Team-BHP - Bangalore - Trivandrum Road Trip - Route HELP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Trivandrum Road Trip - Route HELP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/41763-bangalore-trivandrum-road-trip-route-help-3.html)

Btw svsantosh if you need any local route finding help you can get in touch with me. I have sent you my phone number.

Civil Supplies run IOC pump next to Jawahar Bal Bhavan. It's on the Vellayambalam - Museum road.

Civil Supplies run BP pump next near Police Headquarters. It's on Vellayambalam - Vazhuthacaud road.

I always fill up from the Civil Supplies IOC pump and i would rate it high. But these are inside Trivandrum city so if youre inside Trivandrum city for some sight seeing - Museum, Zoo, Art Gallery etc then you can fill up from this place as it's only a stone's throw away.

The BP pump on Kowdiar Raj Bhavan road is also supposed to be good. I have heard from friends who fill up there but no first hand experience.

Let more suggestions come in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 888783)
santhosh was also looking for reliable places to tank up in TVM.
I suggested the varma travels pump @ east fort, the one opp st mary's church at keshavadasapuram, the one at pongumood, the one at genl hospital to pattoor road. Any other recommends guys ?

hi sankar - totally forgot to research on places to see inside TVM city. guide me on a few places - all others,please give me a few places to see around.

And how do I travel between varkala(i) and TVM? a quick guide please, since its only a hours drive...

And how are the kerala cops. Any problem with a TN Regn car? Should I carry originals - I dont have the RC yet, its still printing. Have got the insurance and invoice copies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 889365)
And how are the kerala cops. Any problem with a TN Regn car? Should I carry originals - I dont have the RC yet, its still printing. Have got the insurance and invoice copies.

The above plus your TN lifetime tax token will suffice to take your car anywhere in India until you get the RC.

Quote:

And how do I travel between varkala(i) and TVM? a quick guide please, since its only a hours drive...

Varkala is around 40km from Tvm.

I would suggest to take the originals of the documents you have since you don't yet have the RC. And keep it in a safe place. Also keep photocopies of the documents with you and if the cops stop you show them the photocopies, which is to be kept in a easily accessible place, if they demand the originals fish it out of the safe place and show them. Cops are cool towards out of state cars, nothing to worry there.

Hi santosh,

> great routine you follow there Rajesh sir... pity me , I HAVE to keep both
> my phones on thru the night.

Different routines for different people! I would have had to had I pursued my profession for which I studied! Since I am mangaing a textile retail store, I have restricted hours of work. Moreover, I try to do all business related work only during business hours and still try and use regular phone numbers to contact people wherever they have them.

> PM sounds great. I will pm you mine - in case i get lost... LOL

Done. Thanks for your PM too!

Please take it easy on Kerala stretches. The maximum speed limit is 70kph and though you will find everybody going above that, police / RTO do have regular checking / fining sessions for over speeding.

Moreover road surfaces may be deteriorating a little due to rains.

I will update the Alleppey - Trivandrum route conditions after 9th.

The attached picture is the Kollam round that you would be traversing.

The junction at Kollam confuses many and now they have movable dividers near the traffic light to confuse more.

If traveling with kids, would suggest Marine Aquarium, Planetarium.

Any plans to stay at Varkala? The Govt Guest House is cheap and good. Need to call them up a bit early though. Varkala-Tvm drives takes only 45min.

To add to what Rajesh said, at the clock tower junction in Kollam, simply go up the overbridge which crosses the railway track and passes the railway station. The road to the left goes to Punalur.

Quote:

hi sankar - totally forgot to research on places to see inside TVM city. guide me on a few places - all others,please give me a few places to see around.

In TVM, places to see:

- Padmanabha Swamy Temple - remember, you have to wear dhotis
- Zoo, one of the oldest and best in India
- Veli Beach and Boating Resort, backwaters closest to TVM, 3 kms from airport
- Kovalam Beach, 12 kms from airport
- Science & technology Museum, near Planetarium
- Ponmudi, hill station 60 kms from TVM, ideal day trip

Hi,

> the clock tower junction in Kollam, simply go up the overbridge which crosses > the railway track and passes the railway station.

Just as you see the railway station on the left (about 150 - 300 metres from the railway overbridge), you would see a road going to the right with a little pole or something in the middle of the road. Take this right and continue on this road.

The image I have of this is too small to actually see properly.

hai guys - too many inputs in a day.

To all....

1) Travelling with wifey and probably 1 more couple (office buddy) (no kids)
2) great idea of round-about pic, i am sure to get lost at least once if not more
3) did not know 70 Limit - I anyways try to chill out on my drives with family
4) great ideas to visit - will try to see all of them
5) I am going to stay in Kadaltheeram beach resort - varkala

thanks
san

sankar rajesh greenhorn das... and all your guys from Kerala...

Is it true this years monsoon is lower in intensity than usual? will it mean i may have lesser wet than a more wet drive? confusing!! but you got my question right ??

50% less rains in South Kerala, a recent Met Office release said. North Kerala is receiving its normal quota of rains.

rains ? what rains ?
At least in TVM, we've only had a few occasional drizzles. dont know the situation up north.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 894042)
50% less rains in South Kerala, a recent Met Office release said. North Kerala is receiving its normal quota of rains.

wow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 894607)
rains ? what rains ?
At least in TVM, we've only had a few occasional drizzles. dont know the situation up north.

superb...will check with you again next week.. say monday'ish...?