Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 17:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Joshua,Nice to see your trip plan to mahabaleshwar. I have been thinking of going there from past 6 months and always end up planning for Goa instead.

your trip will be a great feedback on the route, experience et. all. You can search on google for accomodation details or use cleartrip/makemytrip for hotel booking. I recommend you stay in Mahabaleshwar as it would be fabulous to see the greenry when it rains as it does out there.

During college i use to go to Mahabaleshwar every month or so on bikes from pune, it used to be so fun as mahabaleshwar has beautiful snaky roads with thick shrubs on both sides to enjoy those bike rides.

Also, don't forget to eat strawberry icecreams freshly made and also get several boxes back home. Look forward to a detailed travelogue with lots of pictures when you return. Have a safe journey and enjoy!
Old 26th June 2008, 18:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Hyderabad-Solapur, 320 kms, NH9 all the way, 6 hours

Good, fast drive, via Patancheru, Sangareddi (58 kms from Hyderabad), Sadshivpet (15), Zahirabad (40), Homnabad (55), Umarga (61), Naldurg (42) to Solapur (47).

Solapur-Mohol-Pandharpur, 71 kms, NH9 till Mohol, 2 hours
Continue on NH9 on Solapur bypass, till Mohol (31 kms from Solapur), where you turn left to Pandharpur (40).

Pandharpur-Sangli-Peth Naka, 187 kms, 5 hours
Pandharpur-Sangole (33), Nagaj (24), Miraj (71), Sangli (10)
From Sangli, instead of going via Kolhapur, you can go directly to NH4 via Aastha (25), Islampur (21) to Peth Naka (3), which is on NH4.

Peth Naka-Mahabaleswar, 116, 3 hours
Turn right at Peth Naka onto NH4 (towards Karad/Pune), Karad (26), Umbraj (19), Satara (37) till Mahabaleswar Phata (34).
At the Mahabaleswar Phata, you leave NH4 and go to Mahabaleswar (45) via Panchgani.
That's a pretty long route. I would suggest the following:

Take the road that our 'travel guru' HVK has suggested till Pandharpur.

From Pandharpur come directly to Satara via Mhaswad, Gondavle. The total distance is 135 kms (give and take 5 kms). The road is a single lane, but very good one at that.

Satara to Mahableshwar is around 75 odd kms via Wai Naka(or Mahabaleshwar Naka as some call it)

This way you can cut down on 80 odd kms from the route suggested by HVK.

Keep us posted on your journey. Happy motoring
Old 26th June 2008, 20:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

One quick advice - from Satara, please do not take the direct road to Mahabaleswar, prefer NH4 till Mahableswar Phata/Wai - better road.
Old 1st July 2008, 07:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Joshua,

Let us have your trip review after your return. Please include details like the route, good hotels/restaurants enroute, road conditions etc.

It will help myself and others who are planning a trip soon.
thanks.
I will keep you posted about the places and the Roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Joshua,Nice to see your trip plan to mahabaleshwar. I have been thinking of going there from past 6 months and always end up planning for Goa instead.

your trip will be a great feedback on the route, experience et. all. You can search on google for accomodation details or use cleartrip/makemytrip for hotel booking. I recommend you stay in Mahabaleshwar as it would be fabulous to see the greenry when it rains as it does out there.

During college i use to go to Mahabaleshwar every month or so on bikes from pune, it used to be so fun as mahabaleshwar has beautiful snaky roads with thick shrubs on both sides to enjoy those bike rides.

Also, don't forget to eat strawberry icecreams freshly made and also get several boxes back home. Look forward to a detailed travelogue with lots of pictures when you return. Have a safe journey and enjoy!
Avinash I think i have seen your car in Madhapur,Are you working for Patni computers or sumtotal,coz this car i have seen at maximus towers 2B parking area,i wonder if that's yor car?if it is right then i work in the same building.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2008 at 02:54. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making back to back posts.
Old 1st July 2008, 13:13   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Avinash I think i have seen your car in Madhapur,Are you working for Patni computers or sumtotal,coz this car i have seen at maximus towers 2B parking area,i wonder if that's yor car?if it is right then i work in the same building.
Your right, that was my car. I used to work in Maximus 2B till about 3 months ago. I am not there anymore
Old 7th July 2008, 01:25   #21
BHPian

Hello everybody,

I am through with the trip & back home in hyderabad, Trip was awsome, The place is rociking.

Will be uploading the Pics soon.
Old 7th July 2008, 13:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
My B.I.L. is planning a trip to Mahabaleshwar during July 9th to 12th, to meet up with his college pals. He is not driving, but taking a train to Pune,and perhaps a bus from there.
I need info on buses to Mahabaleshwar from Pune, and whether the roads are jammed now due to that processsion of that Sant.
Old 7th July 2008, 13:26   #23
BHPian

Vnabhi,

There are lots of options for Buses that ply to MahaB from Pune. There are State Transport (ST) buses, and you will also find lot of Luxury buses from Pune to MahaB.

Joshua, please upload your drive report. Really looking forward to it.

take care and drive safely
Old 7th July 2008, 22:52   #24
BHPian

hello every one,
I have gone all the way to sholapur from Hyderabad, we have started around 8:30 am & reached Sholapur by 11:00, Super fast drive(150-160Kmph). The Road was awsome my friend ripped off the lancer, then we had a halt for lunch at sholapur, started around 1:00Pm,from there we did not cross 100kmph.
Reached Mohoul,from there the disaster started, we took the pandarpur route, as mentioned by nitindangoria earlier, the road was dead, u cannot fina a tree, nor a human, if something goes wrong there is nobody to help, that was 147km stretch to satara, man the road condition is good & the worst part is the car was troubling, Till pandarpur the car was zooming with speed, don't know for what reason the car is not even touching 80kmph, checked the car, everything was fine, tyres were fine (Tube Less), we carried till a cross road, luckiely we found a small hut where u can have a tea, took a wrong turn from cross road & luckiely found one indica, asked them the way to Satara, turned back & drove all the way to satara.
You will not belive but if u are going through that route you wont feel like listining to music, if you look at left you will find dry land & same on the right,Land is dead.

After reaching Satara, took a right Turn on NH4, all of a sudden felt like life is back after looking at the road, I had a hard time to get the 100kmph speed, NH4 for 74 Km & then we took left to panchgani,the place was totally dark & the time was 7:30Pm, then the ghat road to mahabaleshwar, the can was not at all supporting, har to drive on second & 1st gear, reached the check post & passed little while, all of my frienz were sleeping, I was driving i couldn't see nothing, & i thought something was burnt & the thing i was looking at was the smoke, but it was FOG, man nothing is visible, our car has Neon Lights & its reflecting more, Drove at the speed of 5 kmph & finally we heard voice Hotel,Called them & asked them to guide us, got in to Mahabaleshwar Palace, The room costed us Rs2000 for 2 days since it was off season, had some Pav's & wada's & slept off.

Rest i will keep you posted with pictures.

Last edited by joshuakeys : 7th July 2008 at 23:00. Reason: correction
Old 9th July 2008, 22:36   #25
BHPian

Here are the Pictures.

Random pictures on the way, Including the Pandarpur routeNeed Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_1994.jpg[ATTACH]Need Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_2014.jpg[/ATTACH]
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2014.jpg
Views:	3256
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	27725Need Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_2028.jpgNeed Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_2032.jpgNeed Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_2044.jpg[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044.jpg
Views:	3383
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	27728[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Need Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_2057.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_1998.jpg  

Need Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_1999.jpg  

Need Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad-img_2073.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th July 2008, 18:09   #26
BHPian

Joshua,

You should have taken a couple of snaps of the pandharpur-satara route, just to show how barrena and scary that part is.
I am curious which route you took on your return journey. Did you make any enquiries about the road conditions of the Mahabaleshwar-Baramati-Solapur route ?
Old 13th July 2008, 20:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

jk, there is something wrong--Sholapur is 300 kms from Hyd, not what you have stated. It normally takes 5 to 6 hours to drive there.
Old 14th July 2008, 02:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Joshua,

You should have taken a couple of snaps of the pandharpur-satara route, just to show how barrena and scary that part is.
I am curious which route you took on your return journey. Did you make any enquiries about the road conditions of the Mahabaleshwar-Baramati-Solapur route ?

I have posted the spans above...The dark soil & dried up plants..Thats pandarpur route...As u mentioned while we were returning ther was some festival going on...I will post all the pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
jk, there is something wrong--Sholapur is 300 kms from Hyd, not what you have stated. It normally takes 5 to 6 hours to drive there.

That was it abhi...after shoulapur the road was sick...we drove in three & half hour to shoulapur,

Note from Mod :

1. Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making back to back posts.

2. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2008 at 02:55. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 25th July 2008, 01:51   #29

Need some tips/advice for Hyderabad -> Pune (halt) -> Mahabaleswar -> Pune -> Lonavala, Khandala -> Mumbai -> Hyderabad trip. Planning in 2nd week of August. Spoke to my friends in Pune & Mumbai. Monsoon has just set in.

1. From Joshua's experience, looks like Hyderabad - Solapur would be decent one. Any idea about Solapur - Pune stretch ?

2. How is the water-logging situation in the route I described, on the average. Is it a safe bet ? I don't have a landcruiser like SUV ... have to rely on my indigo marina. 'll be travelling with my wife & little kid. Don't want to get stalled on some dreaded stretch like pandharpur-satara.
Old 25th July 2008, 09:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Solapur-Pune is a good road. No water-logging or flooding anywhere on this route.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed