Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:06   #496
BHPian

Re: Monsoons - Road Condition Update

I found an old picture in my handheld today. Thought it would be nice to share it here.

Background: One fine day in July 2009, I was on my way from Gurgaon to Dwarka with some official work. It was monsoon and Delhi/Gurgaon was hit by some moderate to heavy monsoon showers.

After the toll, I (and my colleague) took Shivmurti link road. We saw that at kapashera crossing, police had blocked the road leading to the Dwarka underpass. On enquiring, they informed that the underpass was submerged and temporarily closed. Some bypasser informed that a metro bus was submerged in the underpass. They were not allowing anyone to pass through.

We were excited at the thought of watching a submerged underpass. I took a chance and asked the police man that we had to go to one of the farmhouses on this road. He asked for the address and let us go.

On reaching the underpass this is what we saw:.
Attached Thumbnails
Monsoons - Road Condition Update-img00086200907281341.jpg  

Old 29th May 2012, 08:12   #497
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Here is an update on the road conditions upto Tarkarli. Visited Last Week.
Navi Mumbai to Kolhapur---->Expressway/NH4 -->Excellent
Kolhapur to Radhanagri----->Radhanagri Road ---->Very Good ,but some bad patches near villages. Also known as SH116
Radhanagri to Phonda--->via Phonda Ghat----> Very Good also know as SH116
Phonda-Kankavali-Kasal-Malwan-Tarkarli ----> Good as usual.
Old 8th July 2012, 20:28   #498
BHPian

Hi All

I will be visiting Bhandardara the following friday and driving down from mumbai.

Any suggestions on the route to be taken? if anyones been there recently pls update the state of the roads.

Also, how far would be shirdi from there. i am planning to club both the place.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:23   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Hi All

I will be visiting Bhandardara the following friday and driving down from mumbai.

Any suggestions on the route to be taken? if anyones been there recently pls update the state of the roads.

Also, how far would be shirdi from there. i am planning to club both the place.
Its approx a 4hour drive from Bandra.Approx 180kms.Take the NH3 (Nasik highway) till Ghoti.At Ghoti take a right towards the Ghoti-Sinnar road(the Nasik bypass for people going towards Shirdi).On this road,look for signages to Bhandardara dam.Well marked.For Shirdi,drive back till you reach the Ghoti-Sinnar road and take a right towards Sinnar and go on via Sinnar-Shirdi.You should be able to cover the distance in approx 2.5hrs.
Old 13th August 2012, 09:10   #500
BHPian

NH17 update: Heavy rains between Ankola and Mangalore in Karnataka. Road has developed large size potholes in multiple areas. Possibilities of roads getting submerged under water in couple of areas near Udupi. If you are traveling further south to Kerala, the road is in excellent conditions though there is heavy traffic during most part of the day.
CasperRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 12:32   #501
Senior - BHPian

Road condition update - Malnad region

Hi folks,

Given that the rain gods are not very kind on Bangalore, I drove around the Malnad region over the last few days in an attempt to take a feel of the monsoon. And believe me, I was not disappointed (as indicated by the pictures at the end of this post )

Here is a quick update on some of the roads for reference in case you plan to drive around these areas in the coming days:
  • Bangalore-Hassan: Nothing has changed since I did this 2 months back, except that you are now required to pay a total toll of INR 66. Other than that, 4-lane work is in progress post Belur-Cross all the way till Hassan. All in all, a pleasant drive.
  • Hassan-Belur: Again, a pleasant drive. Nothing much to report.
  • Belur-Gonideedu-Mudigere(hand post): Roads have been done up recently, making this an enjoyable drive.
  • Mudigere(hand post)-Kottigehara-Kalasa: Again, good roads till 10 kms before Kalasa (Hirebyle village) beyond which the roads are pretty bad
  • Kottigehara-Charmadi-Ujjire: Good roads and a drive in this season is a feast for the eyes
  • Mudigere(hand post)-Jannapura-Hanbal-Sakleshpur: Wanted to try this road for a long time. About 10 of 30 km is in bad shape but the drive is beautiful.
  • Sakleshpura-Hassan: One of the most beautiful drives in this season with good roads all the way.

Let me know if you have any specific queries that I can help you with...
Attached Thumbnails
Monsoons - Road Condition Update-pic1.jpg  

Monsoons - Road Condition Update-pic2.jpg  

Monsoons - Road Condition Update-pic3.jpg  

cool_dube is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:05   #502
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road condition update - Malnad region

Thats a good info Rahul! should plan a drive on this route soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hi folks,

Given that the rain gods are not very kind on Bangalore, I drove around the Malnad region over the last few days in an attempt to take a feel of the monsoon. And believe me, I was not disappointed (as indicated by the pictures at the end of this post )...
Old 26th August 2012, 22:33   #503
BHPian

@Cool_dube:

First of all, thanks for the road updates. I have to do a quick trip to DSL and this time was thinking of trying Charmadi. Last visit did it via Shiradi.

So, going by your report, Charmadi is still in good shape. Has the landslip area been repaired now? I dont drive a big vehicle, so the worry of the pothole/bad roads..

Nice photographs, last photo i can make out is from Charmadi, but can u let us know where the first two are from.
Old 31st August 2012, 00:48   #504
BHPian

Road Update:

Rt NH 218 before Gulbarga - Due to a bridge collapse traffic is being re-routed around the NH into Gulbarga. This caused an extra 25km and nearly 1 hour to the journey (from Hyd to Goa on 27/8) through small villages where two vehicles will find it difficult to pass each other

- Krishnan
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:07   #505
BHPian

Need update on Bangalore - Murudeshwar via Jog Falls route. What's the current road condition of this route?
I'll be travelling on this route later this month.
Old 5th September 2012, 17:18   #506
BHPian

Any update on this guys? I need help in this!

Also any alternate route to Murudeshwar? What about BLR->Hassan->Udupi->Murudeshwar route? Which one is better going by current road conditions?

Last edited by asethi : 5th September 2012 at 17:19.
Old 5th September 2012, 17:55   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Any update on this guys? I need help in this!

Also any alternate route to Murudeshwar? What about BLR->Hassan->Udupi->Murudeshwar route? Which one is better going by current road conditions?
NH17 route is broken up after the rains.The Jog route might be a better bet but I dont have any latest updates to help you with.
Old 6th September 2012, 09:49   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Need update on Bangalore - Murudeshwar via Jog Falls route. What's the current road condition of this route?
I'll be travelling on this route later this month.
The word is that except for 20 km between Ripponpete and Tirthahalli, rest are good in Sagar-Anandapuram-Ripponpete-Tirthahalli road.
Old 28th September 2012, 14:11   #509
BHPian

What is the update about Gorakhpur bypass? Is it still far from completion?

In a plan to make a one-day trip from Lucknow to Kushinagar, I was contemplating on this. Is it easy to cross Gorakhpur and reach on the road to Kushinagar? How congested are the routes there?

I have been thinking of reaching Kushinagar around 11.30 am/12 noon and return from Kushinagar around 4.30 pm. I can reach Lucknow by 10.30, I hope.

Some feedback is solicited.

Vipin.
Old 1st October 2012, 11:59   #510
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a drive from Pune - Bangalore.

The road condition between Hubli and Bangalore is average condition.
I think the stretch around Chitradurga is bad (due to numerous diversions).
The authorities have started construction of flyovers along the NH4, and in the process they have dug up the main highway which was actually in perfect condition.

Is public money gone down the drain?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks