPian

Posting this message from Gouri Inn, Amravati. Good accomodation arrangement I got. Woke up around 1AM and then realised that the stretch between Murtizapur till Karanga to be excellent pot holled riddled. So here, around 3AM, all decked up, am still wondering should I start now, or wait a little more. RE headlights plus a aux pair probably needs more backup in these stretches
Old 2nd March 2024, 09:46   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
...Murtizapur till Karanga...
Crossed this section between 5 to 6 AM. Quite surprisingly I did not encounter massive craters this time, (though there were a few when I crossed this section few days back).

Not sure if I could luckily dodge these and did not realise my super human capacity or they have been fixed.

I trailed a tanker and the driver maintained a sedate 50/60, dodging multiple craters. This strategy helped me to reach the other side in one piece

I wonder if I could have started from Amravati early, reach this point, wait for some lorry drivers and tail them, could have saved a lot of time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks