Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 00:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
i have done 2 hrs and 40 min leaving at around 1 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
What have u done in 2hrs and 40mins?? Be specific as u are famous for doing various things at night.

He meant, he has done it in...the drive I mean.

I (and many at TBHP) can vouch for this. I remember him driving down to me TBHPians who came for my marriage.
Old 5th July 2008, 00:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What have u done in 2hrs and 40mins?? Be specific, as u are famous for doing various things at night.
2 hours and 40 minutes. Get some sleep dude.
Old 5th July 2008, 01:46   #48
BHPian

Quote:
What have u done in 2hrs and 40mins?? Be specific, as u are famous for doing various things at night.
Hehe .

I have done Vytila (Cochin) to my home (Kowdiar, Tvm) in 2 hrs 31 mins, which includes a 10 minute tea/smoke stop at Kollam Rly Stn Jn (usual stopping place). Was alone driving RedFire, started from Vytila at 10.45 pm, reached my car porch at 1.16am. The starting time is not that good normally for fast drive, but that particular day traffic was very less.

On the way back from Monsoon Drive, did Kottayam-TVM in 2 hrs 20 mins in peak hours. After lunch from Vembanadu hotel, Kottayam, started at 3.10pm and reachd CCD, Kowdiar, TVM at 5.30pm. As JK said, MC road from Kottarakkara to TVM is good now and can be done fast at non peak hours.
Old 5th July 2008, 04:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
thats what I did, kazhakoottam to aroor, in 2hrs. do I still get booked for rash driving?
If you overtook from the left, it does
Old 5th July 2008, 05:44   #50
BHPian

oie i regret i said anything!

if this forum allowed profane words of insanity! you would hear a lot from me but then again i don't take what you all say seriously so "beep" to u all .

@Kpzen/getz - abhi thu bacha hei ladla! care to tell me specifically of what i do at night, seems to me you know a lot!
@Jkdas - i see a lot of pent up "humour" *in air quotes* ruffing up, what no sleep these days! or u busy snuggling under something u call MR blanky all night long!

Last edited by xinome : 5th July 2008 at 05:49.
Old 5th July 2008, 08:15   #51
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
If you overtook from the left, it does
what? me? overtake from the left? never!

Old 5th July 2008, 10:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Anyday between 12midnight and 6am... 2.30hrs is very much easily do-able.. Only TVM Kollam seems to take a while, after that all the places get pretty much quickly covered.

The easiest way to get to EKM fast without goin flat out would be to get on the Jan Shatabdi train and u'll be there in 3hrs flat

Last edited by karthik247 : 5th July 2008 at 10:03.
Old 5th July 2008, 10:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
The easiest way to get to EKM fast without goin flat out would be to get on the Jan Shatabdi train and u'll be there in 3hrs flat
Jan Shatabdi takes 3 hrs 25 mts.
Old 5th July 2008, 11:33   #54
jp1
BHPian

Horrified to see this thread going into 4 pages. Now somebody is going to try even make it in 1 hr to prove a point. This is insane. For heaven sake try to get a racing track to prove the driving skills, not a 2 lane narrow congested roads. Mods, i fee this thread should be removed
Old 5th July 2008, 12:07   #55

hi every1...

i have done cochin-Tvm in my merc E280cdi in less than 2 hours.i did hit a top speed of 210kmph.i started at 5am and reached tvm at 6:40am...
Old 14th October 2014, 22:45   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Cochin - Trivandrum (200kms) in 2 hours. How the heck is it possible ?

http://http://www.asianetnews.tv/chu...transplatation
An ambulance did the tvm-kochi stretch in 2.5 hrs. and was transporting a kidney from Kochi to Thiruvananthapuram.

The ambulance was of the Amrita medical college and the journey started at 6 in the morning.

Last edited by DicKy : 14th October 2014 at 22:56.
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:22   #57
BHPian

Just discovered this long-lost thread and it feels apt to post here now.

Well, the situation has changed over the years. Cars have become better and safer but the roads have become more dangerous!

Took 7 hours to cover the same Trivandrum- Kochi stretch last night, thanks to some political marches and religious festivals. 5 hours is the normal average ( for safe driving these days, I repeat, SAFE :-))

Rgds
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Took 7 hours to cover the same Trivandrum- Kochi stretch last night, thanks to some political marches and religious festivals. 5 hours is the normal average ( for safe driving these days, I repeat, SAFE :-))

Rgds
Agree. Need of the hour is bypass atleast in Allepy and Kollam - driving through these places saps time like anything
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:47   #59
BHPian

Me and my family drive down to Kochi every weekend to visit my sister. My dad is a pretty sedate driver and he drives at ~70 kmph. It usually takes us around 5 hours and BTW, it takes an express train about 2.5 hours to reach Kochi. I find it unbelievable to think that a person reached in around 2 hours. He must've been flying or atleast been goin on at ~180 to reach Kochi in 2 hours.
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

This stretch is a regular commute to me that I absolutely hate this stretch and driving on it. I almost always try to take the train. If I am forced to drive, I start at 130 AM after office hours to reach home at ekm by about 0430. The return journey will start at about 3 in the morning. If i were to start at about 9 from vyttila, it will easily take well over 5 hours and a painful left knee.

Even then the stretches are a night mare, with no dividers and high beams. I even thought of going to nagercoil and then up to dinidgul and valparai - chalakudy to get out of this stupid stretch of road.

They really have to do something to get this stretch cleared, but I am not hopeful.
People in Kochi can get out easily to coimbatore and then to rest of India, the folks in TVM, can travel to marthandam and nagercoil or to tenkasi to get to Tamil Nadu and to rest of India. It is only those folks who travel between Cochin and TVM suffer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks